No announcement yet.

Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.
    2. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.
    3. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot... and the parrot got angrier and even more rude.
    4. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
    5. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."
    6. John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly, "Pardon me, but may I ask what the turkey did?"

Comment

• During his physical, the doctor asked the patient about his daily activity level.

He described a typical day this way:

“Well, yesterday afternoon, I waded along the edge of a lake, drank eight beers, escaped from wild dogs

in the heavy brush, jumped away from an aggressive rattlesnake, marched up and down several rocky hills,

stood in a patch of poison ivy, crawled out of quicksand and took four leaks behind big trees.”

Inspired by the story, the doctor said,“You must be one hell of an outdoorsman!”

”NAH,” he replied, “I'm just a lousy golfer.”

Last edited by im4wsu; November 25, 2017, 04:10 PM.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Two old guys, one 80 and one 87, were sitting on a park bench one morning.

The 87-year-old had just finished his morning jog and wasn't even short of breath.

The 80-year-old was amazed at the guy's stamina and asked him what he did to have so much energy.

The 87-year-old said, "Well, I eat rye bread every day. It keeps your energy level high and you'll have great stamina with the ladies."

So, on the way home the 80-year-old stopped at the bakery.

As he was looking around, the saleslady asked if he needed any help.

He said, "Do you have any rye bread?"

She said, "Yes, there's a whole shelf of it. Would you like some?"

He said, "I want 5 loaves."

She said, "My goodness, 5 loaves! By the time you get to the 3rd loaf, it'll be hard."

He replied, "I can't believe everybody knows about this **** but me."

Comment

• can anybody tell me why that happens sometimes?

Comment

• Did you copy and paste from another source? If you do that you have to make sure to set the font color to auto.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

1. Read an article about the passing of David Cassidy. Apparently his final words were, "Hey! Don't unplug that!"

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                Did you copy and paste from another source? If you do that you have to make sure to set the font color to auto.
                yes I did, thanks. I'll try to figure out how to do that

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  can anybody tell me why that happens sometimes?
                  I can't tell you why it happens sometimes, but I can tell you how to keep it from happening.

Before you copy some text from a web page, first do the following:
                  • On the right, click the 'A' icon (Advanced Editor),
                  • On the left, click the '<>' icon. I forget what the icon is called, but it's the same as the old version. It will allow you to see any bbcode tags.
                  • Now when you paste your text, it will paste text and no tags.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    I can't tell you why it happens sometimes, but I can tell you how to keep it from happening.

Before you copy some text from a web page, first do the following:
                    • On the right, click the 'A' icon (Advanced Editor),
                    • On the left, click the '<>' icon. I forget what the icon is called, but it's the same as the old version. It will allow you to see any bbcode tags.
                    • Now when you paste your text, it will paste text and no tags.
                    Thanks for trying, I appreciate it. Just too old I guess. Cannot see those icons anywhere.

Comment

• A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.
                      The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"
                      "No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.
                      "Will you spend this on green fees at a golf course instead of food?" the man asked.
                      "Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in 20 years!"
                      "Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a hot shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."
                      The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?
                      The man replied, "That's okay. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking and golf."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

1. Well, if Aqib Talib eventually receives a lifetime ban from the NFL, at least he has his college degree to fall back on......

Comment

• In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same f*****g elephant.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephant's foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same f*****g elephant.
                            Merry Christmas!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• When Bill and Hillary first got married Bill said, “I am putting a box under the bed. You must promise never to look in it.”

In all their 30 years of marriage, Hillary never looked. On the afternoon of their 30th anniversary, curiosity got the best of her and she lifted the lid and peeked inside. In the box were 3 empty beer cans and $81,874.25 in cash.

She closed the box and put it back under the bed. Now that she knew what was in the box, she was doubly curious as to why there even was such a box with such contents. That evening, they were out for a special anniversary dinner. After dinner, Hillary could no longer contain her curiosity and she confessed, saying, “I am so sorry, Bill. For all these years, I kept my promise and never looked into the box under our bed. However, today the temptation was too much and I gave in. But now I need to know, why do you keep the 3 beer cans in the box?”

Bill thought for a while and said, “I guess after all these years you deserve to know the truth. Whenever I was unfaithful to you, I put an empty beer can in the box under the bed to remind myself not to do it again.” Hillary was shocked, but said, “Hmmm, Jennifer, Paula and Monica. I am very disappointed and saddened by your behavior. However, since you are addicted to sex I guess it does happen and I guess 3 times is not that bad considering your problem.”

Bill thanked her for being so understanding. They hugged and made their peace. A little while later Hillary asked Bill, “So why do you have all that money in the box?”

Bill answered: “Well, whenever the box filled up with empty cans, I took them to the recycling center and redeemed them for cash.”
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X