Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    No was scheduled this week but this popped up.
    Good luck to you! Take some meds. Rest up!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Thanks. I’m not too worried yet. Not being able to taste or smell is the weird part. And trusting a fart is a bad idea for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Thanks. I’m not too worried yet. Not being able to taste or smell is the weird part. And trusting a fart is a bad idea for the foreseeable future.
        As you get older, Never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This getting old **** happens fast.

Comment

Thanks. I’m not too worried yet. Not being able to taste or smell is the weird part. And trusting a fart is a bad idea for the foreseeable future.
            Really interested in how the antibodies treatment goes, if you're interested in sharing. Get well my friend.

Comment

• I will update. My sister says it’s very effective and minimal side effects. She did say that it’s pricey but we have really good insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Really interested in how the antibodies treatment goes, if you're interested in sharing. Get well my friend.
                I have a friend that was on deaths door with it until he got the infusion. Three days later he was back working.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I have a friend that was on deaths door with it until he got the infusion. Three days later he was back working.
                  Interesting. I read that only those 65 or older or have certain potentially "at risk" conditions, but have only mild to moderate symptoms for less than 10 days are eligible to receive treatment. Not sure why on the symptoms, but that's what it said.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Interesting. I read that only those 65 or older or have certain potentially "at risk" conditions, but have only mild to moderate symptoms for less than 10 days are eligible to receive treatment. Not sure why on the symptoms, but that's what it said.
                    Who put that out? Our community clinics are giving them out like free money at an Oprah show.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Who put that out? Our community clinics are giving them out like free money at an Oprah show.

https://www.medstarhealth.org/mhs/ab...-for-patients/

Who may be eligible to receive monoclonal antibody treatment?

Patients with positive COVID-19 results who are 12 years of age or older and who have had mild to moderate symptoms for less than 10 days are eligible to receive the treatment.

Treatment is NOT authorized for patients who are:
                      • Hospitalized or require oxygen therapy due to COVID-19
                      • On chronic oxygen therapy who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow due to COVID-19

The COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) ended at the end of the day on May 11, 2023. View Infectious diseases for a list of waivers and flexibilities that were in place during the PHE.Review this page for information about Medicare payment for administering monoclonal antibodies during and after the PHE.

The FDA authorized the use of these monoclonal antibody therapies to treat mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients when both of these apply:
                      • The patient has a positive COVID-19 test result
                      • The patient is at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19, hospitalization, or both

Comment

gotta go on feel more than scent

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

https://www.medstarhealth.org/mhs/ab...-for-patients/

Who may be eligible to receive monoclonal antibody treatment?

Patients with positive COVID-19 results who are 12 years of age or older and who have had mild to moderate symptoms for less than 10 days are eligible to receive the treatment.

Treatment is NOT authorized for patients who are:
                          • Hospitalized or require oxygen therapy due to COVID-19
                          • On chronic oxygen therapy who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow due to COVID-19

The COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) ended at the end of the day on May 11, 2023. View Infectious diseases for a list of waivers and flexibilities that were in place during the PHE.Review this page for information about Medicare payment for administering monoclonal antibodies during and after the PHE.

The FDA authorized the use of these monoclonal antibody therapies to treat mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients when both of these apply:
                          • The patient has a positive COVID-19 test result
                          • The patient is at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19, hospitalization, or both
                          This is a wide range of people and open to physicians interpretation and facility policy. If you are at Nebraska Medicine and positive for covid, you're getting the infusion.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

gotta go on feel more than scent
                            Really, all of your sensory processes need to come into play. Let's say you are at the local fish market, you want to see, smell, touch and really get a good feel. If you can see, but not smell, you are at a great disadvantage. And its not just touching, you need to get your fingers into the product. It could look good, smell good and feel great at the first touch, but you need to get your fingers deep into the case of fish to really know how firm the flesh is. Otherwise, your tuna could look and smell good, but end up being disappointing.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Really, all of your sensory processes need to come into play. Let's say you are at the local fish market, you want to see, smell, touch and really get a good feel. If you can see, but not smell, you are at a great disadvantage. And its not just touching, you need to get your fingers into the product. It could look good, smell good and feel great at the first touch, but you need to get your fingers deep into the case of fish to really know how firm the flesh is. Otherwise, your tuna could look and smell good, but end up being disappointing.
                              Funny, but hardly a concern. Not an abundance of local fish markets here. Hell I didn’t know what seafood was supposed to taste like until we spent five days on the coast of Maine.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X