Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    I miss debating about basketball.
    JB was a good PG! I don’t give a damn what ShockerFever says.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Yes, there are risk factors that affect minorities irrespective of socio-economic status. Remember Ogirri's cholesterol? But by and large poverty and sickness are correlated. It's clear that Covid hits the minorities (and poor) harder. It became clear right around the same time Trump started pushing to reopen. This is not a narrative, this is a fact.
      But why the minorities?
      Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.axios.com/florida-lifts-...58a02e33f.html

We're heading into what could be the biggest spike of sickness and death of 2020 and Florida is opening up 100%. Can anybody provide reasoning for this?

How will a doubling, tripling, quadrupling, of the daily deaths help Trump win Florida?
        I can’t tell what’s going on there. If only there was some sort of line?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Geez, I thought you were a lawyer, but you have your case law wrong.....am I wrong?

https://schoollaw.pullcomblog.com/ar...school-events/

Look at the bottom of the provided link, this was a Federal Appeals Court decision.

The Court found that a school principal has the authority and responsibility for assuring that “parents and third parties conduct themselves appropriately on school property” and that school officials have a responsibility to prevent “the kind of boisterous and threatening conduct that would interrupt the peace and quiet and disturb the tranquility required for the academic aspects of a school’s function.” The Court thus found that a parent does not have a general and unlimited First Amendment right to access school property and that schools may ban unruly parents from the school property during the school day. The Court thus found that a school district can properly ban people, including parents, from school property during the school day in order to maintain order at the school.

The ban in this case also extended to all school events, except for attendance at school graduation. The Court, however, found that sporting events were different than all other school functions and that a ban of the parent from attending sporting events to which the public was invited could run afoul of the First Amendment depending on whether the ban was reasonable and/or whether it was based on the parent’s expressed viewpoints.

In distinguishing sporting events from the regular school day, the Court noted that sporting events were open to the public and that they were events in which “the audience is encouraged not to be quiet but instead to engage in raucous and sustained noise.” The Court further opined that people attending the games were “expected to engage in expressive activity, chanting and cheering for whichever team they favor.” The Court, therefore, found that “[p]eace, quiet, and tranquility are not characteristics of, or normally associated with, sports contests.” The Court thus found that such sporting events were limited public forums, and therefore, a school can only regulate access to sporting events if the restrictions are reasonable and viewpoint neutral. Based on the facts as alleged by the parent, the Court found there was sufficient evidence to send the case to trial on that issue.

Of course, this is all speculation, but you are thinking she got thrown out due to refusing to wear a mask (which could be construed as reasonable) or because she got beligerent with an authority figure (again, this could be construed as reasonable conduct.).
          I think the key thing we’ve learned is that if the cops are enforcing the law we like, then the criminals should pay. If they enforce a law we don’t like, then it is brutality. We are all a little bit totalitarian.

Except for the Libertarians. They’re all pussy’s.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• 2 down, 48 to go.

Comment

We're heading into what could be the biggest spike of sickness and death of 2020 and Florida is opening up 100%. Can anybody provide reasoning for this?

How will a doubling, tripling, quadrupling, of the daily deaths help Trump win Florida?
              If you draw a crayon line along the valleys it clearly shows a rapid descending trend. :)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Heading into the biggest spike of the sickness?

What? Huh?

Do you just post every fart nugget that pops up in your head ?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

JB was a good PG! I don’t give a damn what ShockerFever says.
                  Let's save our disagreements for the other forum lol
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I can’t tell what’s going on there. If only there was some sort of line?
                    A trendline would not be helpful here. There is no clear developing trend as before. The death rate is "confused". I would suspect we are seeing the effects of a little manipulation in reporting as the "valleys" (or the weekends) are disproportionate to the weekdays compared to what we saw previously. I could be generous and call it reporting fatigue.

Comment

• Ah, when the trend line isn't going the way you want it, then the data is "confused".
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A trendline would not be helpful here. There is no clear developing trend as before. The death rate is "confused". I would suspect we are seeing the effects of a little manipulation in reporting as the "valleys" (or the weekends) are disproportionate to the weekdays compared to what we saw previously. I could be generous and call it reporting fatigue.
                        That’s why you use the seven day average. It becomes clear when you use math.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Cold is just a pot stirrer to keep up conversation and site traffic. Respond to him if you must but he is here to argue and argue only, even if he doesn’t believe the point he is arguing for. He sees it as a weird sense of duty. Think Planeshocker/DanielBryan/DOFO but trying to have a dark alter ego. Covid is Colds drought. It’s not worth getting all twisted up about.

Now that I’m thinking about it, has anyone seen DOFO since Cold came back?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Just for a little levity.
                            FB_IMG_1601310095778.jpg
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Anyone who takes Cold seriously in anything that he says is as big of an idiot as he pretends he is. He gets his rocks off spinning people up. It’s literally everything he has ever posted anywhere. He prides himself on being something people can react to. Look no further than his comments about CSNbbs. He prides himself at being able to keep a board hopping during slow times. When it was unpopular in SN world to like Trump, he loved Trump. Now that people are rallying around Trump, he taps into the polarity of the Coronavirus and chooses a decisive side that opposes Trump because it keeps conversation going. Cold just talks himself in circles, not caring if he contradicts himself, because it’s so ludicrous people can’t help but respond. Engage if you must but understand he will always have an argument with someone.
                              Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Cold is just a pot stirrer to keep up conversation and site traffic. Respond to him if you must but he is here to argue and argue only, even if he doesn’t believe the point he is arguing for. He sees it as a weird sense of duty. Think Planeshocker/DanielBryan/DOFO but trying to have a dark alter ego. Covid is Colds drought. It’s not worth getting all twisted up about.

Now that I’m thinking about it, has anyone seen DOFO since Cold came back?
                              I sense the start of a campaign.

Comment

• Finally some real scientific thinking:

EXCLUSIVE: Special Adviser to President Trump Dr. Scott Atlas fired back at criticisms leveled against him and his role on the Coronavirus Task Force on Monday, defending his record and expertise while maintaining that his advice to the president is based on the current science.

“There has been a repeated, erratic discussion coming from public health officials, and that is harmful and that includes statements, first saying masks should not be used, and then masks should be used,” Atlas said, referring to comments made by Redfield and Dr. Anthony Fauci in the past. “Statements that a mask is better than a vaccine, statements that people should wear goggles with masks, statements that everyone is vulnerable unless they test positive for antibodies.”
                                “My goal here, as is the president’s, is to save American lives,” Atlas said. “That is what I am here.”

He added: “Erratic, ill-informed statements by public health officials are heinous and are extremely harmful because they instill fear and discourage high-risk individuals from the appropriate behavior, like taking the vaccine.”
                                “The administration’s response has been rapid, and has included a massive resource production allocation, an unprecedented development of drugs and vaccines, and has outperformed Europe on the basis of access mortality rate, the most important comparative statistic, despite being blindsided by China, and having a population with more comorbidities than our peer nations,” Atlas said.

Comment

Working...
                                X