No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A (very) quick look on the web revealed (per macrotrends, for whatever that's worth) that the average age of life expectancy in the US is 78.99 years of age. That sounds reasonable enough to me, no matter the source.

I also believe this adorable meme is pretty accurate too:

AVERAGE.jpg

Something doesn't add up here.

Comment

• Did you read the fine print of the meme? It states in England and Wales.

From the Data from the CDC the average age of the 85+ group would have to be 104 years old to get us to 83 years old. Most likely we are around 76-77 years old.
      Last edited by jdmee; May 3, 2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be great if some journalist would actually ask the Nazi doctor, Mr. Fauci, the questions that matter? Since they don't, I went ahead and did it myself.

Comment

• That guy is completely out of his depth.

I cannot believe there is a person on earth today that still attempts to compare Covid to the flu. I mean, this is ignorance to the point of criminal.

And no documented cases of asymptomatic spread? LMFAO!

People like this, acting like an expert in a field he couldn't possibly understand in 3 lifetimes, disseminating information as if public health guidance, makes a great case for why the Internet should be destroyed. Too many morons are given too large a platform.

Comment

• The mantra of the left.......you don't know anything. I know everything and if I didn't look after you, you would not survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That guy is completely out of his depth.

I cannot believe there is a person on earth today that still attempts to compare Covid to the flu. I mean, this is ignorance to the point of criminal.

People like this, acting like an expert in a field he couldn't possibly understand in 3 lifetimes, disseminating information as if public health guidance, makes a great case for why the Internet should be destroyed. Too many morons are given too large a platform.
              Clod,
              According to the CDC, there are some differences, but there are lot's of similarities between the flu and Covid so the CDC compares these infections. If the CDC compares them, you must not be very much of an expert.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu...2C%20or%20talk.

Comment

I have a confession to make...

I had a hot date last night. Downtown was poppin'. We ate at Vora. Indoors. No mask. We ate well. We drank, we laughed, I dropped $150. Then we went to an "exclusive/secret" bar down the street. Never even knew it existed. No name on the door. No masks again of course. I had a great time. But later that night when I was lying in bed I started to feel really guilty. I promised myself I wouldn't participate in un-masked, indoor gatherings until daily infections got under 10k. I failed and that makes me a hypocrite.

It's been over a year since I've dined indoors publicly. It was quite thrilling. I went a little overboard. I just hope that nothing changes course with respect to the current trend in our country, because I want so bad for things to get back to normal.

I feel so sorry for India.

Lighten up Francis. You're vaccinated. Stop believing the scare hype being pushed up your backside by the left and live your life while taking any logically necessary safety precautions. Not a big deal. You've bought in to their fear mongering.

Unplug

Unite

Comment

• In June 2020, Ron Klain, who is now Biden's chief of staff, was saying that 20K COVID cases a day was a sign of Trump's "failed, feckless response."
                  Almost 3 months into Biden's term, US is averaging about 70K cases/day.

Comment

I think comparing C19 to the flu is the smart thing to do. You can compare and contrast their similarities and differences. Even Fauci compared it to the flu a year ago when testifying before Congress.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Ironically, you in a nutshell, but from the other side of the fence of course.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Definition of herd immunity

: a reduction in the risk of infection with a specific communicable disease (such as measles or influenza) that occurs when a significant proportion of the population has become immune to infection (as because of previous exposure or vaccination) so that susceptible individuals are much less likely to come in contact with infected individuals

Comment

• COVID hospitalizations rise in Sedgwick County, almost all were un-vaccinated

Hospitalizations from COVID-19 are on the rise in Sedgwick County, and officials say almost none of the patients were vaccinated against the disease, even though they were eligible.

The Sedgwick County Health Department on Monday reported 70 total COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to Ascension Via Christi and Wesley Healthcare officials. The 70 hospital patients is an increase of 25% from a week ago and 133% from April 5.

The Wichita hospitals reported 29 of the COVID-19 patients are in intensive care. The ICU number is up 45% from last week and 263% from April 5.
                          If the current two-week trend continues, Wichita ICUs would be full within three weeks.

The rise in hospitalizations coincides with worsening trends in the positive test rate and the rate of new cases, as well the emergence of coronavirus variants in the area.

“It’s obviously a concern that our positivity rate and our hospitalization rate have both climbed a little bit in the last couple of weeks,” Commissioner Jim Howell said. “I think one of the takeaways of this — that I think is maybe the most important part of the message here — is that virtually all of those that are hospitalized have not had the vaccine.”
                          The good news is, vaccines are still highly effective! The bad news is, we still have a ton of folks who are either uneducated on the issue, or miseducated on the issue.

We need more carrots and we need more sticks. Every infection that is allowed to happen is another opportunity for the virus to mutate into something that is harder to control.

1) Start setting up college campus vaccine centers that pay out an immediate $100.00 bonus for completed vaccinations. (maybe even do it for just one shot).

2) Doctors need to be trained on how to psychologically deprogram their patients from anti-vax B.S.

3) I would like to see some sort of cooperative effort amongst major retailers offering purchase discounts for patrons who show their vaccine card.

4) I would like to see all nations require Covid vaccinations prior to travelers entering/reentering their country.

5) I'm racking my brain for an effective/reasonable "stick". All schools requiring Covid vaccinations prior to enrollment would be a good start I think.

Comment

• False narrative...

While vaccine momentum might have slowed, there are 106 million people fully vaccinated in the US with 248 million doses having been given out. To say there are "tons" of folks is spreading disinformation.

Unplug...

Unite...

Comment

The good news is, vaccines are still highly effective! The bad news is, we still have a ton of folks who are either uneducated on the issue, or miseducated on the issue.
                              Actually Kansas is doing pretty well on the vaccination compared to the rest of the U.S. Kansas has vaccinated 50% of the available adult population. The weakness is with the minority black and hispanic democrats who are lagging in getting the vaccine.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X