Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev Al To Minneapolis (what could go wrong?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska Medicine's response:
    Because of the potential of continued unrest tonightBecause of the potential of continued unrest tonight in Omaha, Nebraska Medicine is closing the following locations early:

Old Market Health CenterFontenelle Health CenterMidtown Health CenterGirls Inc Health CenterECCP (Mutual of Omaha)The Family Place

All Immediate Care Clinics will be closed tonight.

For staff coming to work at any Nebraska Medicine location overnight, please use caution when driving to work. Additional security will be on site at the Nebraska Medical Center, Bellevue Medical Center and Village Pointe. Those parking at the Nebraska Medical Center campus should park as close as possible to their work area. Parking enforcement will be suspended tonight.

in Omaha, Nebraska Medicine is closing the following locations early:
    • Old Market Health Center
    • Fontenelle Health Center
    • Midtown Health Center
    • Girls Inc Health Center
    • ECCP (Mutual of Omaha)
    • The Family Place

All Immediate Care Clinics will be closed tonight.

For staff coming to work at any Nebraska Medicine location overnight, please use caution when driving to work. Additional security will be on site at the Nebraska Medical Center, Bellevue Medical Center and Village Pointe. Those parking at the Nebraska Medical Center campus should park as close as possible to their work area. Parking enforcement will be suspended tonight.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; June 1, 2020, 05:21 PM.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Sorry it didnt paste well, but we're preparing for armageddon up here. I really hope its overblown.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

"President Donald Trump is considering invoking a 213-year-old federal law that would allow him to deploy active-duty U.S. troops to respond to protests in cities across the country, according to four people familiar with the internal White House discussions."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
        Last edited by Kung Wu; June 1, 2020, 05:22 PM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          "President Donald Trump is considering invoking a 213-year-old federal law that would allow him to deploy active-duty U.S. troops to respond to protests in cities across the country, according to four people familiar with the internal White House discussions."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
          82nd airborne has been put on alert and told they would not need their weapons. So I guess the idea is they can be targets.

Comment

It seems like OPD did a good job at disarming the protests so far. They blocked all traffic into downtown early, which has kept the crowd size small. A few broken windows at McDonalds by the Creighton campus. I hope this holds. The black community in Omaha is PISSED that there were no charges filed on the Saturday night shooting. If all goes well, tomorrow will just be the day after WalMart and Sam's closed at 2 for nothing.

8 PM curfew in effect for the metro area.

Comment

What was the Saturday night shooting?
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                What was the Saturday night shooting?
                store owner was beaten and fired from the ground

Comment

Looks like the 2 young ladies from the Catskills who tried torch 4 NYPD cops in a police van are trying to raise a few bucks for legal defense.

So far not doing real well. Personally, I think I will pass on this one as well.

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

BTW, the older sister waived her right to an attorney and admitted that she threw the molotov cocktail into the van.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

store owner was beaten and fired from the ground
                    Did this happen in Omaha or elsewhere? When I google “store owner shoots protestor”, there are literally dozens of stories.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Omaha
                      https://www.omaha.com/news/crime/no-...08ac81a24.html
                      Last edited by pinstripers; June 1, 2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

This country is completely ****ed up. Especially the 18-30 demographic. It’s horrifying to think this generation will take over in a few years.

People can’t even protect themselves in self defense without idiots blindly reacting to it as a white on black hate crime.

Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

OPD is handling this mess well so far. The whole thing may fizzle out. It was eerily quiet in my neighborhood tonight. Because of the shooting, there has been an 8 PM curfew last night through at least tomorrow, it will probably be extended. Last night, some people ignored the curfew, tonight, not one single car. Screenshot_20200601-222509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            This country is completely ****ed up. Especially the 18-30 demographic. It’s horrifying to think this generation will take over in a few years.
                            People can’t even protect themselves in self defense without idiots blindly reacting to it as a white on black hate crime.
                            Yes Fev. You’re right. An awful lot of people including the 18-30 generation (probably predominately 18-30) see no purpose in their life. They only see life in terms of what happens to and for them. No one else really matters and they have little or no hope, goals, understanding of responsibility, little money, and/or goals to improve themselves. Happiness, fulfillment, usefulness, and contentment doesn’t just happen. It requires something from each individual.

There were a good number of policemen, and others who needlessly died and/or were injured last night (and past few nights) because of individuals who see no hope (by beating business owners, randomly shooting cops, looting, setting businesses on fire, and other means of anarchy). They tell us it’s because they are angry because one racist policeman killed a man, and while I and others are angry about that too, we aren’t out killing and hurting others.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes Fev. You’re right. An awful lot of people including the 18-30 generation (probably predominately 18-30) see no purpose in their life. They only see life in terms of what happens to and for them. No one else really matters and they have little or no hope, goals, understanding of responsibility, little money, and/or goals to improve themselves. Happiness, fulfillment, usefulness, and contentment doesn’t just happen. It requires something from each individual.
                              I 100% agree with you. So what do we do about those problems?
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There were a good number of policemen, and others who needlessly died and/or were injured last night (and past few nights) because of individuals who see no hope (by beating business owners, randomly shooting cops, looting, setting businesses on fire, and other means of anarchy). They tell us it’s because they are angry because one racist policeman killed a man, and while I and others are angry about that too, we aren’t out killing and hurting others.
                                Obviously like everything it's not across the board, there are tons of 18-30 year olds that work their ass off and have life goals and we should all be proud of them. But you never hear about them. And to be honest, I have no idea if it's the majority of that age group. Pop culture has done a number on a large percentage of our youth, to be sure and the previous generations raising the next to be all the more dependent on someone other then themselves. It started a long time ago. No winners, no score, bad behavior not being addressed and corrected, etc, etc. While to some degree, it is commendable and important to teach kids that everyone deserves respect and to be treated fairly, but at the same time, you have to teach kids that bad behavior does not warrant praise and or respect either. And too many believe that there are no consequences because there was always someone there to clean up the mess or dismiss it because calling it out would reflect poorly on the person 'judging' the behavior. This goes across all levels of income btw. The rich kid that gets a pass for a DUI, or snorting coke because daddy has friends to the poor kid that smokes dope after school because his mother or father is not around. No one is there to tell the kid, NO! Generation after generation continues to be taught that society is oppressive. Society is racist. Society is sexist, Society is killing the planet etc. What does this do? It kills the will of the youth to even try. And the media is more than willing to take the 1% of ugly and plaster it in their faces all the time to reinforce that. Why? I don't know why? Why on the one hand do we go out of our way to make each child feel special only to turn around and tell them that the world they live in is a hell hole?

How can we blame them? We made them. They see gloried celebrities with bling and cars and women. It all started 40 years ago (Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous). You start with something like that and like everything, someone comes along and one-ups it. Someone makes a product better, someone puts a new twist on a TV show. Someone takes whatever it is to the next level. And then the next, and then the next. Who can go above this? It's everywhere in society. Some good, some not so much as it turns out. From a guy doing a 720 on a skateboard one day to the next guy doing a 900 to a 1080. It's natural. America wants more. But the expectations of life become more out of touch with reality. And what they don't see is all the work that the person spent getting to where they are. Taking what one person did and taking it further, through practice, ingenuity, and resources spent. They don't know that most people are poor when they start out in life. They expect to go to college and someone gives them $100k job and on they go. Instead they get gouged by the benevolent liberal colleges (who's only reason for existing is the educate, right). With billion dollar endowments, charging $150k for a degree in something with no practical application in society, because they want to make a difference. Well, sorry, making a difference doesn't pay too well. What does pay well, is doing what people who have money want to pay for.

Again, I don't know how widespread it is. Where I live, the kids are wonderful and still go work at Price Chopper sacking groceries, mcdonald's and the garden centers and volunteer for charity events. So what I see in person doesn't jive with what I see on TV. But without proper parenting from the start, it's all for not.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X