Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Kansas three children are born every day due to Covid-19! [source]

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Get this, because of Biden's idiotic migrant debacle, 476 teenage girl migrants have been shipped to San Diego to stay in the convention center. Of the 476, over 70 have tested positive for Covid, and it has been established that at least half of the 70 + had it prior to being shipped here.

But wait, that's not all, the moronic board of education here has decided that these migrants should not go without in person education (that would be unheard of and immoral right) so they are hiring teachers to teach these migrants IN PERSON!!!!! While, mind you, the US citizen children who are actually part of the school district in San Diego are still only doing virtual learning. Yep that's right, the migrant children are getting preferential treatment because it would be so inhumane to deny them that right but not actual US citizens.

You absolutely could not make this sh!t up! Welcome to Biden's America.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Get this, because of Biden's idiotic migrant debacle, 476 teenage girl migrants have been shipped to San Diego to stay in the convention center. Of the 476, over 70 have tested positive for Covid, and it has been established that at least half of the 70 + had it prior to being shipped here.

But wait, that's not all, the moronic board of education here has decided that these migrants should not go without in person education (that would be unheard of and immoral right) so they are hiring teachers to teach these migrants IN PERSON!!!!! While, mind you, the US citizen children who are actually part of the school district in San Diego are still only doing virtual learning. Yep that's right, the migrant children are getting preferential treatment because it would be so inhumane to deny them that right but not actual US citizens.

You absolutely could not make this sh!t up! Welcome to Biden's America.
        Un-friggin' believable. Wonder what the taxpayer tab on this is. Cost of getting them there, food, new clothing, rent and personnel for the convention center, in house teachers, so on and so forth. Have a feeling there are probably American families that could use this money for food and better shelter, right there in San Diego. Am I right?

Comment

• Faucci the little dictator says there may be a variant of the virus that has absolutely no symptoms whatsoever. I think I may have this

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Faucci the little dictator says there may be a variant of the virus that has absolutely no symptoms whatsoever. I think I may have this
            That is great news if true. Means we would be even closer to herd immunity. The more people who can build immunity without any sort of negative outcomes, the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Faucci the little dictator says there may be a variant of the virus that has absolutely no symptoms whatsoever. I think I may have this
              I know I speak for everyone when I say that diseases with zero symptoms scare the living **** out of me! I mean they can cause.... I mean, they make me feel like.... I mean they can sometimes lead to..... Is death a symptom?

Just do what the government says, dammit!
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Fauci continues to show himself for the weak little attention seeking idiot he truly is. What a numbnuts.

Comment

• I discovered a new disease with zero symptoms. I can prove it's real though, and everyone will get it at some point and die from it. Everyone. Its already claimed billions of lives throught the history of man. Its called life. And its fatal.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I told my wife about a disease with zero symptoms that only had one cure. Either she didn't believe me or she wants me to die, because she won't let me anywhere close to her.
                    Last edited by jdmee; March 31, 2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• I believe the Kansas legislators are meeting today and will overturn Gov Kelly's extended mask mandate. That would mean that as of this afternoon, there is no mask mandate anywhere in the state of Kansas unless your specific county has their own. Sedgwick County has removed their own mandate, so I think for citizens of Sedgwick County, as of today, there will be no mask mandate at any level of government.

Does that sound correct?

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see how many businesses choose to continue requiring masks and how many drop the requirement when this becomes official.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/polit...ble/index.html

Birx shares her chilling conclusion as America arrives at a moment of introspection on the coronavirus

Dr. Deborah Birx, who served as the White House coronavirus response coordinator under the Trump administration, reveals her chilling conclusion in a new CNN documentary that the number of coronavirus deaths could have been "decreased substantially" if cities and states across the country had aggressively applied the lessons of the first surge toward mitigation last spring, potentially preventing the surges that followed.

It is a bracing retrospective from one of the top doctors who was tasked with halting the pandemic, and it comes at a time when many grieving families are still trying to understand how one of the wealthiest and most powerful nations in the world was unable to prevent the loss of nearly 550,000 lives.
                          "I look at it this way. The first time we have an excuse," Birx says. "There were about a hundred thousand deaths that came from that original surge. All of the rest of them, in my mind, could have been mitigated or decreased substantially."

A key study from Columbia University released last year underscored the devastating conclusion that earlier intervention could have saved tens of thousands of lives. Researchers at Columbia built a model to examine transmission rates between March 15 and May 3, 2020 -- and they determined that if the country had shut down two weeks earlier, it could have prevented 84% of deaths at the time.
                          Sound like anybody you know?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/28/polit...all/index.html

Dr. Deborah Birx revealed in a CNN documentary clip released Sunday that she received a "very uncomfortable" and "very difficult" phone call from Donald Trump after speaking publicly about the spread of Covid-19 while serving in the former President's administration.
                          Birx, who had served as the Trump White House's coronavirus response coordinator, said the phone call followed her appearance on CNN in August.

"It was a CNN report in August that got horrible pushback. That was a very difficult time, because everybody in the White House was upset with that interview and the clarity that I brought about the epidemic," Birx told CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta in the documentary "COVID WAR: The Pandemic Doctors Speak Out."

"I got called by the President," Birx continued. "It was very uncomfortable, very direct and very difficult to hear."

Asked by Gupta whether she was threatened during the call, Birx responded, "I would say it was a very uncomfortable conversation.
                          Despicable.

The anecdote from Birx highlights the warring voices behind the scenes as the former administration grappled with how to handle the federal response and messaging surrounding the pandemic. During his time in office, Trump repeatedly contradicted his own medical officials, having long dismissed the gravity of the virus and eschewed practices like social distancing and mask wearing.

In August, Birx warned that the US was "in a new phase" of the coronavirus pandemic with more widespread cases, telling CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union" at the time that "what we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas."

By contrast, Trump in August repeatedly highlighted New Zealand's recent coronavirus outbreak while claiming the US had done a good job of containing the virus. At the time, New Zealand had reported 1,304 confirmed infections and 22 coronavirus-related deaths, while the US had recorded at least 5,527,306 Covid-19 cases and 173,114 related deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

In addition to disclosing the phone call with Trump, Birx revealed in the documentary that the number of coronavirus deaths could have been "decreased substantially" if cities and states across the country had aggressively applied the lessons of the first surge toward mitigation last spring, potentially preventing the surges that followed.
                          https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...a-punch-to-the

Fauci: Trump's call to 'liberate' Virginia, Michigan 'hit me like a punch to the chest'
                          Top infectious diseases expert Anthony Fauci said in an interview that aired Sunday that former President Trump’s call to “liberate” Virginia and Michigan "hit me like a punch to the chest.”

Fauci described his reaction to the former president’s tweets and comments starting in mid-April that called for the reopening of state governments during coronavirus lockdowns for a CNN special report.

“The thing that hit me like a punch to the chest was then all of a sudden he got up and said ‘Liberate Virginia,' 'Liberate Michigan,’ ” Fauci said of Trump. “And I said to myself, ‘Oh my goodness. What is going on here?’ ”

“It shocked me because it was such a jolt to what we were trying to do,” Fauci told CNN’s Sanjay Gupta.
                          Sound like anybody you know?

I mean... I'm used to being spot-on, 100%, with my pandemic guidance and commentary... it's almost boring at this point; but some of the stuff Fauci and Birx are saying makes me look almost prescient. Spooky!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            It'll be interesting to see how many businesses choose to continue requiring masks and how many drop the requirement when this becomes official.
                            Yes. I suspect it will be awhile before the word gets out and business owners are even aware that there is no longer a mandate.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              I mean... I'm used to being spot-on, 100%, with my pandemic guidance and commentary... it's almost boring at this point; but some of the stuff Fauci and Birx are saying makes me look almost prescient. Spooky!
                              Dang you know how to chew up some bandwidth. Spam-quoting like you do stifles conversation. Nobody here reads the text blast and the actual conversation in the thread gets missed.

Comment

• Was down in Oklahoma a couple of weekends ago. Some people wore masks in stores and other public places, and some didn't. No one gave me any hassle for not wearing one. Hell, we went to a wedding and no one got it even though no one was masked.

Looking at real estate down there right now. Half-kidding.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X