Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Not any more than reading you daily litany of conspiracy.

What does Kansas State Politics have to do with COVID? What does the Kansas City Eagle have to do with COVID? What do Democrats have to do with COVID? What does Laura Kelly have to do with COVID? And what does Norman, Oklahome have to do with making public a huge statistical error?

Now Trump, I'm pretty sure HE has something to do with the COVID.

And that's OK, I'm an unabashed Maskhole.
    All of this is a red herring. Why are certain government entities purposefully lying about Covid? That’s the real question.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I'm sorry. I stumbled across this obit from the 1920's and thought the writing was impeccable! I pray my obit to reads half as well.
      So is this sort of like Hamilton Camp's song? Except it's the Omaha World-Herald instead of the Oklahoma City Times? I'll be lucky to get two lines myself. 50 words or less.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What did that nasty thing pelosi say "hey, what's a trillion here or there?" The nerve of that sow. She's gonna choke on her dentures if she's not careful.

Is it just me or do the democrats hate America? They hate our constitution (God ordained), our freedoms, our anthems, our police, our laws. They don't like us voting in person. They hate capitalism, and they damn well H-A-T-E their President. That's why I love it when he sticks it right back to 'em with a peaceful protest!

So if Pelosi says it (pandemic bailout) she's a sow. If Trump says (tax cut) it he's your hero. Misogynist much?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

All of this is a red herring. Why are certain government entities purposefully lying about Covid? That’s the real question.
          Ah.....I see your QAnon decoder ring is working powerfully today! Saludos!

Comment

Ah.....I see your QAnon decoder ring is working powerfully today! Saludos!
            That was a serious question. What do you think?
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I think there is both opportunity for under (and over) reporting.

Counting deaths in a hospice - over reporting. I've heard it was done. I'm not surprised.

Counting unattended COVID deaths at home as 'natural causes' - under reporting. My city is fighting with the state on that right now. Our official count is around 450 now. We also have around 325 unattended deaths that do not have an 'official cause related to COVID' that we are arguing with the state about. Note our coroner does not count an unattended death as a suspected COVID unless someone in their family confirms suspicions that would have otherwise led to a diagnosis. I'm also not surprised at this, either. Note we have been doing some sort of a test post-mortem, but since the patient is already dead, results are at the back of the line and the data trickles in slowly.

Seems like the most important thing would have been to have had a consistent method of counting so that the numbers would at least be defensible. Only with the most perfect of knowledge will you get a completely accurate count.

Lastly, if you run with the fact that our deaths are somewhere around 700, how many are from my city? How many (especially in the hospital, as our hospital system is a regional hospital district) would be from adjacent rural areas and not from the city/county where I live? And if we are counting ANY death in a hospital where I live as attributable to my city (which I doubt) doesn't that mean that outlying rural areas death counts are underreported?

We are dealing with opportunities for distortions, both over and under reporting. Unless you had absolutely nothing to do but to study their classification system and opine on the math, we will never know.

That might be a good (but morbid) master's thesis for a degree in statistics (or data analytics).

You know what might have been a good idea? For the federal government to create guidelines so that the numbers could be measured as accurately as possible. But since the federal government has fumbled the response so badly, I would argue there are much more important things to worry about (like getting sufficient quantities of accurate tests out to hot zones, or making sure we do the best we can at contact tracing, for instance). This is a down-the-line lagging metric that won't prevent people from getting sick and dying.

Comment

I think there is both opportunity for under (and over) reporting.

Counting deaths in a hospice - over reporting. I've heard it was done. I'm not surprised.

Counting unattended COVID deaths at home as 'natural causes' - under reporting. My city is fighting with the state on that right now. Our official count is around 450 now. We also have around 325 unattended deaths that do not have an 'official cause related to COVID' that we are arguing with the state about. Note our coroner does not count an unattended death as a suspected COVID unless someone in their family confirms suspicions that would have otherwise led to a diagnosis. I'm also not surprised at this, either. Note we have been doing some sort of a test post-mortem, but since the patient is already dead, results are at the back of the line and the data trickles in slowly.

Seems like the most important thing would have been to have had a consistent method of counting so that the numbers would at least be defensible. Only with the most perfect of knowledge will you get a completely accurate count.

Lastly, if you run with the fact that our deaths are somewhere around 700, how many are from my city? How many (especially in the hospital, as our hospital system is a regional hospital district) would be from adjacent rural areas and not from the city/county where I live? And if we are counting ANY death in a hospital where I live as attributable to my city (which I doubt) doesn't that mean that outlying rural areas death counts are underreported?

We are dealing with opportunities for distortions, both over and under reporting. Unless you had absolutely nothing to do but to study their classification system and opine on the math, we will never know.

That might be a good (but morbid) master's thesis for a degree in statistics (or data analytics).

You know what might have been a good idea? For the federal government to create guidelines so that the numbers could be measured as accurately as possible. But since the federal government has fumbled the response so badly, I would argue there are much more important things to worry about (like getting sufficient quantities of accurate tests out to hot zones, or making sure we do the best we can at contact tracing, for instance). This is a down-the-line lagging metric that won't prevent people from getting sick and dying.
                You are reiterating errors in the system. I’m wondering why they are purposefully lying. Maybe you didn’t read the article?
                Livin the dream

Comment

You are reiterating errors in the system. I’m wondering why they are purposefully lying. Maybe you didn’t read the article?
                  I don't believe you have sufficient evidence to accuse someone of purposely lying. When you make those kinds of value judgments, and you are relying on information you have not been able to validate, you will be wrong about 100% of the time.

What direct provable evidence do you have that this is a deliberate distortion? I'm talking something that you have, directly seen (not read), were directly involved in. Not relying on someone's POV.

Comment

• Geez, like there are some great masses of rural folks living in solitude that are dying of COVID. You didn't actually theorize that did you revenge_of_shocka_khan ? In terms of % and numbers, basically no one "rural" is dying of COVID. To say that someone in solitude died of it....how in the hell did they get it? You are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts.

You left wing conspiracy theorists have to stop. You're out of control. Just stop.

Comment

I don't believe you have sufficient evidence to accuse someone of purposely lying. When you make those kinds of value judgments, and you are relying on information you have not been able to validate, you will be wrong about 100% of the time.

What direct provable evidence do you have that this is a deliberate distortion? I'm talking something that you have, directly seen (not read), were directly involved in. Not relying on someone's POV.
                      You LITERALLY just did what you (wrongly) accuse wufan of doing. Even you have to be intelligent enough to see that.

Comment

So if Pelosi says it (pandemic bailout) she's a sow. If Trump says (tax cut) it he's your hero. Misogynist much?
                        I'm gonna give you a little credit and guess you can't possibly be that dumb, even though you appear so shocka.

So now your President helping people whose unemployment payments stopped because those Snowflakes would not agree to any extensions unless they had a lot of liberal wish list items included is misogynistic?

Ok, she's not a sow. Spiteful and nasty is more appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Geez, like there are some great masses of rural folks living in solitude that are dying of COVID. You didn't actually theorize that did you revenge_of_shocka_khan ? In terms of % and numbers, basically no one "rural" is dying of COVID. To say that someone in solitude died of it....how in the hell did they get it? You are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts.

You left wing conspiracy theorists have to stop. You're out of control. Just stop.
                          Not in south texas. Please bring facts to your debate next time. We have people coming in from rural areas into our hospital district that are dying. That may not be happening in Kansas, but please at least be open-minded enough to realize it mght be happening somewhere other than Kansas.

And your rhetoric kind of indicates to me that your mind is closed. Not a good thing when you are trying ot have a reasonable conversation with someone, but I guess it would work if you are trying to goad someone into a heated argument.

Comment

Yes, I would like to understand why the governors of Florida and Georgia are purposefully spreading disinformation about Covid, I agree with your question. Heck, they suspended that poor girl in Cherokee County, Georgia for taking pictures inside her high school. Now they have over 200 people on quarantine and still no local mask order. And the guy in Florida wants to open bars AND have school AND no mask orders.

Evidently they are like Jair Bolsonaro and saying it's a little flu (but he seems to have changed his mind). So, that's a valid question and it cuts both ways.

Comment

I'd argue it's closer to true if you said "Why are ALL government entities lying about COVID". We as a country have made this political .. both sides have. Until most Americans can step back and see that and stop pointing fingers to the other side, it's not going to get any better. This also applies to just about anything with politics. Their entire jobs have turned into saying what they think the American public needs to hear to gain their next vote rather than actually telling the truth.

Comment

Not a good thing when you are trying ot have a reasonable conversation with someone, but I guess it would work if you are trying to goad someone into a heated argument.

... So says the idiot who believes he is qualified to judge people's character. You ain't 1/2 Showflake, you're all the way in.

That kind is worse than a fool, as you clearly illustrate.

#AnchorsAweigh

Comment

Working...
                                X