Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Your emotional response and subsequent littering of MS Paint references across all parts of this message board tells me everything I need to know. Get well soon.

Oh... and one more thing.

July 7th

September 8th

Called it! What a coincidence!

P.S. That big spike is a great illustration of why trailing stops suck.

G'nite sport!
    Again, you actually think you are proving your point when you just got self owned. Epic Elizabeth Warren in a Native American stuff right there.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Here's my new Paint graph. It shows my study of the correlation between Covid and reading idiotic posts on SN from Cold and the like:

Untitled.jpg
      C'mon. You're being emotional again.

Comment

• No, here is what acting emotional and unstable looks like. Attacking a 7 year old and stealing his MAGA hat. Actually shocked they were even charged with anything.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/delaware-...-crime-charges

Comment

• Trump told Bob Woodward he knew in February that COVID-19 was 'deadly stuff' but wanted to 'play it down'

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Again, you actually think you are proving your point when you just got self owned. Epic Elizabeth Warren in a Native American stuff right there.
            I'm gonna bail you out here by being cooperative and conversational proving I'm not here to troll.

Elizabeth Warren's Pocahontas moment was indeed epic. To find out she has less Native American DNA in her blood than the average American will go down as one of the biggest political blunders in history next to "Howard Dean's Scream".

But back to your "issue". I don't need to find the 2nd derivative of a function to broadly identify a trend change - particularly when the change jibes with the qualitative/fundamental knowledge available (pandemics tend to "pandemic"). This is how forecasting (CEO'ing) works. I'll leave exact predictions of death counts and other such carnival acts to the nerds with the inch-thick glasses. They'll always get it wrong anyway by varying degrees. For the purposes of our discussions, all I really want to know is whether we're going up or down.

You see, Pocahontas allowed her ego to affect her decisions, I do not. My goal first and foremost in Shockernet Covid discussion is to provide reliable information and guidance. To facilitate that goal I do not step outside my purview. Thankfully my purview is quite vast.

P.S. I got A's in my college calculus classes if that helps you rest better at night. Don't expect me to demonstrate much of it with my hardening brain though.

Comment

• I don't buy it. Woodward is and has been an anti-trumper and has taken any chance he can to bash the President for anything. Besides that, do you really think Trump was the only one with this mentality? There are numerous people (left and right) who didn't immediately take it seriously and then changed their tune. As Joe Hiden would say "C'mon Man"

Comment

• Not surprising. Trump wanted to protect his economy. What he didn't realize at the time was the stock market preferred to see him act decisively to stop it. His attempts to deceive "for our own good" did nothing but help the market crash by 35%.... and kill a lot of folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Just 4 days before Memorial Day the New England Journal of Medicine released a report stating mask wearing is a "reflexive reaction based on anxiety over the pandemic."
                  The problem with people reading scientific articles they come to conclusions without concerning themselves with [full] context. Masking reduces your infectious radius during sustained encounters with people.

A growing body of research shows that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is strongly correlated with the duration and intensity of contact: the risk of transmission among household members can be as high as 40%, whereas the risk of transmission from less intense and less sustained encounters is below 5%.5-7

We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods.
                  Where u see people wearing their mask in their cars, outside walking , etc - these are the people acting out their "reflexive reaction to anxiety" and are fearful. Also we are finding that politicians seem to have a lot of anxiety and seem to want to push and feed their own anxiety on to the general public.

Let remember that masks are a tool, and are helpful in certain situations when you have to have sustained contact with somebody inside 6 ft. If you maintain your social distancing then the benefit is limited.

Comment

For the purposes of our discussions, all I really want to know is whether we're going up or down.
                    We’re going down.

You’re welcome.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not surprising. Trump wanted to protect his economy. What he didn't realize at the time was the stock market preferred to see him act decisively to stop it. His attempts to deceive "for our own good" did nothing but help the market crash by 35%.... and kill a lot of folks.
                      So what about all the other "experts" and politicians who got it way wrong multiple times? What is their accountability?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We’re going down.

You’re welcome.
                        Yep. Have been for some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The problem with people reading scientific articles they come to conclusions without concerning themselves with [full] context. Masking reduces your infectious radius during sustained encounters with people.

Appreciate the reply. I've posted that several times because there are posters rehashing the same argument over and over. My main, if somewhat vaguer point, was the date that was printed, May the 21st (I belive), in context to the more pertinent mitigating factor; social distancing, which you also pointed out. That release was approximately 4 days before the knighting of St. George on May the 25th, which gave us this:

Protest.jpg

There's our surge right there.

Comment

• A prominent religious leader in Ukraine who made headlines earlier this year for publicly claiming the coronavirus pandemic was “God’s punishment” for same-sex marriage remained hospitalized Tuesday after testing positive for COVID-19 last week.

Ukraine church leader who said coronavirus was 'God's punishment' for same-sex marriage hospitalized with COVID-19

Patriarch Filaret leads one of Ukraine’s largest Christian Orthodox denominations

A prominent religious leader in Ukraine who made headlines earlier this year for publicly claiming the coronavirus pandemic was “God’s punishment” for same-sex marriage remained hospitalized Tuesday after testing positive for COVID-19 last week.

Patriarch Filaret, 91, who leads the large Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Kiev Patriarchate, received a positive test result for COVID-19 during his “scheduled testing” and began hospital treatment, the church announced Friday on its website and Facebook page. In an update Tuesday, the church said Filaret remained hospitalized in “stable” condition and continues treatment.

“His Holiness Patriarch Filaret is especially grateful to everyone who shows his love and support in prayers for his health," the church said. "Today the state of health of Patriarch Filaret is stable, treatment continues.”
                            Funny **** right?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Definitely not political.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X