Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    Yeah. She doesn't have a high road. Not wearing a mask isn't a taseable offense, but agree with it or not the cop has a job to do and the number one rule should be don't be a dbag when they try to do it.
    Agreed. I am not sure why wearing masks has become the hill chosen to fight on. If this is the worst of the 'liberties' being seized, then we as adults should be able to accommodate that in the short term.

But even at that, if the facility had a mask policy and it wasn't being followed, then they have a right to ask her to leave and if she doesn't, well... Most places reserve the right to ask you to leave for any reason they choose.

The asthma thing, if that's the case, and it was calmly explained to the officer or administration and they disregarded it, then that may be another issue.

But I'm tired of behavior like this on all sides when someone doesn't agree with any said policy, they get to be a douche. If you are asked to leave, leave. ***** and moan all you want, but seriously, where have you ever gotten to think that you are going to win the argument against a cop? Did you think he was just going to walk away because you tell them no to their request?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Yes, I posted the video, but didn't offer an opinion... I did say "Masks Matter", but the video doesn't show me enough to offer a strong opinion either way. I didn't like the use of her strong language to the police/security officer, but it did appear she was 'safely' social distancing with her mom and family. I have a close relative who was in an abusive marriage and refuses to wear a mask; wearing a mask causes her extreme anxiety and terrible flashbacks. Again, I'm not sure there's enough shown in the video for me to offer a strong opinion on the incident, but tasing the women seemed unnecessary... especially in front of what appeared to be her mom and son. She might have refused to wear a mask, but I don't think she should be treated like a criminal.

I don't know what the school put out as their rules, and they may have painted themselves in a corner where they had to do something or many others (including other kids who go to school everyday) would not obey their rules. It does appear that she socially distanced and the school should have had in their rules that if people social distance, they are ok. However, when the police are called, and a patron isn't obeying what they ask, the only option for police is to say "OK, then go ahead and don't do what I ask if you want because you don't have to". And then the police could leave. Where would the school and community be then? Who cares if school events are orderly? Usually the public does, and the school administration, and school board will pay the price in the long term.

I have heard of some Kansas schools only allowing parents and siblings from the home into games along with social distancing. No grandparents, uncles, aunts, or other community members, and no masks. That wasn't a popular rule either.

Some of this is a "no win" situation, but the police need to be listened to before a taser is necessary imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Looks like the mother was social distancing...

Masks Matter

What's funny about this propagandist video is there's an entire section of footage missing between the time the officer approached the law breaker and when the **** hits the fan. As evidenced by her incredibly immature hissy fit, she likely told the officer to **** off for a period of time before he shut the **** show down. Good on him!

She broke the law and resisted arrest. I'm glad she was tased, but wish he would have held it on her longer. After 5 seconds she would have likely voided her bladder and been much more compliant.

Personally I'm giggling that this selfish miscreant was dealt with corporally.

Comply, don't die.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Agreed. I am not sure why wearing masks has become the hill chosen to fight on. If this is the worst of the 'liberties' being seized, then we as adults should be able to accommodate that in the short term.

But even at that, if the facility had a mask policy and it wasn't being followed, then they have a right to ask her to leave and if she doesn't, well... Most places reserve the right to ask you to leave for any reason they choose.

The asthma thing, if that's the case, and it was calmly explained to the officer or administration and they disregarded it, then that may be another issue.

But I'm tired of behavior like this on all sides when someone doesn't agree with any said policy, they get to be a douche. If you are asked to leave, leave. ***** and moan all you want, but seriously, where have you ever gotten to think that you are going to win the argument against a cop? Did you think he was just going to walk away because you tell them no to their request?
          As a wise man once said, you can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

Whether you agree or not, you follow the officer's instructions, otherwise you will get "the ride".

I would think that would kind of ruin anyone's day.

Thanks for your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Not to throw too big of a log on this shitshow, but am I the only one that saw the NY Post article describing a mutation in covid 19 that is defeating hand washing and masks? Non peer reviewed, but if credible...
            https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....d-washing/amp/
            The new mutation which has become the dominant strain in America is old news. It is more infectious which could also mean more deadly, but not on a case-by-case basis. If it causes viral loads to be higher, it's going to have a greater chance of getting through a loosely fit mask. We can't defend ourselves against mutations, we can only socially distance, wear our masks, and limit our exposure to others in confined spaces. Then we hope for the best and wait for the vaccine.

P.S. Perhaps there IS one way we can defend against mutations: DON'T GET INFECTED! Because mutations cannot occur without additional infected hosts. It all comes back to social distancing and wearing masks when indoors.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

What's funny about this propagandist video is there's an entire section of footage missing between the time the officer approached the law breaker and when the **** hits the fan. As evidenced by her incredibly immature hissy fit, she likely told the officer to **** off for a period of time before he shut the **** show down. Good on him!

She broke the law and resisted arrest. I'm glad she was tased, but wish he would have held it on her longer. After 5 seconds she would have likely voided her bladder and been much more compliant.

Personally I'm giggling that this selfish miscreant was dealt with corporally.

Comply, don't die.
              This hypocrite, overall likes what CB, the Christian Hater says in this situation. Obey the authorities.

However, nothing about this video is funny. This lady, absolutely, could have some of the mental difficulties that WState U mentioned above and tasing should be used as a last resort.

Comment

• I miss debating about basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This hypocrite, overall likes what CB, the Christian Hater says in this situation. Obey the authorities.

However, nothing about this video is funny. This lady, absolutely, could have some of the mental difficulties that WState U mentioned above and tasing should be used as a last resort.
                  He used the taser because her mother never used the paddle.

You would prefer he unholstered his sidearm?

The edited portion of the video where the officer attempted to reason with the little brat before using other means of eliciting cooperation will forever go unseen I suspect.

And I'm calling B.S. on the asthma card. The vast majority of the public can have an asthmatic reaction given enough pollutants, stress, exertion, cold, and/or allergens. This little princess seemed to have more than sufficient airflow to fight with an officer who was twice her size and scream at volume 11 while doing so. She wouldn't have been bothered by wearing a cloth mask.

In point of fact, wearing a mask should actually help to relieve asthma sufferers (particularly allergy-induced). I would ask to see her rescue inhaler. If she "left it at home" she puts on a mask or leaves the premises. Someone with that level of chronic asthma really shouldn't be out in public during a pandemic anyways.

P.S. Those of you with asthma consider breathing more through your nose. Asthma and mouth-breathing are interrelated in many cases. Your nose has many more functions than merely to smell the roses.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    I miss debating about basketball.
                    That may be the only good thing about the pandemic... is it distracted us from having to digest the train wreck that is the current state of our basketball program. I'll take a 0-0 season over the alternative...

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Not to throw too big of a log on this shitshow, but am I the only one that saw the NY Post article describing a mutation in covid 19 that is defeating hand washing and masks? Non peer reviewed, but if credible...
                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....d-washing/amp/
                      Wow! Just saw this article posted...

A new COVID-19 mutation appears to be even more contagious, according to a study — and experts say it could be a response by the virus to defeat masks and other social-distancing efforts.

Coronavirus mutation emerges that may bypass mask-wearing, hand-washing protections
                      Therefore...

Jesus, these propagandists are insufferable.

Wear. The. ****ing. Mask.

Comment

• To respond to an article, Cold has posted the exact same article, from the exact same author, but on a different site. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          To respond to an article, Cold has posted the exact same article, from the exact same author, but on a different site. Wow.
                          The point of the 2nd post was obviously to draw attention to the article title. It is a dog whistle to Covidiots everywhere. Sent from upon high to be disseminated throughout the hive mind - just like the 6% Covid deaths propaganda a few weeks ago. Sometimes I wonder if the Trump Administration wants people to die. Considering the fact that minorities and poor die at 3x the rate of whites and upper-middle class, you'd think the Libs would have jumped all over this by now.

Comment

• Cold are you saying that Covid kills minorities and poor at a greater rate, separate than other health concerns? Or do most health problems affect minorities and poor worse than the wealthier?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Cold are you saying that Covid kills minorities and poor at a greater rate, separate than other health concerns? Or do most health problems affect minorities and poor worse than the wealthier?
                              Yes, there are risk factors that affect minorities irrespective of socio-economic status. Remember Ogirri's cholesterol? But by and large poverty and sickness are correlated. It's clear that Covid hits the minorities (and poor) harder. It became clear right around the same time Trump started pushing to reopen. This is not a narrative, this is a fact.

Comment

• Florida fully lifts coronavirus restrictions on restaurants

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced Friday the state will completely reopen its economy, allowing restaurants to operate at full capacity and barring localities from ordering businesses to close.

Why it matters: The state became one of the world's epicenters for the virus in July, forcing DeSantis to pause its first round of reopening.
                                • The state now enters Phase 3 of its reopening, lifting the vast majority of any remaining restrictions on gyms, bars and retail spaces. These spaces had already been operating at or near full capacity under previous phases of Florida's reopening.
                                • Cities and counties would be forced to justify any localized restrictions that bring capacity below 100%.
                                • "We’re not closing anything going forward," DeSantis said at a press conference.
                                We're heading into what could be the biggest spike of sickness and death of 2020 and Florida is opening up 100%. Can anybody provide reasoning for this?

How will a doubling, tripling, quadrupling, of the daily deaths help Trump win Florida?

Comment

Working...
                                X