Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Easing guidelines at this point in time, with the worst part of the year just about to start, and with a vaccine only a few months away, is perhaps the most irrational gamble of human lives I have ever seen. What's the payoff?

Comment

• JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican who has steadfastly refused to require residents to wear masks, tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said Wednesday.

Missouri governor, opponent of mandatory masks, has COVID-19

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican who has steadfastly refused to require residents to wear masks, tested positive for the coronavirus, his office said Wednesday.

Parson was tested after his wife, Teresa, tested positive earlier in the day. Teresa Parson had experienced mild symptoms, including a cough and nasal congestion, spokeswoman Kelli Jones said. She took a rapid test that came back positive and a nasal swab test later confirmed the finding. The governor’s rapid test showed he tested positive and he is still awaiting results from the swab test.
      Good to see Karma still making her rounds. I wonder how many good people Governor Parson infected as he traveled all throughout the state last week. Brilliant work dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Wow!!! This is truly mind blowing. How can a major city have such a massive cover up and blatant lying campaign to keep the public from really knowing this? Unacceptable. I hope they get the pants sued off of them and they all get fired. This is just another example of people suppressing the true nature of this virus and its true impact to fit a political narrative that they want regardless of the negative impact it is having on peoples lives. This is absolutely shameful and yet another reason people continue to question and push back on all of these "mandates". When people can't trust the data and the people in charge, they will question the methods and be less likely to follow any protocols. If you want people to comply, then be upfront and honest with ALL of the data, not just that that fits their own narrative. I am way less likely to believe any of these dumba$$es in charge with every day that goes by. I suspect any other country who is coming out of this better than the US is likely because their citizens believe in the people in charge and trust them. Not the case here.
        This whole Nashville thing is clearly fake news. If you don't believe me, look at Tennessee's congress critters and identify the liberal (other than Cohen and Cooper who owe their political careers to gerrymandering). And Senators, Governor as well.

The last politically impactful democrat from Tennessee was Al Gore and he's been retired for aobut 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

This whole Nashville thing is clearly fake news. If you don't believe me, look at Tennessee's congress critters and identify the liberal (other than Cohen and Cooper who owe their political careers to gerrymandering). And Senators, Governor as well.

The last politically impactful democrat from Tennessee was Al Gore and he's been retired for aobut 20 years.
          How can it be fake news when the effing emails are right there in plain site??

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It was predicted that we would have a temporary retracement in September with Oct.-Dec. turning into our worst outbreak yet with the insidious, alien virus. I'm not 100% on board with the doomsday scenario, but these guys have been fairly accurate so far, and we certainly have an ample baseline of infections. It's also starting to pick up steam in Europe. They've been a harbinger for what's to come in America thus far. Let's hope everybody keeps wearing those masks and staying out of the restaurants and bars. We gotta hold on until the vaccine starts getting distributed. The minute the American public starts letting down their guard is the minute this virus will show us all what time it is.

PLEASE. BE. CAREFUL.
            It was predicted we would have 2-6 million deaths from coronavirus this year.
            Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/you-...e-hearing.html

Not totally alone. Rand has Kung by his side. :P

P.S. Rand Paul is a dangerous Covidiot to put it mildly.
              Come again?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Come again?
                You and Rand are hardcore herd immunity at 20% acolytes.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It was predicted we would have 2-6 million deaths from coronavirus this year.
                  Not True!

That was the potential death total (I had as high as 7M) if we had a full on outbreak (think NYC everywhere) with the accompanying cascade failure of our healthcare system. We averted the worst outcome due to various mitigation efforts across the land.

We aren't outta the woods yet. Our infection baseline is setting us up for a very precarious start of the flu season. I have no idea what is going to happen. We could either start to see 2-3k daily deaths or it could continue to stabilize. The modelers say we are going to enter a **** storm.

Comment

• Today I visited 6 places of business including 2 healthcare offices. I am happy to say I never saw a person without a mask (except for a gal in the lawn and garden center who was outdoors). When she saw me coming and I made eye contact, she immediately pulled the mask up.

It absolutely warms my heart to see all the citizens of Wichita dutifully protect themselves and their fellow citizenry. I actually have this huge smile on my face (under the mask) when I walk around thinking about it. I imagine this massive shield made up of hundreds of thousands of masked strangers working in unison to defeat this insidious, alien, hidden enemy.

THIS is why our positivity rate is dropping in the Wichita area.

Keep it up!!!

Comment

You and Rand are hardcore herd immunity at 20% acolytes.
                      There is no single herd immunity percentage.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Brit Hume
                        “Given that 85% of deaths have oc­curred in the 15% of the pop­u­la­tion above 65, the mor­tal­ity rate would drop dra­mat­i­cally if high-risk groups such as se­niors are vac­ci­nated, even if the over­all vac­ci­na­tion rate is low.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Brit Hume
                          “Given that 85% of deaths have oc­curred in the 15% of the pop­u­la­tion above 65, the mor­tal­ity rate would drop dra­mat­i­cally if high-risk groups such as se­niors are vac­ci­nated, even if the over­all vac­ci­na­tion rate is low.”
                          That's correct. IF the majority of the population over 65 was vaccinated, and IF the vaccine is robust (70%-80% immunological response or higher), the mortality rate would drop dramatically.

BUT, death is not the only bad Covid-19 outcome. There would still be 100's of thousands of (unvaccinated) infectees that will suffer with long-lasting symptoms.

The best guidance at this time is to NOT get infected and help stop the spread. Nobody knows who's going to have a bad outcome. Nobody knows the permanency of said bad outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Backwards IMO. Facemasks should go first, then social distancing. But a step in the right direction.
                            These guys are such idiots. They evidently don't even know their own policies. You social distance first, if you can't social distance then you have to wear a face mask.

Comment

• Looks like the mother was social distancing...

Masks Matter

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Looks like the mother was social distancing...

Masks Matter

Follow the law. Have respect for others.

I know you're a conservative, do you believe in law and order or do you pick and choose?

Not only that, this whole thing started when she was asked to leave (yes, because she would not wear a mask) and got disorderly. Seems like she should have not been fighting 'the guy in blue'.

Don't blue lives matter? I think they should.

Comment

Working...
                                X