Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do I need to pull up the graph for you with some MS Paint squiggly lines?
    You know I was thinking about my graphs the other day. If I posted them and then comparisons to what happened after... AND the accompanying commentary from the "resident experts"... oh boy that would be a trolling knockout punch wouldn't it? But I'm not here to troll, I'm here to help and inform.

Rest assured though, anytime you feel like getting cute or pithy... I won a loooooong time ago. One-legged men in ass-kicking contests notwithstanding...

The only goal is to reach the victory line mostly unscathed. Hopefully that's right around the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Just stop being such an effing dick.
      If I'm hitting too close to home perhaps use that discomfort to take an inventory of you and yours. Conquering obesity in this country would be akin to wiping away the national debt. It's really a tremendous financial burden. We could afford free healthcare for all if this nation's average was even close to a healthy BMI.

Comment

How many times has that “model” changed and flipped back and forth?

Are we really trying to predict deaths from a virus if that’s actually possible? And worst of all, are we hoping these models are right so we can win a fight on an Internet forum?
        Models are fluid, they adjust to changing inputs. That's why it's called science.

You would prefer we just wet our finger and hold it up in the air?

Or maybe we should wait for our fearless leader to speak so we know what information to ignore...

Comment

• Just wait. After Labor Day the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths will explode by 5000%. There is a lag. Get ready folks it is going to get so far out of hand we might have to shut down the country...oh wait a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Models are fluid, they adjust to changing inputs. That's why it's called science.

Or maybe we should wait for our fearless leader to speak so we know what information to ignore...
            You just proved my point. It’s constantly changing. So saying this is what’s gonna happen by January 1st is meaningless because by your own admittance it’s constantly changing.

So that post was essentially a pile of meaningless dirt.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And they said it couldn't be done. Hmmphh...

Warp Speed.jpg

C'mon man!

Comment

You just proved my point. It’s constantly changing. So saying this is what’s gonna happen by January 1st is meaningless because by your own admittance it’s constantly changing.

So that post was essentially a pile of meaningless dirt.
                Small changes. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater when inputs vary. It's a tool used for prediction. The more often you change it the more accurate it will become.

I'll be honest, it is hard for me to accept the predictions too for what it's worth. That doesn't mean it won't happen. If it does it will be a very sad day for America.

Comment

Small changes. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater when inputs vary. It's a tool used for prediction. The more often you change it the more accurate it will become.

I'll be honest, it is hard for me to accept the predictions too for what it's worth. That doesn't mean it won't happen. If it does it will be a very sad day for America.
                  I'll say it for you...It absolutely will not happen! In reality any way. They might spin it to make is seem like it has happened (a la focusing on "cases").

Comment

You know I was thinking about my graphs the other day. If I posted them and then comparisons to what happened after... AND the accompanying commentary from the "resident experts"... oh boy that would be a trolling knockout punch wouldn't it? But I'm not here to troll, I'm here to help and inform.

Rest assured though, anytime you feel like getting cute or pithy... I won a loooooong time ago. One-legged men in ass-kicking contests notwithstanding...

The only goal is to reach the victory line mostly unscathed. Hopefully that's right around the corner.
                    If your graphs were accurate, it would be pure coincidence. See, those straight lines on graphs are mathematically derived equations. You just drew a ****ing line on a data set. Seriously. You defaced data with a scribble, AND you want to claim that owned someone. Seriously.

Dunning Kruger.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

But MS Paint doesn’t change. That’s just a squiggle. Leave the science to scientists.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Let’s see your MS Paint model. What should we be at right now?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• 2D-Lines.png
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            What does this represent? I don't see any labels on the axis or a legend telling me what I am looking at.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If your graphs were accurate, it would be pure coincidence. See, those straight lines on graphs are mathematically derived equations. You just drew a ****ing line on a data set. Seriously. You defaced data with a scribble, AND you want to claim that owned someone. Seriously.

Dunning Kruger.
                              Your emotional response and subsequent littering of MS Paint references across all parts of this message board tells me everything I need to know. Get well soon.

Oh... and one more thing.

July 7th

September 8th

Called it! What a coincidence!

P.S. That big spike is a great illustration of why trailing stops suck.

G'nite sport!

Comment

• Here's my new Paint graph. It shows my study of the correlation between Covid and reading idiotic posts on SN from Cold and the like:

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X