Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Man, Con is so triggered right now and I love it!!! He is exactly what the left wants in their sheep base.
    So are you going to move to TJ after the election? If you do, make sure you sneak your guns in.....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That article mostly addresses global concerns, like getting the vaccine from the US to remote areas of the world.

Do you really think that's an issue for us in the US? Or that if needed, every airline in the US would gladly do what is needed, if Trump didn't have our great military come to the rescue?

You're reaching, and you're not finding anything.

TDS is treatable. You should go see your sister and get some help, or perhaps if your body guards aren't occupied, you could have your international business conglomerates come to your rescue.
      I appreciate your sense of humor, but if we can't keep grocery stores supplied with butt-wipes, paper towels, beef and pork and disinfecting wipes, what makes you think they can immediately get 330 million doses of vaccine to docs? Or even the National Guard (which we used during the polio epidemic)?

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I appreciate your sense of humor, but if we can't keep grocery stores supplied with butt-wipes, paper towels, beef and pork and disinfecting wipes, what makes you think they can immediately get 330 million doses of vaccine to docs? Or even the National Guard (which we used during the polio epidemic)?
        Why on Earth would we need 330 million doses of vaccine?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Well Mr. SuperSpreader has increased his tally.....now they are saying 4 journalists. That makes 12.

Truly a great job, but Trump always does a great job, doesn't he. My only comment is I'd like to see the numbers go even higher, in order to show all his fans how he really does things right.

If I had to choose, I'd choose a few more congresscritters. Perhaps a few from the house (since we alrready have 3 senators) or perhaps even a couple more senators. But who? LIndsey Graham? Mitch? Rick Scott? So many choices, so little time!

I also think his game is a little weak when he exposed the Secret Service agents during his private personal parade yesterday. He should have had a couple of those guys on the list above in the car with him. Then it would have been truly spectacular!
          Trump is infecting BIGLY!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

U realize we are all going to get it at some point. Once it got loose from China it always been about keeping the number of cases to a manageable level and not swamping the hospitals, it has never been about stopping it spread.
            Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And that's what all these "experts" on this forum don't get. It's a virus. It can't be contained. And yes, whatever happened to "bending the curve"? I thought that was the ultimate goal? And now that's completely in the rearview mirror. All of this running and hiding for a vaccine that, if it performs as well as the flu vaccine" will be around 50% effective. But is that 100%? Nope. Will people still die after the vaccine is implemented? Yes. Each individual can decide how to best handle the situation based on their own risk assessments and beliefs. But telling the whole country what to do as a whole? Did we manage to survive the 1918 Spanish Flu without a lockdown? What about the 1968 Hong Kong Flu? It's biology. Yes, do what you can to stop it but you aren't going to eradicate a virus. So unless the plan is to mask it and social distance it for the rest of our lives, then what's the point?
            There were many goals with Coronavirus as it relates to America. First and foremost was to bend the curve so as not to overload healthcare. Had we not achieved that goal we would have been looking at millions lost due to cascade failure. But the lockdowns, the social distancing, and face masks were never JUST about bending the curve, they were about saving American lives in the broadest sense. Stop the spread, bend the curve, put out the hot spots, and hopefully buy us time until a vaccine is out and/or therapeutics have reached maximum effect and broad distribution.

Scientists don't make assumptions (unless they plan to test them in controlled experiments). You certainly don't make assumptions about public health when designing a comprehensive strategy. You stick to the science and let the data lead you. America by and large followed the science, but there was conflict at the highest levels for political and ego purposes. Trump attempted to play President Christ telling everybody that it's going to magically disappear and we'll all be back in church by Easter Sunday. He also poo poo'd the idea of wearing a mask simultaneously contributing to the death of thousands.

NEVER was it the goal for everyone to get infected. Will everyone get infected eventually? Sadly, quite possibly. But that should take years. But let me ask you this: Would you have rather gotten Covid back in March or now? Exactly... the longer we drag it out, the better we will be prepared to handle sick patients. Time is our friend.

Quite a few years ago I had the opportunity to work hands-on during an infectious disease scenario with a fairly decent sized population. No, I wasn't in West Africa fighting Ebola with the W.H.O., don't get excited. But my experience was just as educating. I saw how the facility became infected, was totally "sanitized", and miraculously the infection restarted again throughout a healthy population. The feeling was that it was inevitable; that there was nothing a person could do to prevent a highly infectious virus from prevailing. Now, take Dr. Fauci who's seen it all... he says the most frightening thing about this virus is its transmissibility. If you can unplug your brain from DJT's arse for a moment, that should give you great pause.

I've said it before and I will say it again: Had we locked down hard (China hard) for 3-4 weeks and then had EXCELLENT contact tracing, field teams, and unified mask wearance in this country, we could be mostly back to normal by now. Yes, the virus would still be out there, but it would be manageable. What we have now is not manageable and the failure lies firmly on the shoulders of our big-mouthed president.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

TDS is a far greater threat, and you are example #1.

Masks work, so why 4 journalists? We all know they're masked up like nobody's business.

You, sir, have been exposed. Time to retire RoSK.
              My friend, I was prepared to announce I had been infected with TDS over a month ago when I turned on our flawed president, then I looked up the definition...

Trump derangement syndrome is a pejorative term for criticism or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration.
              After reading that I realized I did not have TDS and that I just had become convinced of Trump's fatal flaws and could no longer support him because of it. I cannot speak for ROSK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                It's a shame the states took an approach -- and continue to take an approach -- that requires a vaccine for stability. It was and is unnecessary. Hind sight is 20/20, so the states get a pass for what has been done, but going forward they no longer get a pass. Open it up. Advise us. Let the kids through middle age adults get the immunity required to shut this thing down.
                What do you mean by open up? Take the masks off? Do you know the cost in lives and quality of life that will occur when 90% of the uninfected population suddenly gets exposed? Do you not think we could still overwhelm the healthcare system if 90% of the population starts to mingle unprotected?

I sure hope we get plenty of warning if this strategy ever does unfold as I'll be putting every cent I own into portable oxygen concentrator manufacturer stock.

P.S. You can't separate middle-aged from aged. You can't even separate youth from aged. We talked about this before. The youth are who work in nursing homes.

Comment

So are you going to move to TJ after the election? If you do, make sure you sneak your guns in.....
                  Why would I? Trump will win. Are you and the lefties prepared to make good on the promises to move to Canada? I didn't see too many doing it and they are likely better off financially because of Trump for not doing it.

Can't wait to see all the leftie heads blow up again on election day.

Comment

• LOl!! This is hilarious. Even though it is satire, it is 100% spot on. Trump should just put a BLM sticker on his car when he goes around to thank his supporters. Then he wouldn't get criticized for doing it because we all know those rallies don't spread the virus.

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In what's being hailed as a 14-dimensional Go move, President Trump added a Black Lives Matter decal to his SUV so he can take as many trips outside the hospital as he wants, and the media won't be able to claim he's spreading COVID.

Comment

If this vaccine will be produced in 'best shore' locations, you will need to worry. And I would not rule out issues in our own supply chain.

We've had shortages. This will be a huge flex and will tax the distribution system. Not only that, how quick do you think you will be able to get in to see your doc (unless you self-administer and I don't know how you will get your hands on the vaccine), there will be delays.

I expect that front-line people and those with extreme medical conditions will go first. I'm OK with that. I'm expecting they will get their meds late 1q to early 2q 2021.
                      I actually think it will be close to the timeline you are presenting. Q2 2021, but I don’t think it will be supply chain related, I think it will be efficacy/regulations related.

It will certainly tax the supply chains, but we will overcome with ease. There are currently supply chain issues, but it’s because the focus is on Covid therapeutics; therefore other things are suffering. The biggest issue (it the drug is safe and effective) is that if one of the cryogenic drugs comes out on top and has to be stored at -80 or -20 C. The POU distributors will have a limited storage capacity.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Totally different scenario. There was an unexpected market shortage that took the factories a couple of weeks to catch up. Once these get going, it will take a couple of weeks to a month to get stable supply which can be delivered. The Pfizer facility has the capability to make 10 million doses a week. They’ve already started production and should have 250 million doses ready before its approved.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Totally different scenario. There was an unexpected market shortage that took the factories a couple of weeks to catch up. Once these get going, it will take a couple of weeks to a month to get stable supply which can be delivered. The Pfizer facility has the capability to make 10 million doses a week. They’ve already started production and should have 250 million doses ready before its approved.
                          Don't try to explain simple economics to Con. He will never be able to understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

no, it's really not.

With two indigenous vaccine already in the work and an agreement for development of Oxford’s candidate, India is now eyeing to get the global pharma giant Pfizer on board for its COVID-19 vaccine candidate manufacturing in the country.

So India will make the Oxford vaccine, Phizer seems to have avoided at least some of that, with the article stating there are 5 factories in Germany and the U.S., but they are also negotiating with India.

That would tell me that you are putting all your eggs in one basket. If your basket doesn't get a hole in it, you look good. Otherwise we will certainly have an international supply chain involved, which will include all of the logistical risks that go with it.

Based on the medical advice you're pushing on here, I wouldn't put much stock in your approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

What do you mean by open up? Take the masks off? Do you know the cost in lives and quality of life that will occur when 90% of the uninfected population suddenly gets exposed? Do you not think we could still overwhelm the healthcare system if 90% of the population starts to mingle unprotected?

I sure hope we get plenty of warning if this strategy ever does unfold as I'll be putting every cent I own into portable oxygen concentrator manufacturer stock.

P.S. You can't separate middle-aged from aged. You can't even separate youth from aged. We talked about this before. The youth are who work in nursing homes.
                              I am laughing my @$$ off at some of these right-to-lifers, to them, all babies have a right-to-life, but not Grampa and Gramma. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Do all lives matter or are some worth more than others? WWJD? Kill Gramma and Grampa off?

This shows you that all this abortion hype is really a bunch of unadulterated B.S. The girls are right, they really want to regulate women's bodies. Otherwise all lives would matter.

Comment

• I am laughing my @$$ off at some of these pro-choicers, to them, people have a choice on what to do to their bodies ..... Nope it is just as stupid of an argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X