No announcement yet.

Fantasy football anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus. I have/had the top 2 WR. Both turned up lame. My D/ST turned in 32 pts, RBs turned in 26, TE scored 0. I started Alex Smith over the QB I drafted. This is awful.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

2 glorious yards, I won by two glorious yards! Sorry about that @ShockdaWorld: - I thought you had me, but all your TDs got thieved last night.

Comment

Playoffs Question:

When I set up the league, I pretty much kept the settings as the normal standard settings. I happened to look at the playoff setup and saw that it is set so that the Top 4 teams make it with each playoff round covering two weeks. I am not sure how I feel about that and wondered what you all thought. Do you all like that...and if not, what would you think of these options:

-4 teams, one week per round
        -6 teams, 1 and 2 get first-round byes, one week per round
        -8 teams, one week per round
        -4 teams, two weeks per round (stick with the current setup)

My personal thought might be the 6-team setup. It would keep people more interested over the course of the season and keep someone in 7th/8th place from mailing it in over the last month. Yet, it also requires you to still have a pretty good season to make the playoffs. This isn't the Missouri Valley Conference here where a bad team can get hot in the three weeks of playoff time to win the title.

Your thoughts?
        78-65

Comment

I like the 6 team idea. I'm a fan of the best teams getting a bye.

Comment

I'm torn. I like the 6 team idea, but I also like the two weeks per round for the playoffs idea. I hate that you may have the best team all season and roll into the last couple weeks when say, somebody rests your number one qb to save him for the playoffs and your backup guy gets pummelled. Of course, the way this season's going so far, I'll be lucky to make it into the Thursday night bracket.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Playoffs Question:

When I set up the league, I pretty much kept the settings as the normal standard settings. I happened to look at the playoff setup and saw that it is set so that the Top 4 teams make it with each playoff round covering two weeks. I am not sure how I feel about that and wondered what you all thought. Do you all like that...and if not, what would you think of these options:

-4 teams, one week per round
              -6 teams, 1 and 2 get first-round byes, one week per round
              -8 teams, one week per round
              -4 teams, two weeks per round (stick with the current setup)

My personal thought might be the 6-team setup. It would keep people more interested over the course of the season and keep someone in 7th/8th place from mailing it in over the last month. Yet, it also requires you to still have a pretty good season to make the playoffs. This isn't the Missouri Valley Conference here where a bad team can get hot in the three weeks of playoff time to win the title.

Your thoughts?
              I like 6 teams. It doesn't really matter anyway. The 1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels are obviously, predictably undefeated and that will continue so even HAVING a playoff is pointless. You could even cancel the season now for that matter. I saw that no teams were named Duke in this league, so I have no reason to believe in any other outcome.

Also, on another note, Greg Olsen is my man. He's one of my favorite picks. I'm not so sure about Stefon Diggs. Had to decline. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                Also, on another note, Greg Olsen is my man. He's one of my favorite picks. I'm not so sure about Stefon Diggs. Had to decline. Sorry about that.
                That's okay. I almost asked about the availability for your other TE...or maybe even considered offering Antonio Brown for Olsen...but I was able to get Jimmy Graham, who (like Coby Fleener, my other TE) seemed to have a better week this week after starting slow. If I can get decent production from those two, I like my overall depth. I have the second-highest scoring in the league...but have unfortunately had the second-highest scoring set of opponents so far...hence why I am 1-2. Just need some better luck on that.
                78-65

Comment

Just posted a note on the league board...

I have entered our league into a contest. It is quite simple. We are not allowed to have anyone start a player who is on bye week. So...you cannot quit.

What's the benefit? Well, a league that qualifies by not having a bye-week starter will win a trip to hold next year's draft at the ESPN Headquarters. Each person would receive $1,000 PLUS airfare and hotel for the trip. Now, I don't know the chances of actually winning this, but I would be willing to take 5 minutes each week to make sure my lineup is good to find out.

So...can we all make that agreement to keep our lineups up-to-date?

78-65

Comment

Worst season ever.
                    Last edited by DUShock; October 4, 2016, 01:59 PM. Reason: Mind was numb and types worse rather than worst.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Don't give up yet, my 3-1 paper tiger will come back to earth soon. Must be running on Mantis-luck so far.

Comment

• This is my worst nightmare
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          This is my worst nightmare
                          Oy vey. Having the lowest-scoring team and having the highest-scoring set of opponents is usually not a good combination. Hang in there.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Oy vey. Having the lowest-scoring team and having the highest-scoring set of opponents is usually not a good combination. Hang in there.
                            i feel like the chiefs

Comment

• Standings

Sorry I've been slacking...here's some updated standings. Illinois State Still Sucks, and so does my team.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Just posted a note on the league board...

I have entered our league into a contest. It is quite simple. We are not allowed to have anyone start a player who is on bye week. So...you cannot quit.

What's the benefit? Well, a league that qualifies by not having a bye-week starter will win a trip to hold next year's draft at the ESPN Headquarters. Each person would receive $1,000 PLUS airfare and hotel for the trip. Now, I don't know the chances of actually winning this, but I would be willing to take 5 minutes each week to make sure my lineup is good to find out.

So...can we all make that agreement to keep our lineups up-to-date?

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football...ntasy-football
                                Does it count against us if he starts a guy that's out with injury, or only if they're actually on a bye week?
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X