Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The concussion problems have been going on for 50 years and the players have the attention of the owners now. I was involved in a minor fashion on the research on helmets that were being investigated on all players (high school through NFL) of all ages in the late 80s and early 90s. Helmets have come a long way and you know not what you talk about.
    Concussions were and have been ignored for the most part of those 50 years. Because if you played football in high school you know it true. It has only been in the last decade that concussion protocols started at the pro level and now are being pushed down high school level.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Concussions were and have been ignored for the most part of those 50 years. Because if you played football in high school you know it true. It has only been in the last decade that concussion protocols started at the pro level and now are being pushed down high school level.

Again, you don’t know what you are talking about. Every high school has had to send every helmet in for testing since the early 90’s. That’s 30 years ago. If the helmet didn’t pass the test, it had to be thrown away, and a new one purchased. I knew many high school Athletic Director’s who had to purchase 75 percent or more of their helmets. Concussions weren’t being ignored, Science didn’t know what it does today. Today we know that the brain of the NFL player is at risk, but not high school player. https://www.clearvuehealth.com/cte/hs/

Comment

• Guy Benson

@guypbenson
        ·
        3h
        CA: More lockdowns/restrictions & higher unemployment. A fraction of students in open schools. FL: Far fewer lockdowns/restrictions, much lower unemployment, & nearly all students in school since last fall. "Almost identical" public health outcomes.

Comment

Today we know that the brain of the NFL player is at risk, but not high school player.
          This is your position? Really this is your position? Because it is you who does not have a clue. I can tell that you have never had a concussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            8 week shutdown?? LOL!!!

Unplug and Unite!
            Better than a 52 week, half-measure, death march-to-herd cluster****.

We were so dumb. Not any longer though. Science rules Washington now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This is your position? Really this is your position? Because it is you who does not have a clue. I can tell that you have never had a concussion.
              I played youth, high school, and college football for 11 years. To my knowledge, I only had a concussion for when I hit the side of a pool after a diving board accident, and possibly getting hit in the face by a baseball although that wasn’t diagnosed. Never in football. But I didn’t make a practice of sticking my head into a person either.

You’re probably a soccer player. They have big problems with concussions for hitting the ball with their head. Stay safe and don’t walk across the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Where Are You On The Dunning-Kruger Wiggle?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...al-phenomenon/

What’s behind the confidence of the incompetent? This suddenly popular psychological phenomenon.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” - Charles Darwin
                I’ve never seen anyone use the Dunning-Kruger graph as a “slam” but use it wrong.

Just to slow it down for you, the Y-axis is confidence/humility and the X-axis is personal knowledge assessment. Anyone on the right side of the graph has a correct balance of both. You seem to understand the Y-axis, but the beauty of the phenomenon is that an individual is incapable of assessing where in the knowledge scale they might be on the X-axis. My Mother-in-law is on the left.

My MIl once said in regards to a proposed Wal-Mart in her small town, “They just want it so they can shut down the schools!” In regards to wild horses near Cassiday, “They need to round them up before someone starts shooting them.” Think about it!
                Livin the dream

Comment

I played youth, high school, and college football for 11 years. To my knowledge, I only had a concussion for when I hit the side of a pool after a diving board accident, and possibly getting hit in the face by a baseball although that wasn’t diagnosed. Never in football. But I didn’t make a practice of sticking my head into a person either.

You’re probably a soccer player. They have big problems with concussions for hitting the ball with their head. Stay safe and don’t walk across the street.
                  college football for 11 years...that’s your problem right there.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

college football for 11 years...that’s your problem right there.
                      Good one. It takes some longer to finish than others. I'm just surprised they allowed me to play that long.

Comment

Better than a 52 week, half-measure, death march-to-herd cluster****.

We were so dumb. Not any longer though. Science rules Washington now.
                        The problem is that Washington seems to pick and choose which and when they use the "science". How long has the CDC been saying it's safe to open schools for instance? You can't have it both ways. If science is your barometer, then follow it always.

Comment

The problem is that Washington seems to pick and choose which and when they use the "science". How long has the CDC been saying it's safe to open schools for instance? You can't have it both ways. If science is your barometer, then follow it always.
                          Nuance. If community spread is low, then schools will open. If community spread is high, depending on the decision of the local government, schools will remain closed.

I personally think grade school level (K-5) is relatively low risk for the general community. But there is some risk and teachers should be paid "combat pay" to sit in a potential whirlwind of dangerous virus. Yes, transmission seems to be lower in children, but when you're in a classroom full of them for 7 hrs...

Ultimately there are still a lot of unknowns, and asking citizens to congregate during a pandemic is bad thinking from the onset. This is why you get flipflopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’ve never seen anyone use the Dunning-Kruger graph as a “slam” but use it wrong.

Just to slow it down for you, the Y-axis is confidence/humility and the X-axis is personal knowledge assessment. Anyone on the right side of the graph has a correct balance of both. You seem to understand the Y-axis, but the beauty of the phenomenon is that an individual is incapable of assessing where in the knowledge scale they might be on the X-axis. My Mother-in-law is on the left.

My MIl once said in regards to a proposed Wal-Mart in her small town, “They just want it so they can shut down the schools!” In regards to wild horses near Cassiday, “They need to round them up before someone starts shooting them.” Think about it!
                            Full Disclosure: I really wanted to list Fever's competence on the issue lower.

Comment

Nuance. If community spread is low, then schools will open. If community spread is high, depending on the decision of the local government, schools will remain closed.

I personally think grade school level (K-5) is relatively low risk for the general community. But there is some risk and teachers should be paid "combat pay" to sit in a potential whirlwind of dangerous virus. Yes, transmission seems to be lower in children, but when you're in a classroom full of them for 7 hrs...

Ultimately there are still a lot of unknowns, and asking citizens to congregate during a pandemic is bad thinking from the onset. This is why you get flipflopping.
                              Excuse it away all you want. Bottom line is Biden and his cronies have been a disaster with not only the Covid but pretty much everything else (kids in cages, Biden hiding in the white house sucking his thumb and drooling, "Covid" relief package, etc etc etc). Fauci continues to be a disaster and a politically motivated puppet.

LOL!! Combat pay???? LOL. That has got to be a joke. Teachers have been sitting around doing next to nothing for a year while parents do the majority of the work and they get to have the organized crime of a union protect them. The gravy train is up and they need to get back to doing their jobs. It's pathetic. So glad I don't have to deal with that garbage personally.
                              Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; March 16, 2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Excuse it away all you want. Bottom line is Biden and his cronies have been a disaster with not only the Covid
                                Wtf. He's taken the virus seriously and vaccinations are moving along nicely. He's getting high marks in that area.

In other news: he's preparing for a major tax hike so I'm sure his approval ratings are going to get tested unless he keeps his tax hike to "the rich". It's very popular to tax "the rich" as you know.

Taxes do need to go up though because the eventual effective cost of this pandemic will be mind-numbing.

P.S. Fauci is the boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X