No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems to me that the only thing that has consistent data about slowing down whatever variant is the/a vaccine. Not masks, not shutdowns, not social distancing, not clorox, not hand sanitizer, not avoiding handshakes.

Comment

• This doesn’t even faze me. They get sick, they get better.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Seems to me that the only thing that has consistent data about slowing down whatever variant is the/a vaccine. Not masks, not shutdowns, not social distancing, not clorox, not hand sanitizer, not avoiding handshakes.
        It seems the vaccine does well at limiting symptoms, but not the spread. That’s the data I’ve seen.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It seems the vaccine does well at limiting symptoms, but not the spread. That’s the data I’ve seen.
          I hear what you are saying, but the vaccine also helps stop the spread - if others had the vaccine, then they are much less likely to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Infection cannot be contained at this point, children are getting sicker. In some parts of the country 10x more children are being admitted daily than earlier in the pandemic.
            What percent of those admissions are due to RSV versus Covid?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What percent of those admissions are due to RSV versus Covid?

Separate issue.

One state has 9 children on ventilators. Think about that for a moment...

A year ago most positive Covid tests in children were incidental while seeing the doctor for unrelated issues. Now they are coming in for Covid symptoms specifically. I don't know if the Delta strain is more intrinsically malevolent. Perhaps it's just the hyper-infectiousness being able to overwhelm some children's immune system.

Comment

• 9 children in one whole state?

Shut the entire country down. Shelter in place. Forever.

Comment

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/conser...om-coronavirus

Conservative Radio Host Who Mocked Vaccines Dies of COVID-19

A conservative radio host in Nashville who derided vaccines and spread misinformation about the coronavirus has died of COVID-19. Phil Valentine was 61.

Though Valentine downplayed the efficacy of vaccines and even went so far as to record a parody song mocking them, he reversed his opinion while in the hospital, advising his family members to get the jab.

He had said of the vaccine, “I have a very low risk of A) Getting COVID and B) dying of it if I do. Why would I risk getting a heart attack or paralysis by getting the vaccine?” He also said at the time that he had been taking the anti-parasite medication ivermectin, a drug that comes in different forms for animals and humans. The drug has recently been touted as a sort of COVID miracle cure by conservatives, despite no solid evidence it is effective against the virus and health officials sounding the alarm over people poisoning themselves with the animal version of the drug.
                  Sounds strangely familiar to the kind of chit chat you hear in this thread doesn't it?

Ignorance, Karma, and ultimately Charles Darwin came for this man's soul. The important question is, how many did he drag along with him? Answer: lots

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mississip...ears-in-prison

Mississippi orders coronavirus-infected individuals to isolate at home or face up to 5 years in prison

Mississippi's daily new cases are the highest they've been during the pandemic

The Mississippi State Department of Health issued an alert on Friday ordering any coronavirus-positive individuals to isolate for at least 10 days or face up to a 5-year prison sentence and a fine of up to $5,000.

The isolation order comes amid surging COVID-19 cases in Mississippi, as the 7-day average for new cases in the state reached 4,316 on Friday, nearly double the highest point during the second wave in January, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

Friday's order, issued by State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs, says that anyone "infected with COVID-19 must remain in the home or other appropriate residential location for 10 days from onset of illness."

Failure to obey the isolation order could results in a fine of $500 or imprisonment for six months. However, since COVID-19 is a life-threatening disease, those potential punishments go up to $5,000 or five years in prison or both, Dr. Dobbs wrote Friday.
                  Finally! Some health orders with teeth that I've been clamoring about for over a year. Taking a page right out of Australia's book. The disease of Covidiocy can last only so long. Eventually El Corona will bring the truth. Too little too late though. They're just trying to save their healthcare system now. Had this Red State, along with every other, done something similar w/ respect to quarantines, we'd be in a completely different situation today. No use crying over spilled milk. What's done is done.

Isn't it responsible for "Fair and Balanced" Fox News to report on such serious events? Actually lol... it's just a dog whistle aimed specifically at the LiBuRtY ScReeCHeRs. Expect protests and mask burning events in 3...2...

Absolutely repulsive.

Comment

• Friend of mine just got out of the hospital. He was double vaccinated. I dunno if he spread it to anyone else. Probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      9 children in one whole state?

Shut the entire country down. Shelter in place. Forever.
                      9 children on a ventilator in one day you moron. 50 hospitalized.

Someone got banned in this forum for slightly mocking the death of Rush Limbaugh. I wonder what happens to those who mock innocent children on life support?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Friend of mine just got out of the hospital. He was double vaccinated. I dunno if he spread it to anyone else. Probably.
                        What was his age and overall health? Was he severely overweight?

Comment

What was his age and overall health? Was he severely overweight?
                          72 and overweight

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

72 and overweight
                            The vast majority of those in Wichita's ICU's are overweight.

Comment

And that right there is much of the opposing point. I know I'm at high risk of becoming very ill if I get Covid. I've stayed home. I probably will for some time. I got vaxxed as soon as I could, and I hope it helps if I do get it.

But it's NOT everyone else's problem. It's mine. And I'm paying insurance to cover me if I do get ill. I don't want anyone to shut down because of my problems. I don't want anyone to wear a mask because of my problems. It's MY job to deal with me, not yours.

This was never going away. People that were saying to shut everything down and we can make this go away were and are wrong. We're going to have to deal with it. Now we have a vaccine that at least mitigates the symptoms effectively. We should be encouraging and bribing all people to get it while NOT shaming anyone or any group (something the left is obviously incapable of doing), we should be truthful about what the vaccine does and does not do (this has been a total cluster eff since day 1) and we should NOT hide people that aren't in serious jeopardy of developing serious symptoms. We are a LOT better at treating this disease. Get this vaccine approved for all (could be as soon as tomorrow, almost certainly this week) and get it to kids asap. Given the timing, somebody should have considered pushing back the start of schools until Sept 1 or maybe October 1 to give people time to vaccinated as many kids as they can/want. As a country/society, there was going to be a huge price to pay because of the relative poor health of our populace. That's just factual.

There is a big picture. And I've said this for years, as long as we pander to the lowest common denominator, as long as you continue to play the blame and shame game with an unreachable goal of zero infections and everyone lives to 100, this disaster will continue on and on.

Please talk to your doctor about getting the vaccine. If you're getting your info from a Washington based doctor, the news or a politician, you are making the wrong decision. If you feel safer with a mask, by all means, mask up. Mask up for life for all anyone cares. But do not force your choices on everyone else.

Comment

how many are vaccinated I wonder

Comment

Working...
                                X