Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

As soon as he's done fapping over the news he'll be in.
    Told you
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Told you
      He was mainly bragging he has a girl friend (blow up doll, I bet), stomping on Fox News, and Tucker Carlson this time. He had no news and information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He was mainly bragging he has a girl friend (blow up doll, I bet), stomping on Fox News, and Tucker Carlson this time. He had no news and information.
        But he admitted reading/hearing the new news and got off on it. We all know girlfriend is code.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

The vaccinated are less likely to get a covid infection than the unvaccinated. If the vaccinated get covid they are less likely to spread covid han the unvaccinated because they will have a lower average viral load compared to the average viral load of the unvaccinated.

Those who are less likely to contract a significant covid infection are less likely to host a mutation that increases the threat to both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
          Your post is correct.

What all the Vaxidiots forgot to consider, while they were tripping over themselves to get to Twitter, were those who never got infected... easy mistake to make when your information gathering process is biased - AKA you're an unscientific noob propagandist.

The reality is, this vaccine has been an absolute smashing success. And it's no surprise whatsoever that its protection wanes and a booster shot is required. Dr. Fauci said from the very start that, "Coronavirus infections do not historically convey durable immunity."

I mean, understanding this pandemic and how to protect oneself, has been about as straightforward as it gets as long as you weren't listening to Trump(ers) or any Conservative media outlet.

What's all the fuss about?

Comment

• VERY MILD SYMPTOMS. I bet you won't hear this reported by the fear mongers...

A South African doctor who was one of the first to suspect a different coronavirus strain among patients said on Sunday that symptoms of the Omicron variant were so far mild and could be treated at home.

Dr. Angelique Coetzee, a private practitioner and chair of South African Medical Association, told Reuters that on Nov. 18 she noticed seven patients at her clinic who had symptoms different from the dominant Delta variant, albeit "very mild".

Comment

• There are four possibilities with Omicron:

1) R0 > Delta, Severity > Delta = Bad: Another surge in cases and hospitalizations

2) R0 > Delta, Severity < Delta = Good: A weaker virus will snuff out delta and other more severe variants, and pass through society quicker than other variants did

3) R0 < Delta, Severity > Delta = Good: It will do damage early on -- locally to where it formed -- but fairly quickly lose out to Delta

4) R0 < Delta, Severity < Delta = Good: Why are we even discussing Omicron?

All four possibilities are very much in play.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                There are four possibilities with Omicron:

1) R0 > Delta, Severity > Delta = Bad: Another surge in cases and hospitalizations

2) R0 > Delta, Severity < Delta = Good: A weaker virus will snuff out delta and other more severe variants, and pass through society quicker than other variants did

3) R0 < Delta, Severity > Delta = Good: It will do damage early on -- locally to where it formed -- but fairly quickly lose out to Delta

4) R0 < Delta, Severity < Delta = Good: Why are we even discussing Omicron?

All four possibilities are very much in play.
                The least likely is #1. As mutations occur, they tend towards less severity and higher transmissibility.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The least likely is #1. As mutations occur, they tend towards less severity and higher transmissibility.
                  So the vast, vast bulk of mutations are junk and less transmissible (and therefore never even noticed). But I think you are referring to the mutations that actually make it to someone's radar? They do tend to "higher transmissibility" -- or at least comparable -- because that's the only way they survive long enough to be noted.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Merck's covid pill doesn't seem to be the "game changer" that the media first made it out to be. From https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/me...132542917.html

Merck’s latest trial results, reported Friday from a larger population than its initial study, show that its pill reduced the risk of hospitalization or death among adults with mild to moderate disease by 30%. That was less than a previous estimate of 48%.

Staff at the Food and Drug Administration, meanwhile, called the pill, molnupiravir, effective for individuals at increased risk for severe disease. But they raised questions about whether the treatment could cause birth defects, as well as bone and cartilage toxicity and genetic mutations. The staff also cited possible resistance to the drug, which occurs when viruses and bacteria evolve to blunt or defeat a drug’s mechanism of attack.

The documents published Friday by the FDA are meant to spur discussion in a meeting next week of advisers to the agency, which will then determine whether to authorize molnupiravir for emergency use.
                    The advisers meet tomorrow - November 30 - to decide whether or not to authorize it.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Man, the authoritarians struck gold with this thing. It's never going away.

Ever.

In 10 years, you'll be hearing about some new strain that gives people the willies for 2 seconds.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Will that be the Delta 3 Variant?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Man, the authoritarians struck gold with this thing. It's never going away.

Ever.

In 10 years, you'll be hearing about some new strain that gives people the willies for 2 seconds.
                          I can live with the Willies as long as it stays away from my Willy.

Comment

Will that be the Delta 3 Variant?
                            I would call it the Delta Bravo variant, but I'm pretty sure a large portion of the population has it already and there is no cure.

queue the response:

"Yeah, it's all the anti-vaxxer Trumpers that don't want the government to force corporations to threaten employees with their jobs"

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I can live with the Willies as long as it stays away from my Willy.
                              But do you? Did you know that .0000000000001% of the population dies every century from a bout of the willies? Just think if you were on a cliff and got the willies..... dead. We will ban standing within 100 yards of any dropoff higher than 5 feet for starters. Probably should ban driving too.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the Tri Lambda variant at some point down the road. That one should be fun and change a lot of peoples perceptions.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X