Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev Al To Minneapolis (what could go wrong?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Antifa uses “zebra” camouflage tactics. Skinny white kids dressed in all black with a mask. It’s hard to pick them out of a crowd. They also have wealthy donors willing to bail them out, and/or they operate in democrat cities that release without bail or release due to Covid.

Thousands have been arrested. Mayor Bill Deblasio’s daughter is one.
    That's not their tactics thats how 17 year old disaffected kids dress.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

That's not their tactics thats how 17 year old disaffected kids dress.
      Those kids are foot soldiers for Antifa. It’s in the hand book. Maybe the adult revolutionaries aren’t on the ground.

Livin the dream

Comment

Here’s what I don’t understand. Why do we do statistics on ethnic groups anyway? Why on earth would the color of your skin define any crime statistic? Ability to succeed? Well, maybe you say it’s so we can point out racism. I tell you what, inequity does not mean cause = racism. Rather, racist incidents should be compiled. Those should be tallied and studied. Then you can enact laws that solve problems!
        I agree. The number of black homicides vs white homicides on its own leaves a lot of guesswork. I'm sure the number of black on black in Chicago is large for example. Also, depressed areas, white or black, probably have higher %s of homicides and crime in general. While I agree that racist incidents should be compiled, it too is a very slippery slope. If a cop has other incidents, were they all on blacks, or was it a mix? Is his general beat area higher in blacks than the norm (an area that might have higher crime in general as well)? By the way, the MN cop was an idiot and it appears that at least one of his buds is not much better.

My wife had an incident where she was going to make a right turn at the next intersection where there was both a short added righthand turn only lane and a short added merge only lane. She turned on her blinker to merge into the righthand turn only lane and also to merge left on the other street. She was stopped and given a ticket for not turning on her turn signal. The officer said he noticed the blinker was on to merge into the turn lane and again to merge on the next street. However, (unknowingly to my wife), the turn signal went off after she merged into the right turn only lane and she did not turn it on again to actually turn right (a situation where she could only do one thing...turn right). The cop was black. Was it racist? By the way, she fought it and got out of it because the cop didn't appear (I wouldn't have either if I were him). The question is, where do you draw the line on what is absolutely racist.

When the cops were clearing out the church area for Trump's Bible Moment, a cop hit an Australian reporter and cameraman with his hand-held shield to move them out. Does he have a thing against Australians or reporters? What if one of them had been black?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I agree. The number of black homicides vs white homicides on its own leaves a lot of guesswork. I'm sure the number of black on black in Chicago is large for example. Also, depressed areas, white or black, probably have higher %s of homicides and crime in general. While I agree that racist incidents should be compiled, it too is a very slippery slope. If a cop has other incidents, were they all on blacks, or was it a mix? Is his general beat area higher in blacks than the norm (an area that might have higher crime in general as well)? By the way, the MN cop was an idiot and it appears that at least one of his buds is not much better.

My wife had an incident where she was going to make a right turn at the next intersection where there was both a short added righthand turn only lane and a short added merge only lane. She turned on her blinker to merge into the righthand turn only lane and also to merge left on the other street. She was stopped and given a ticket for not turning on her turn signal. The officer said he noticed the blinker was on to merge into the turn lane and again to merge on the next street. However, (unknowingly to my wife), the turn signal went off after she merged into the right turn only lane and she did not turn it on again to actually turn right (a situation where she could only do one thing...turn right). The cop was black. Was it racist? By the way, she fought it and got out of it because the cop didn't appear (I wouldn't have either if I were him). The question is, where do you draw the line on what is absolutely racist.

When the cops were clearing out the church area for Trump's Bible Moment, a cop hit an Australian reporter and cameraman with his hand-held shield to move them out. Does he have a thing against Australians or reporters? What if one of them had been black?
          Racism implies motive or pattern. That’s how you identify it. Motive and/or pattern. You also have to compare it back to the population they are interacting with. Pulling over 9 black people out of ten if you work in Patterson NJ isn’t a pattern. It is if you work in Kiowa, KS though.

There was a lawsuit against NJ Highway Patrol because they were pulling over a disproportionate number of Black people. Then they set up a radar gun and a camera and it turns out that demographic populations were speeding at the same rate that they were being ticketed.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying the cop who hit the australian reporter is a racist. I think that people are upset because it was an absolute excessive and repulsive display. You can see another cop come over and pull on his shoulder to get him to stop. Imagine the fury our state department would unleash on China if it's police did that on camera to an american reporter.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Racism implies motive or pattern. That’s how you identify it. Motive and/or pattern. You also have to compare it back to the population they are interacting with. Pulling over 9 black people out of ten if you work in Patterson NJ isn’t a pattern. It is if you work in Kiowa, KS though.

There was a lawsuit against NJ Highway Patrol because they were pulling over a disproportionate number of Black people. Then they set up a radar gun and a camera and it turns out that demographic populations were speeding at the same rate that they were being ticketed.
              So, you agree that it can be a slippery slope. One saying something is racist doesn't make it so.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I don't think anyone is saying the cop who hit the australian reporter is a racist. I think that people are upset because it was an absolute excessive and repulsive display. You can see another cop come over and pull on his shoulder to get him to stop. Imagine the fury our state department would unleash on China if it's police did that on camera to an american reporter.
                Absolutely excessive!! But, again, had one been black, would it also have been racist? I say no, but it would have been interesting (or not) to hear where the press would have taken it.

Comment

• According to the WaPo 10 unarmed African Americans were killed by police last year. Five were killed while attacking an officer. Three tried to run down an officer. Two officers were charged.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

So, you agree that it can be a slippery slope. One saying something is racist doesn't make it so.
                    So I agree with your second statement. It’s not a slippery slope though. A slippery slope says that if we let men claim they are women, the next they will want is to use the women’s bathroom, and then they will want to compete in women’s sports. An obvious logical fallacy.

Livin the dream

Comment

• FYI: In 2019 10 black people were killed by police and 19 white people. The number of cops killed was more than all ethnicities killed, combined.

Comment

• I suspect that the football career of Drew Brees may be over

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I suspect that the football career of Drew Brees may be over
                          So much for free speech. Smh!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I shoulder some of the blame for Brees. As a perennial fantasy football loser, I traded for him at the beginning of last year and am in a dynasty league. Hence, his mediocrity last year and now, his possible demise entirely.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• This entire thing is completely out of hand.

I listened to Drew. If you are offended by those comments, I have no hope for you or humanity.

The PBP from the Sacramento Kings was apparently fired from his radio show, then subsequently quit his work with the Kings for telling Demarcus Cousins that he was so happy to hear from him and it had been awhile and it was great. His parents taught him to treat everyone the same, be respectful and that no one is different and that all lives matter.

A slew of NBA'rs decided that All Lives Matter is racist and excoriated the man. Of course, he's an insensitive old white man, obviously blind to his racist ways so he needs to lose his job and be ridiculed by numerous MULTIMILLIONAIRES who have been so ****ing oppressed by him over time that they aren't yet BILLIONAIRES.

UN****ING REAL.

Comment

•  
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X