Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Take mucinex and hydrate to the point that you're peeing nearly clear. Keeps all the crap fluid and flowing. My advice, after having it a few weeks ago. It is mild for almost everyone, but still a real problem if it makes it's way below your upper respiratory tract.
    Thank you. I tried Mucinex at the advice of another friend and it indeed worked great. Almost at the end. Feel fine, just still have hoarse and sore throat.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Feel fine, just still have hoarse and sore throat.
      I had both of those for probably three weeks in total. They were the last symptoms to leave, even though I tested negative far earlier. Sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I had both of those for probably three weeks in total. They were the last symptoms to leave, even though I tested negative far earlier. Sucked.
        I had Covid in January 2021, double-vaxed hesitantly, in September 2021, and had Covid/Omicron (I assume) last month. I had the sore throat plus some fever (nothing too severe) for 3 or 4 days. The worse thing was the sore throat. After that just the voice issues but no discomfort or other symptoms. Neither time did I lose my sense of taste of smell. Pretty much just a run of the mill flu both times.

I know two other people who had Covid back in Janaury 21 as well. Neither are vaxsx and neither have had Covid/Omicron again (yet). However, both have been around me a lot and one of them works at a large Wichita High School and was very close with her daughter and two grandsons when the had Covid (probably Delta) a few months back. If they have had the Omicron their symptoms were so mild they did not realize it.

Hopefully, we are moving into the endemic phase of this virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          The Left has said it is over so now Cold has said it is over. The power of the Group Think.

So, so sad.
          There is no "Left" and "Right" outside of a construct maintained by those who aim to control you. We are all bits and pieces of each "side".

Imagine a world where there are no political parties, just individuals campaigning on various platforms. Politics would become boring getting relegated into the background of life where it belongs.

I'm glad you are attempting to expand your vocabulary by borrowing some of my oft used terms. If you actually look them up, you have a chance of growing as a person. Here... let me do it for you.

Groupthink is a phenomenon that occurs when a group of individuals reaches a consensus without critical reasoning or evaluation of the consequences or alternatives. ... This desire creates a dynamic within a group whereby creativity and individuality tend to be stifled in order to avoid conflict.
          An incredibly accurate explanation for what happens on a daily basis in this thread. 93% biased, propagandistic, wishful, conspiracy theory-laden garbage.

When a group of sane individuals stand together, watching an apple fall from the tree determining the existence of gravity, they aren't suffering from Groupthink, they are merely acknowledging what is... This is the job: to observe, interpret, test, reassess, over and over and over again. I do wish more in this thread had a basic understanding of how and why that process fosters "right thinking" - leading then to better outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There is no "Left" and "Right" outside of a construct maintained by those who aim to control you. We are all bits and pieces of each "side".

Imagine a world where there are no political parties, just individuals campaigning on various platforms. Politics would become boring getting relegated into the background of life where it belongs.

I'm glad you are attempting to expand your vocabulary by borrowing some of my oft used terms. If you actually look them up, you have a chance of growing as a person. Here... let me do it for you.

An incredibly accurate explanation for what happens on a daily basis in this thread. 93% biased, propagandistic, wishful, conspiracy theory-laden garbage.

When a group of sane individuals stand together, watching an apple fall from the tree determining the existence of gravity, they aren't suffering from Groupthink, they are merely acknowledging what is... This is the job: to observe, interpret, test, reassess, over and over and over again. I do wish more in this thread had a basic understanding of how and why that process fosters "right thinking" - leading then to better outcomes.
            lol you think you coined the term “group think”?

Again, I love the hypocritical lecturing of downplaying the politics of the virus when all you do is drop Trump, Republicans, and anti-vax bombs on the daily. One large, groupthink hypocrite.

So what are you gonna do now with all of your spare time? Open up a lumber yard?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Now, I lean right on most issues, but this sort of tweet, after a minuscule lull in the politicization of CoVid, is a depressing sign of what is to come over the next nine months from both sides, while the rest of us will have to endure this misery to the detriment of all.
              The problem isn’t the politics of the virus. That just better exposed the issue. The problem is that there are two ideologies within this country; one that is individualist, and one that is collective. As long as those two ideologies are prevalent, every act and every opinion will be political in nature, and will be used by those in power to gain more power. What has been happening will, unfortunately, continue well beyond the next 9 months.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The problem isn’t the politics of the virus. That just better exposed the issue. The problem is that there are two ideologies within this country; one that is individualist, and one that is collective. As long as those two ideologies are prevalent, every act and every opinion will be political in nature, and will be used by those in power to gain more power. What has been happening will, unfortunately, continue well beyond the next 9 months.
                Fortunately the majority of the country is not actively engaged on Twitter. Also, as a bonus, most of the country look for commonality first between us and not differences. With all of that being said, the fringe and dividers for power will always yell the loudest during an election year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Fortunately the majority of the country is not actively engaged on Twitter. Also, as a bonus, most of the country look for commonality first between us and not differences. With all of that being said, the fringe and dividers for power will always yell the loudest during an election year.
                  Yep, I know very few people IRL that take the ridiculous stances of corporate media. Still, everyone aligns with an ideology while voting.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• WATCH: Kids in a Las Vegas school react to the news that they don’t have to wear masks anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      WATCH: Kids in a Las Vegas school react to the news that they don’t have to wear masks anymore

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...M7k1gpV4psJvJc
                      Absolutely breaks my heart that these kids have been through this crap. Was never a life threatening child virus. Never will be. Masks, air hugs, air high fives, distancing, can't play with kids in other classes, can't have other kids sit at your table at lunch or in class. Hell, can't even share a damn cookie you brought from home with your best friend. Just pisses me off.

Comment

• There's an entire sub-generation of Americans that will now grow up to DESPISE the progressive left. The nincompoops on the left couldn't have possibly done a better job turning tens of millions of eventual voters against them. Those chickens will come home to roost, but it will take a few years of seasoning.

Comment

• Heart-disease risk soars after COVID — even with a mild case

Massive study shows a long-term, substantial rise in risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke, after a SARS-CoV-2 infection.
                          Even a mild case of COVID-19 can increase a person’s risk of cardiovascular problems for at least a year after diagnosis, a new study1 shows. Researchers found that rates of many conditions, such as heart failure and stroke, were substantially higher in people who had recovered from COVID-19 than in similar people who hadn’t had the disease.

What’s more, the risk was elevated even for those who were under 65 years of age and lacked risk factors, such as obesity or diabetes.

“It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, it doesn’t matter if you smoked, or you didn’t,” says study co-author Ziyad Al-Aly at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and the chief of research and development for the Veterans Affairs (VA) St. Louis Health Care System. “The risk was there.”

Al-Aly and his colleagues based their research on an extensive health-record database curated by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The researchers compared more than 150,000 veterans who survived for at least 30 days after contracting COVID-19 with two groups of uninfected people: a group of more than five million people who used the VA medical system during the pandemic, and a similarly sized group that used the system in 2017, before SARS-CoV-2 was circulating.
                          As I've been instructing since the beginning of this pandemic... defend your body from this insidious, alien virus if at all possible (used to be "at all costs" prior to vaccination availability). The risk is undefined. The risk will now be defined over the upcoming years. Some (most belonging to one party) are going to suffer much regret. The dead have been freed from their ignorance.

Don't be alarmed/jealous/triggered at the persistent appearance of prescience regarding my posts on the matter since day 1. You too can look like the smartest guy on the board. All you have to do is unplug, open your eyes, and think logically based on the data available at the time.

Comment

• In lieu of the recent study, I have a new recommendation for those of you who've been infected. Please monitor your cardiovascular health closely. Do not engage in new, intense exercise without a visit to your doctor. If you notice ANY strange symptoms: persistent/severe headaches, dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath, etc. Get checked out immediately! If you're over 40 and have never had a "heart scan", there are MANY great tests available that are covered by insurance. Screening saves lives and lightens the burden on our economy!

Since the cardiovascular risk appears to be 12 mos. after infection, perhaps consider adding "heart-friendly" supplements like Omega-3. And if you're really nervous, a daily baby aspirin may change your odds slightly.

Just remember, be careful about random highly strenuous activities. Start new exercise routines slowly.

Comment

• Long-COVID symptoms less likely in vaccinated people, Israeli data say

People who’ve both been vaccinated and had COVID-19 are less likely to report fatigue and other health problems than unvaccinated people.
                              Researchers in Israel report that people who have had both SARS-CoV-2 infection and doses of Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine were much less likely to report any of a range of common long-COVID symptoms than were people who were unvaccinated when infected. In fact, vaccinated people were no more likely to report symptoms than people who’d never caught SARS-CoV-2. The study has not yet been peer reviewed.

“Here is another reason to get vaccinated, if you needed one,” says co-author Michael Edelstein, an epidemiologist at Bar-Ilan University in Safed, Israel.

People with the debilitating condition called long COVID continue to experience symptoms — such as fatigue, shortness of breath and even trouble concentrating — weeks, months or years after SARS-CoV-2 infection. Some estimate that up to 30% of infected people, including many who were never hospitalized, have persistent symptoms.
                              Regardless, Iwasaki says these findings are encouraging. “Long COVID is a terrible and debilitating disease. Any measures we can take to prevent long COVID are key to limiting more suffering in the future,” she says. “One more reason to get vaccinated.”
                              I've been warning the board about Long Covid since before it even had a name. With some Long Covid sufferers even finding relief from their symptoms after getting vaccinated, we need to keep pushing so all the ignorant that are still bumbling about the planet suffering needlessly, get the jab.

Mandates, mandates, mandates. Put it in law just like we've been doing with other vaccines for over a century and lets put this all behind us.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                WATCH: Kids in a Las Vegas school react to the news that they don’t have to wear masks anymore

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...M7k1gpV4psJvJc
                                Hats off to this teacher for letting the kids be happy about it. Because you know there are lots that wouldn't want the kids to be happy about this.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X