No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, the N95 really doesn't work either form what I hear. The N is for non-oil based particles and the 95 means it filters out 95% of particles but viruses are among the other 5%. Plus Covid has an oil based capsule.

A P100 is supposed to work.

Problem is only filters the income air not the exhaust. So It will protect you from others but it won't protect others from you.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Actually, the N95 really doesn't work either form what I hear. The N is for non-oil based particles and the 95 means it filters out 95% of particles but viruses are among the other 5%. Plus Covid has an oil based capsule.

A P100 is supposed to work.

Problem is only filters the income air not the exhaust. So It will protect you from others but it won't protect others from you.

N95s work.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

N95s work.
          You would know more about it than I would. Perhaps you can opine on whether these guys know what they are talking about.

P100 respirators (and above) are the only face coverings that have a chance to protect you from COVID

My friend, Tyson Gabriel, is an expert on PPE. P100 respirators can greatly reduce your risk of getting COVID, but only for the wearer. AFAIK, no public health official ever talks about them. Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

You would know more about it than I would. Perhaps you can opine on whether these guys know what they are talking about.

P100 respirators (and above) are the only face coverings that have a chance to protect you from COVID

My friend, Tyson Gabriel, is an expert on PPE. P100 respirators can greatly reduce your risk of getting COVID, but only for the wearer. AFAIK, no public health official ever talks about them. Why?

The guy writing the article doesn’t know jack and is just interpreting what Petty said. I tried to follow the link, because Petty sounds like he knows what’s what, but it didn’t take me to the video on N95 efficacy. If you can find that, I’d be interested. An N95 mask SHOULD work, but I haven’t seen any data on them post Covid.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              An N95 mask SHOULD work, but I haven’t seen any data on them post Covid.
              That's a point -- I haven't read any research on them post covid either.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The guy writing the article doesn’t know jack and is just interpreting what Petty said. I tried to follow the link, because Petty sounds like he knows what’s what, but it didn’t take me to the video on N95 efficacy. If you can find that, I’d be interested. An N95 mask SHOULD work, but I haven’t seen any data on them post Covid.
                I agree, I don't think the guy writing the article is an expert in this area. The guys he supposedly is relaying on are:

Tyson Gabriel: https://www.tyscienceguy.com/about.html

Steven Petty: https://eesgroupinc.us/about/

The seem to have good credentials. Whether the author is accurately presenting their thinking I couldn't say. At this point it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  Does someone need to do a health and safety check on Cold? Since his last post the Shockers have gone 2-0, there has been a 46% drop in cases and an 8% drop in deaths. I guess there isn't anything for him to post about.
                  Figured I'd stay away until we lost. That didn't take long.

I'm trying really hard not to look at future postings in this thread. I'm going to assume most of the inane comments aren't serious and are perhaps just theater in order to draw me into an argument. I have no motivation to argue for the sake of argument (about Covid). I think we are finally, officially moving into the endemic stage as a nation. Most of the posters in this thread have been announcing the end of the pandemic after each successive wave. Like a broken clock, they are finally, involuntarily, becoming right at last.

If this thread has been any indication, we have a long way to go as a nation with respect to discipline, critical thinking, and general kindness towards our fellow man.

It's been... something.
                  Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; February 9, 2022, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• The Left has said it is over so now Cold has said it is over. The power of the Group Think.

So, so sad.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Mercedes Schlapp @mercedesschlapp

Always remember that Democrats at the behest of their teachers' union overlords did irreversible damage to the development of your children and didn't stop until they realized how terrible their poll numbers were for the midterms.

Comment

• Pollsters > "Scientists"?

I use the term scientists loosely. These are the ones that couldn't entertain differing views and had their masters censor the opposing conclusions.

But either way, the pollsters win.

Time to focus on Russia and war again.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Somehow Covid is over, but you should really vote by mail. Amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Mercedes Schlapp @mercedesschlapp

Always remember that Democrats at the behest of their teachers' union overlords did irreversible damage to the development of your children and didn't stop until they realized how terrible their poll numbers were for the midterms.
                            Now, I lean right on most issues, but this sort of tweet, after a minuscule lull in the politicization of CoVid, is a depressing sign of what is to come over the next nine months from both sides, while the rest of us will have to endure this misery to the detriment of all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Tested positive yesterday along with wife and kids. Kids have zero symptoms. Wife and I are very mild. My worst symptom is a sore throat and a Barry White like voice. Feels like the average cold. No big deal and now I don't need the booster because I have the natural immunity.
                              Take mucinex and hydrate to the point that you're peeing nearly clear. Keeps all the crap fluid and flowing. My advice, after having it a few weeks ago. It is mild for almost everyone, but still a real problem if it makes it's way below your upper respiratory tract.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Now, I lean right on most issues, but this sort of tweet, after a minuscule lull in the politicization of CoVid, is a depressing sign of what is to come over the next nine months from both sides, while the rest of us will have to endure this misery to the detriment of all.
                                Gee, I wasn't sure it was strong enough

Comment

Working...
                                X