Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Full Disclosure: I really wanted to list Fever's competence on the issue lower.
    Only in your own head would anyone consider you an “expert” on anything. Judging by this last year, and 20 years worth of message board posting, it’s quite obvious you’re nothing but a fear mongering, attention seeking reaction generator. That’s it.

You’re also a puppet for the media and a denier. A denier of what? Of being a libtard which is a term you like to throw out a lot to pull people off your tracks. Again I don’t care if you’re a libtard. But the flat out denying of it is just plain weird. It’s like you’re embarrassed about it or something.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill owner Baret Lepejian explains why he’s keeping his restaurant open and defying the city of Burbank.

California restaurant ignores coronavirus restrictions, gets power cut

“I just decided, ‘You know what, I'm not going to deal with this anymore,’” the owner of Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill Baret Lepejian said on FOX Business' “Varney and Co.” “This is nonsense. They're making things up as they're going along.”

Lepejian said on Saturday his power got cut after a Los Angeles County judge, one day earlier, authorized the City of Burbank to cut off the restaurant’s electricity for defying a court order issued earlier in the week.
      The city said that the court did not provide permission to padlock the restaurant’s doors but "continues to reserve such a remedy as a last resort."

The city says it will return to court for further orders and enforcement if Tinhorn Flats still refuses to close.
      What a novel, intelligent, and non-violent way to deal with a selfish Covidiot. Bravo!

This tactic has got me thinking... what a great solution to the problem they had in Portland.

1) Cut all utilities to the 'occupied area'
      2) Barricade the borders allowing nobody to enter or reenter after leaving.

Without supplies or power and a dwindling population, the issue would solve itself without any violence whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Only in your own head would anyone consider you an “expert” on anything. Judging by this last year, and 20 years worth of message board posting, it’s quite obvious you’re nothing but a fear mongering, attention seeking reaction generator. That’s it.

You’re also a puppet for the media and a denier. A denier of what? Of being a libtard which is a term you like to throw out a lot to pull people off your tracks. Again I don’t care if you’re a libtard. But the flat out denying of it is just plain weird. It’s like you’re embarrassed about it or something.
        LoL! In the context of this forum, I absolutely am the expert on the issue - and it isn't even close. I've invited (begged?) you on several occasions to scour through my posts looking for a "winner". You shant find any which is why you persist on chirping instead.

Such a weird combination of belligerency, ignorance, fear.

Tribal boundary fear, vaccine fear, ScRaTcHy ThRoAt fear...

Comment

• In new guidance that was updated on Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said children as young as two years old should wear masks at all times -- except while eating and napping -- and that will stay in place even after all teachers and staff are vaccinated.

you gotta be shi!!in me

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            C’mon man!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              That was obviously thought up by someone who doesn't have or has never had a two year old. Total stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That was obviously thought up by someone who doesn't have or has never had a two year old. Total stupidity.
                Agree, one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Gotta love Cold praising authoritarianism. I mean, who needs liberty in this country?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• A quick question for one of our smart posters, and that excludes you Cold; since Texas has dropped the mask mandate, which is not the same as outlawing masks (feel free to wear one), why are their case numbers going down, and not up?

And just what has the CDC declared about possible infection rates at public schools? What has the science deemed?

I'll check back later (like, really later)...

Comment

• Something I learned a long time ago: You don’t treat viruses. Viruses run their course. Now, you do treat symptoms, make it less painful and less dangerous. Your most effective treatment (by far) is immunity through infection or vaccination.

In the last 20 years, there have been some breakthroughs in anti-virals, so my opinion might not be worth anything.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Gotta love Cold praising authoritarianism. I mean, who needs liberty in this country?
                        Don't make me hurt you Subby.

I'm a fan of all kinds of regulations that promote an orderly and safe society. Would you believe that it used to be legal in America to settle a dispute in the street via shootout? Other prior LiBeRtiEs that have been revoked: Cocaine and meth use, drunk driving, marital rape, child labor/abuse, forced castrations, lobotomies, slavery, murder, etc.

I'm also a big fan of conscientious and personally responsible behavior. A once in a lifetime pandemic requires a considerable amount of both.

Mask mandates, enforced quarantines, contact tracing, and indiscriminate testing is a reasonable governance action in the face of potentially millions of deaths and trillions of economic instability. In fact, a government foregoing the aforementioned measures is derelict IMO (which should be abundantly clear by this point to all with eyes to see and ears to hear). Covid-19 had to be looked at as a national security threat comparable to a foreign invasion at the onset w/ potential civil uprisings, wanton violence, healthcare system collapse, and the resulting massive death, homelessness, and starvation to follow. People really don't understand how precarious an orderly civilization is. It only takes a spark in the right situation to have a huge mess on your hands.

Comment

• Getting my first shot tonight. I will let everybody know if I start growing a tail.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            A quick question for one of our smart posters, and that excludes you Cold; since Texas has dropped the mask mandate, which is not the same as outlawing masks (feel free to wear one), why are their case numbers going down, and not up?

And just what has the CDC declared about possible infection rates at public schools? What has the science deemed?

I'll check back later (like, really later)...
                            Wait, didn't you hear!!! Trump is running in 2024 on a revolutionary healthcare platform. Trump, accompanied by his crack healthcare team led by Docture Scott Atlas, will be banning masks in America, and officially adding "injection of light and disinfectant" to the American Clinical Practice Guidelines.

Think of all the LiBeRtY that's gonna be saved. Makes you just wanna go hug a flag doesn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Getting my first shot tonight. I will let everybody know if I start growing a tail.
                              That's exciting news! I'm going to see if I can get ahold of one next week when they loosen the restrictions a bit more. I've waited and sacrificed long enough.

Comment

• I've heard that if you're willing to take an afternoon and make 1 call to set it up, heading east 45-90 minutes you can be literally anyone (no age, gender, sexual orientation, job, health or otherwise restrictions) and get a vaccine shot. Anyone here tried that route?

Comment

Working...
                                X