Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    There's an entire sub-generation of Americans that will now grow up to DESPISE the progressive left. The nincompoops on the left couldn't have possibly done a better job turning tens of millions of eventual voters against them. Those chickens will come home to roost, but it will take a few years of seasoning.
    Does the loud push and tacit condescension by the left towards minorities and their vaccination status fit into that as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      WATCH: Kids in a Las Vegas school react to the news that they don’t have to wear masks anymore

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...M7k1gpV4psJvJc
      YES!!! Suck on that Fauxci!

Comment

• More School Board Masking Hypocrisy. I can tell you emphatically that if that dude put his hands on me like that it would not end well for him. This is completely ridiculous.

A Western New York parent was dragged out of a school board meeting by security for not wearing a mask days after members of that school board and other local officials were photographed maskless at an official event.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          WATCH: Kids in a Las Vegas school react to the news that they don’t have to wear masks anymore

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...M7k1gpV4psJvJc
          That was about as contrived as it gets. Some of the kids cheering weren't even wearing them. Are you people really that gullible? Pure politics.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/f...-person-school

What kids really think about masks, vaccines, and in-person school

Though 14-year-old Maison isn’t interested in getting vaccinated right now—feeling that youth and a strong immune system are on his side—he thinks most adults should be.

“The people who are older than me who are around me … I know that they’ve had the vaccine, so I feel more comfortable,” he says. “But the teachers who don’t have the vaccine, I don’t really understand that.”
          Other children who are vaccinated continue to also wear masks to protect others. Zora Nunley, the 12-year-old from Detroit, says it’s her younger brother Miles she’s protecting.

“I do wear a mask even though I’m fully vaccinated,” she says. “If I get it, I could spread it to him, and that could be problematic.”
          "Out of the mouth of babes.."

Such common sense and wisdom from a 14 and 12 yr old.

I would sign onto an agreement where we let the children dictate pandemic policy from here on out. They are much less indoctrinated which puts them ahead of half the population in this country.

Comment

• My kids hate them and every kid I know hates them. Clod is wrong again. Besides virtually every kid who gets Covid has it so mild they don't even know they have had it unless we subject them to testing. It's the stupidest thing that only simple minded mental midgets would buy off on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              More School Board Masking Hypocrisy. I can tell you emphatically that if that dude put his hands on me like that it would not end well for him. This is completely ridiculous.

A Western New York parent was dragged out of a school board meeting by security for not wearing a mask days after members of that school board and other local officials were photographed maskless at an official event.

He was asked politely to leave first.

People are so tired of the childish, attention-seeking Covidiots who have no basic decency and think farting in crowded elevators is funny. I mean, follow the ****ing rules or get dragged out of the building like the malcontent that you are. What is wrong with these people?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

People are so tired of the childish, attention-seeking Covidiots who have no basic decency and think farting in crowded elevators is funny. I mean, follow the ****ing rules or get dragged out of the building like the malcontent that you are. What is wrong with these people?
                Branch Covidians gonna follow the cult and drink the juice...

Comment

And he politely declined. That should have been the end of it. Leave the man alone, particularly when the school board themselves clearly doesn't believe in masking as they proved at their event. He's just following their lead.

Comment

My kids hate them and every kid I know hates them. Clod is wrong again. Besides virtually every kid who gets Covid has it so mild they don't even know they have had it unless we subject them to testing. It's the stupidest thing that only simple minded mental midgets would buy off on.
                    I don't have a strong opinion on child masking. The masks are having an effect w/ respect to virus concentration exposure, but they are clearly not wholly protective.

As far as children and mild Covid... you do not know the long-term effects of infection with the alien seed. This is above your pay grade and you make that abundantly clear with each successive post. You're willing to gamble with your child's life, others aren't. They deserve the liberty to not be infected by your family. You DO NOT have the liberty to infect theirs....

Comment

Branch Covidians gonna follow the cult and drink the juice...
                      I drank too much wheat juice the other ******* night that's for sure.

I am a very infrequent social drinker btw. If I decide to put some away on a random hot date... it doesn't take much to get all 218lb's of CB giggly.

Comment

That was about as contrived as it gets. Some of the kids cheering weren't even wearing them. Are you people really that gullible? Pure politics.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/f...-person-school

What kids really think about masks, vaccines, and in-person school

"Out of the mouth of babes.."

Such common sense and wisdom from a 14 and 12 yr old.

I would sign onto an agreement where we let the children dictate pandemic policy from here on out. They are much less indoctrinated which puts them ahead of half the population in this country.
                        Do you have kids in school? No? Just shut the **** up then.

Comment

• Minor, but interesting unintended consequence of the pandemic:

Last year there was no school orientation and no lockers at the middle school or high school. My son, being a 6th grader, skipped this step. This year lockers were reinstated, but none of the now 7th graders were ever shown how a locker combination works. 50% can’t get into their lockers.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Do you have kids in school? No? Just shut the **** up then.
                            I'm sorry that the article annoyed you so. Clearly the good people at National Geographic do. Don't shoot the messenger.

The article was really good. Here are a few more quotes:

The inconsistent adult enforcement of wearing masks at school last year is what 10-year-old Rylin Morrow of Albany, Georgia, found confusing—and hopes will be better this school year.

“It was pretty stressful,” she says. “My reading teacher was very strict with the masks, but my other teachers didn’t bother.”

Soledad Seclen-Otero describes her anxiety level as “10” because of lax mask behavior coupled with the Delta variant—especially because the eight-year-old’s grandmother is immunocompromised.
                            “In school I was still worried because we were in spaces with closed doors even though we were six feet apart,” says the fourth grader from New York City. “People are wearing masks down under their chins. And they didn’t bother to pick them up.” As for this year, “I will absolutely continue to remind my classmates to pick up their masks.”
                            Others express frustration at the idea of yet another year in masks—as well as the wait to become vaccinated.

“I’m tired of wearing a mask so I just want to be vaccinated right now,” says KJ, the 11-year-old from Minnesota. “I don’t want to wait another so many months until my birthday in May.”
                            Karan Tambar of Queens is equally frustrated that he’s waiting for a vaccine, but the sixth grader at the United Nations International School is happy that it’s available for others he cares about. “I’m 11, and 12 is the youngest age. It’s so annoying,” he says. “I used to be worried about my grandparents but once they got their vaccine, I was no longer worried as much.”
                            INCREDIBLY intelligent and considerate young people. Almost sounds fake. But it makes sense as kids are scared to lose their grandma and grandpa's. Think how scary that would be if you were a kid. That you could be the reason your grandma dies. Put yourself in their shoes for a minute.

I'm proud of the kids in this article. Such self-awareness. Going above and beyond the call. Maybe our future will turn out better than we thought?
                            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; February 11, 2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Minor, but interesting unintended consequence of the pandemic:

Last year there was no school orientation and no lockers at the middle school or high school. My son, being a 6th grader, skipped this step. This year lockers were reinstated, but none of the now 7th graders were ever shown how a locker combination works. 50% can’t get into their lockers.
                              Sounds like an education issue... I do hope such a mighty hurdle can be overcome in time. The thought of them all still standing at their locker doors is heartbreaking to me.

Comment

I'm sorry that the article annoyed you so. Clearly the good people at National Geographic do. Don't shoot the messenger. :
                                Evidently you didn't get the new talking points

New York - mask mandate is over

New York will no longer require masks in most indoor public settings, but they will still be required in schools and health care facilities. Several other states have made similar moves this week.

doctors in California - time to remove the mask mandate

Two UCSF doctors agree with the state that now is the time to lift California's mask mandate, but one says mask-wearing is a "cultural relic from the pandemic" that we should revert to in times when bad respiratory illnesses are going around.

You might consider moving to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X