Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I don't get it. What's this a reference to?
    Gottlieb
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Gottlieb
      Ahhhhh .... got it.

:)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Herd immunity doesn't mean it has or will become extinct, as you just implied.
        You probably should educate him on what "herd immunity" do make the virus extinct, it just breaks the paths of community spread so you no longer have a pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
          Left vs Right, Repub vs Democrat didn’t have one damned thing to do with my decision. The Democrats are assholes. Guess what, the Republicans are assholes too. Anyone making medical decisions based on politics are the biggest assholes of all.

Comment

• The Wichita Eagle had an article online that was based on what doctors at Wichita and surrounding hospitals talked about in a video last Friday with the chamber of commerce. It's a good video to listen to as you can hear the people at the hospitals explain the numbers and what's going on at the hospitals vs reading the Eagle's interpretation. Staff shortages are a big issue:

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

51% of people in the US fully vaxed.
              10% more with at least one vax.
              10% more with prior symptomatic infection.

That's 71% with antibodies and doesnt include asymptomatic prior infections or additional 2% unresolved cases.
              Covid-19 immunity durability is inconclusive thus far. Variants are clearly a problem.

Comment

So you're coming around to realizing he was wrong on Day 1. Who'da thought?

You know what I meant. :)

Comment

Herd immunity doesn't mean it has or will become extinct, as you just implied.
                  You just ASS-U-ME-d I implied that.

The herd immunity goal posts have been moving as new data continues to inform.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

The funny thing is the only unvaccinated people I know are liberal democrats. I know that isn't how it breaks out statistically, but there are a boatload of unvacvonated that spreads across the political spectrum. And before anyone argues otherwise, the single largest ethnic group of unvaccinated are African Americans. Statistically, African Americans vote Democrat.

We need to quit talking at a political level and stop blaming the other side.
                    https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

I don't see a race issue.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...es-is-growing/

I do on the other hand see a political issue.

I corrected this narrative several pages back. I'm not surprised nobody read it. Nearly all my posts are met with silence. Getting hit in the face w/ CB's sledgehammer of truth over and over again is bound to make a few posters uncooperative.

Comment

• Starting this fall, Canada's government will also require all federal workers to be vaccinated, citing a "dynamic public health situation" due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Canada Will Require All Air Travelers To Be Vaccinated In A Broad New Policy

All passengers and workers on commercial air flights in Canada will soon have to prove they've been vaccinated against the coronavirus. Canada's government will also require all federal workers to be vaccinated, citing a "dynamic public health situation" due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The new travel vaccination policy will apply to passengers and workers in the federally regulated air, rail and cruise ship sectors. It will be enacted "as soon as possible in the fall and no later than the end of October," the Canadian Treasury Board said on Friday.

"Canadians deserve to feel confident when traveling that the environment around them is safe," Transport Minister Omar Alghabra said. "We need to regain public confidence in travel" to help the industry that's been hobbled by the pandemic, he added.
                      Go Canada GOOO!

Comment

• Coronavirus data have always been incomplete—but the situation in America is particularly murky now.

THE MESSIEST PHASE OF THE PANDEMIC YET

Coronavirus data have always been incomplete—but the situation in America is particularly murky now.

The numbers are remarkable. More than 100 million people in the United States have likely been infected by SARS-CoV-2 and 167 million people are fully vaccinated. Yet despite this huge population of people with at least some level of immunity, the Delta variant has sent case and hospitalization numbers soaring. Florida is on its way to having twice as many people hospitalized now than during any previous wave, when essentially no one was vaccinated.

One way to think about it, as the epidemiologist Ellie Murray has laid out, is that if Delta is as transmissible as the CDC thinks, we need a much higher percentage of our population vaccinated for immunizations and natural infection alone to cause the virus to peter out. Even when the huge majority of people in a given place have gotten the coronavirus or a shot, there might still be outbreaks, as the Brown University public-health expert Ashish Jha fears will happen in South Dakota after the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

These realities have already smashed the more optimistic projections of late spring, including my own. Having stared at these numbers for months and months with the COVID Tracking Project at The Atlantic, I never thought that we’d see hospitalization numbers higher than they were during the winter peak in any state. But here we are.
                        Some good questions asked in this article.

Comment

• Kansas City hospitals turn away transfer patients as COVID-19 cases surge

University of Kansas Health System says it is full, only taking a fraction of patients from other states

"It's like standing in the Flint Hills and watching one of those fires start to burn. The wind's coming up, and the fire's coming at you, and you can't get away from it. That's where we are, and we need everyone's help," said Dr. Steven Stites, chief medical officer for the University of Kansas Health System.

Doctors stressed that more people need to get vaccinated and mask up to ease the burden on the health care system.
                          CB stands by ready to assist w/ tranq gun and syringe.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            You just ASS-U-ME-d I implied that.
                            "There's likely no lifetime immunity. You can stop the herd immunity countdown. That ship has sailed my friend."

Then explain what you meant.

Comment

"There's likely no lifetime immunity. You can stop the herd immunity countdown. That ship has sailed my friend."

Then explain what you meant.
                              There's a growing chance that Covid-19 herd immunity will never be achieved. Do we develop herd immunity from the cold every year? We don't. In fact you can catch the "same cold" twice (https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-upd...g-you-are-sick).

"Herd immunity is a form of indirect protection from infectious disease that can occur with some diseases when a sufficient percentage of a population has become immune to an infection, whether through vaccination or previous infections, thereby reducing the likelihood of infection for individuals who lack immunity."

We don't know what the sufficient percentage is, and we don't know if we are treading water (we likely are).

We already know that the vaccinated can (and do) become (re)infected quite easily regardless if they are symptomatic.

This pandemic has become all about getting as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible to save lives and ease the burden on hospitals. Covid-19 did not have to become endemic but it likely will now. This is the price of Covidiocy.

The good news is we didn't have to pay with millions upon millions of American lives. Had this been introduced to our shores as the Delta variant, we would likely have seen our healthcare system collapse. Thankfully we enjoyed batting practice w/ a much less infectious strain.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                There's a growing chance that Covid-19 herd immunity will never be achieved. Do we develop herd immunity from the cold every year? We don't. In fact you can catch the "same cold" twice.
                                Thank you for confirming what you implied is what you implied. Once again, Covid-19 doesn't have to be eradicated for us to have herd immunity. I don't think you meant to imply that, but taken to it's logical conclusion, that's what you are implying.

It's sufficient that Rt fall below 1.0 and stay there. The US may well be very, very close to having Covid-19's Rt dip below 1.0.

And like people with the flu, there's a decent chance you get nice durable immunity over many years if you are unfortunate enough to have a case of the Rona. Unlike Fauci's claim of fizzling out at 6 months, US DoD research has shown it's at least 12 months, and that was the limit of the prior infection they could test -- it could be much longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X