Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    My investment portfolio dropped by 2.7% today. That's mainly attributed to a new variant. People who aren't vaccinated are a breeding grounds for new variants. It's not just about survivability of new infections. There are economic impacts over the possibility that mew variants will cause problems for investors.
    Hope you’re well diversified. I try to look at the ‘big’ picture and don’t get too high or low with media driven market swings… continue to remain positive and you’ll be much happier… even with yesterday’s market ‘hiccup’, I’m still up 17-18% YTD. Stay the course and “don’t leave your wingman.”
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My investment portfolio dropped by 2.7% today. That's mainly attributed to a new variant.There are economic impacts over the possibility that mew variants will cause problems for investors.
      Wood, hay, and stubble....wood, hay, and stubble.

If your biggest concern on your portfolio is a covid variant - then you will never see that bus that is about to hit you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Wood, hay, and stubble....wood, hay, and stubble.

If your biggest concern on your portfolio is a covid variant - then you will never see that bus that is about to hit you.
        Interesting mix of metaphors there.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Vaccinated are just as likely as unvaccinated to spread the virus.

The only thing science has definitively proven in regard to the vaccine is that those that get vaccinated suffer less covid related symptoms than those that are unvaccinated. This is simply not up for debate. The sooner the left stops fear mongering and virtue signaling the better.
          The vaccinated are less likely to get a covid infection than the unvaccinated. If the vaccinated get covid they are less likely to spread covid han the unvaccinated because they will have a lower average viral load compared to the average viral load of the unvaccinated.

Those who are less likely to contract a significant covid infection are less likely to host a mutation that increases the threat to both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

How much did you lose in the markets today when a new variant was discovered in South Africa?

Just get vaccinated! It doesn't hurt. The 99.9999% side effect is a slightly sore arm for 24 hours.The rate of deaths from vaccinations is in the range of deaths from getting haircuts. If deaths within a month or so of getting a haircut were reported the same as deaths within a month or so of getting a covid vaccination, that CDC database would show similar results.

I've had two friends die after getting the covid vaccine. One died of Stage 4 metastatic esophogeal cancer. The other died of cirrhosis. Both of those deaths will appear in the CDC's VAERS database of deaths related to the covid vaccine. ANY death after getting the vaccine can be reported and Fox News and other media report the number of cases in that database.

Just the fact that I said "I've had two friends die after getting the covid vaccine" can be used as anecdotal proof that the vaccine kills people. tt's just that easy to pick something out of context and repeat it to a crowd that wants to hear it, and that's "proof" that the vaccine isn't safe, when that wasn't said at all.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• South African Medical Head Says You May Want to Slow-Roll the Panic Over New Omicron Variant

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...ariant-n482675

Let's hope this variant does in fact turn out to result be a relatively mild variation. Probably won't know for a while yet. South Africa has not observed only in otherwise healthy patients. No cases seen yet in health compromised patients.

That said perhaps being cautious sooner rather than later is the way to go.

But their is difference between being cautious and how you portray the situtation than being hysterical and cauing panic and fear unnecessarily at this point which depends mostly on how govenerments and the media react and present the situation to the public. And to date the government and the media have done a horrendously bad job in that regard.

BTW, why did they skip the Greek Letter Xi which proceeds Omicron when naming Covid variations. Xi, I wonder.

Comment

The vaccinated are less likely to get a covid infection than the unvaccinated. If the vaccinated get covid they are less likely to spread covid han the unvaccinated because they will have a lower average viral load compared to the average viral load of the unvaccinated.

Those who are less likely to contract a significant covid infection are less likely to host a mutation that increases the threat to both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

How much did you lose in the markets today when a new variant was discovered in South Africa?

Just get vaccinated! It doesn't hurt. The 99.9999% side effect is a slightly sore arm for 24 hours.The rate of deaths from vaccinations is in the range of deaths from getting haircuts. If deaths within a month or so of getting a haircut were reported the same as deaths within a month or so of getting a covid vaccination, that CDC database would show similar results.

I've had two friends die after getting the covid vaccine. One died of Stage 4 metastatic esophogeal cancer. The other died of cirrhosis. Both of those deaths will appear in the CDC's VAERS database of deaths related to the covid vaccine. ANY death after getting the vaccine can be reported and Fox News and other media report the number of cases in that database.

Just the fact that I said "I've had two friends die after getting the covid vaccine" can be used as anecdotal proof that the vaccine kills people. tt's just that easy to pick something out of context and repeat it to a crowd that wants to hear it, and that's "proof" that the vaccine isn't safe, when that wasn't said at all.
                Vaccinated are 2% less likely to get Covid than unvaccinated. Viral load is not statistically different.

Based on those numbers, if everyone was vaccinated, the omicron variant would be delayed about a month, but it would still happen.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• tipping their hand

It is "too early to say" whether we need new lockdowns or mandates, Fauci told ABC News.

Comment

• Candace Owens @RealCandaceO
                    Nov 27

Great news! Pfizer say that within 100 days it can rework their current vaccine to combat the new variant. So once you’ve had your double jab, plus your booster, you can then schedule your omicron fourth-but-definitely-not-final jab.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Candace Owens @RealCandaceO
                      Nov 27

Great news! Pfizer say that within 100 days it can rework their current vaccine to combat the new variant. So once you’ve had your double jab, plus your booster, you can then schedule your omicron fourth-but-definitely-not-final jab.
                      Not sure about you, but I’m about ‘jabbed’ out…
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Where’s Cold at to participate in the omicron hype? He should be wet right about now.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Where’s Cold at to participate in the omicron hype? He should be wet right about now.
                          As soon as he's done fapping over the news he'll be in.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Vaccinated are 2% less likely to get Covid than unvaccinated. Viral load is not statistically different.

Based on those numbers, if everyone was vaccinated, the omicron variant would be delayed about a month, but it would still happen.

Tucker Carlson? First though was, "Weak troll attempt." Second thought was, "This comment would actually get a standing ovation at a Trump rally." Of course calls to get vaccinated are roundly booed. What a weird cult.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Where’s Cold at to participate in the omicron hype? He should be wet right about now.
                              I was on vacation with my girl.

While reading an article and first learning about Omicron, these were my exact words: "This is a worthy name for a variant that wipes us all out."

Sounds like a Decepticon.

I'd kind of like to have a hat made with the name emblazoned across the front of it. All you can do is laugh at this point. The good news is, my girl got the "CB booster special" ahead of her appointed time! And for those of you who are paying attention (likely none), that means the full 100 microgram dose of Moderna, not the 50 that everybody else gets now. (It was a full dose of Moderna that beat out Pfizer in a booster comparison.)

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled Fox News or social media propaganda source. Gotta get into the right mental state to start the week... delusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X