Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev Al To Minneapolis (what could go wrong?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its times like this that I'd give fifty bucks and my left nut to live in Kenosha.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The way it should have been handled from the start.

A Florida sheriff on Monday encouraged residents to open fire on violent looters who try to enter their homes. “I would tell them, if you value your life, they probably shouldn’t do that in Polk Co…
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

No. Not sarcasm. Omaha and the surrounding area has an 8 PM curfew. WalMart closed at 5 as did most stores. Im not sure what QT is doing, they dont have locks.

Last night was supposed to get really ugly because the local county attorney declined to press charges against a STORE OWNER that DEFENDED HIMSELF AGAINST A VIOLENT ATTACK Saturday night. The STORE OWNER was protecting his business.

Crowds swelled downtown after the announcement and heavy equipment was moved in. All roads leading into and out of downtown were blocked. The police and national guard did a fantastic job of keeping control.

The roads downtown are closed again tonight, Omaha has an 8 PM curfew for the foreseeable future, but the protesters seem to have dissipated. Great news, now if they would just open up the city again.
        FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

No. Not sarcasm. Omaha and the surrounding area has an 8 PM curfew. WalMart closed at 5 as did most stores. Im not sure what QT is doing, they dont have locks.

Last night was supposed to get really ugly because the local county attorney declined to press charges against a white man that killed a black man Saturday night. The white man was protecting his business.

Crowds swelled downtown after the announcement and heavy equipment was moved in. All roads leading into and out of downtown were blocked. The police and national guard did a fantastic job of keeping control.

The roads downtown are closed again tonight, Omaha has an 8 PM curfew for the foreseeable future, but the protesters seem to have dissipated. Great news, now if they would just open up the city again.
          I have no issue with what the store owner did.

I suppose my shock to your post was that you were complaining about your civil liberties being infringed upon when the infringement was to protect many other people from having their civil liberties and property infringed upon by a riotous crowd. And to protect businesses and law enforcement officers from potentially escalating things further. I know your intent was not to come across as "me, me, me" but it looked that way.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Officer Derek Chauvin was disciplined for pulling a woman from her car and frisking her during stop for speeding, one of 17 times he's been investigated.

why was he still on the job?

Comment

• I don't know if I can take much of these calls to action seriously until some of these local politicians in these major racist cities are held accountable at the ballot box by the citizens of said city. I know that I would gladly help them out, however, I am not allowed to vote in those elections as I am not a resident. All I can do is put a black cover on my facebook and hashtag my sympathies. I know that type of support is immense and overwhelmingly powerful in and of itself, but in a few days, I'll take a cute picture of my dog or daughter and, man, that's gotta be my new profile pic, ya know what I mean!!??

I trust that in November or whenever your racist mayor, county commissioners, sheriff's etc come up for election, you remember the failings for the past 50 or 60 years and recent killings at their hands and you do the right thing and vote those racist white republicans out of power over your lives and be done once and for all. If need be, a recall effort must be undertaken.

God Bless!

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                I don't know if I can take much of these calls to action seriously until some of these local politicians in these major racist cities are held accountable at the ballot box by the citizens of said city. I know that I would gladly help them out, however, I am not allowed to vote in those elections as I am not a resident. All I can do is put a black cover on my facebook and hashtag my sympathies. I know that type of support is immense and overwhelmingly powerful in and of itself, but in a few days, I'll take a cute picture of my dog or daughter and, man, that's gotta be my new profile pic, ya know what I mean!!??

I trust that in November or whenever your racist mayor, county commissioners, sheriff's etc come up for election, you remember the failings for the past 50 or 60 years and recent killings at their hands and you do the right thing and vote those racist white republicans out of power over your lives and be done once and for all. If need be, a recall effort must be undertaken.

God Bless!
                I didn't know that the only possible racists to hold office were white Republicans. Thank you for giving me that knowledge...

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

I didn't know that the only possible racists to hold office were white Republicans. Thank you for giving me that knowledge...
                  If there ever were any minority republicans, they would also be racist, but there obviously aren't any because, duh, republicans are racist and who would be in a party that hates your race?

I suppose I don't need to say white republicans, because it's redundant.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I'm trying to limit my news intake (all major and cable networks), but watched The Ingraham Angle last night and thought it was interesting. I've posted stories from other networks, so don't beat me up for posting a Fox News report.

If you don't want to watch the entire program, start at 28:00, or even 38:00, but I found the two interviews at 39:00 particularly interesting.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      I don't know if I can take much of these calls to action seriously until some of these local politicians in these major racist cities are held accountable at the ballot box by the citizens of said city. I know that I would gladly help them out, however, I am not allowed to vote in those elections as I am not a resident. All I can do is put a black cover on my facebook and hashtag my sympathies. I know that type of support is immense and overwhelmingly powerful in and of itself, but in a few days, I'll take a cute picture of my dog or daughter and, man, that's gotta be my new profile pic, ya know what I mean!!??

God Bless!
                      sure

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I have no issue with what the store owner did.

I suppose my shock to your post was that you were complaining about your civil liberties being infringed upon when the infringement was to protect many other people from having their civil liberties and property infringed upon by a riotous crowd. And to protect businesses and law enforcement officers from potentially escalating things further. I know your intent was not to come across as "me, me, me" but it looked that way.
                        You are right, it's not me, me , me, but frustration over the whole handling of everything. Curtailing the rioting, while allowing legal, protected protest is easier than leaders are making it. In many cities, they are failing miserably.

The planned violence in Omaha was known, from the paid agitators to those legally protesting. The communication was monitored (dumb to publish plans on facebook and twitter).

Knowing where the problems are going to be, yet shutting the rest of the community down is stupid. I think, and have said, our local leadership did a wonderful job of curtailing the violence. Textbook, actually. They simply shut down motor traffic into and out of the hot zones. Protesters protested, antagonists and looters weren't willing to walk the mile or so to engage in I'll will. It all just slowly evaporated. They didnt need to shut down grocery stores 15 miles away from any hot spot. It was an overreaction. The curfew was lifted for now.

Comment

• Rumor floating around that WPD and surrounding area aware enforcement are expecting potentially violent protests in Wichita and some surrounding towns this evening.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• FYI some of the protesters at New Market Square last night were open carrying AK-47s slung over their shoulders.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Good question! Although the facts of those cases are left out, that’s a lot of complaints.

Working in the pharma industry, the ability to manipulate data is turned off for our analytical chemists. Why do cops have the ability to turn off their car cam or body cam? That should be controlled by IA.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                FYI some of the protesters at New Market Square last night were open carrying AK-47s slung over their shoulders.
                                I'll pray for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X