No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigators: State research shows white, rural conservative Tennesseans most likely to not trust COVID-19 vaccine

“I hear a lot of people say that they believe the numbers are lies,” said Dunaway. “They believe the numbers aren’t real. So, that’s a lot of people up here.”

Tipton County residents are not alone in their skepticism.

The governor’s office recently hired a Knoxville-based marketing agency to find out who’s not getting vaccinated and why, so the state can try to “overcome the barriers associated with those who are rejecting or hesitant to get the COVID-19 vaccine.”

The agency interviewed more than 1,000 Tennesseans in March and April and found “white, conservative rural Tennesseans are the least willing to accept the vaccine and seem to have planted their heels in the sand.”

Tipton County is rural, majority white and conservative. Most voters chose President Trump in the 2020 election.
    “And it hasn’t helped with this election. So many of them did not trust the way the election went,” said Dunaway. “So now it’s like ‘you want us to trust the government some more?’”

Trust is a big factor in vaccine hesitancy, the research shows, with “white respondents for the most part claiming to trust no one!”

“There’s a fragility of trust issue that people are picking and choosing where they’re getting their information,” said Baker McCool, EMS program director for Dyersburg State Community College. “Plus, it’s a heavily politicized issue nationwide.”

On Saturdays, McCool leads mass vaccination events at the college’s Tipton County campus in Covington.

On April 17, McCool had 300 Moderna vaccine doses ready. Only 45 people showed up.

While polls nationwide show most people are willing to get the COVID-19 vaccine, when it comes to political ideology, Republicans are still less willing to get vaccinated.

The trend isn’t new. A paper published by the National Institutes of Health said in 2018 that “trust in science and trust in government is usually lower for conservatives than liberals.”
    The Trump Effect persists; confuse, divide, and propagandize.

What remains is a political party that has been made dumber. And guys like myself are left out in the cold listening to the "other side" more than they ever have in their lives.

I will not be a member of a political demographic whose worldview is based off conspiracies, fear, and ignorance.

Comment

• Wrong. You see a conclusion and work your way back. That's just wrong.

First, rural Tennessee is pretty much all white anyway. And, hold on to your hats.....rural folks tend to be the most conservative bunch around. I wonder why? Hint: Not because of Trump. They already were conservative.

Are you really going to fret over these people not wanting to get the vaccine? Hell, a lot of them rarely see anyone else. Why should they take the vaccine?

Keep telling them it's for the greater good. Keep TELLING them anything you want.....see how that works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        I will not be a member of a political demographic whose worldview is based off conspiracies, fear, and ignorance.

Then you will be a member of arrogant, disconnected, one rule, professional student, bleeding heart failures political demographic. (See how that wokes?) Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Then you will be a member of arrogant, disconnected, one rule, professional student, bleeding heart failures political demographic. (See how that wokes?) Congrats.
          I don't think so. That's why I'm on an island.

I would prefer to be a member of the logical, science-believing, compassionate, accountable, hard-working, law-abiding, inclusive (the real meaning) demographic.

Comment

Wrong. You see a conclusion and work your way back. That's just wrong.

First, rural Tennessee is pretty much all white anyway. And, hold on to your hats.....rural folks tend to be the most conservative bunch around. I wonder why? Hint: Not because of Trump. They already were conservative.

Are you really going to fret over these people not wanting to get the vaccine? Hell, a lot of them rarely see anyone else. Why should they take the vaccine?

Keep telling them it's for the greater good. Keep TELLING them anything you want.....see how that works out.
            White Trump voters are far and away the biggest group of anti-vaxxers out there. This is not up for debate. There's a reason Trump got "HIS" vaccine in privacy and never disclosed it until much later... and it's a despicable one.

Back to spinning for you.

Or you could just accept the facts and offer solutions.

And you better believe I'm going to fret over failure to reach herd immunity amidst the most dangerous pandemic in over a hundred years because of ignorance, lies, and politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              False narrative...

While vaccine momentum might have slowed, there are 106 million people fully vaccinated in the US with 248 million doses having been given out. To say there are "tons" of folks is spreading disinformation.

Unplug...

Unite...
              Yes.

The truth of the matter is the Government screwed up when they tried to be fair in the rollout.

What they should have done is go all hands on deck and take advantage of the desire. Every Walgreens, MEC, CVS...everywhere should have had the vaccine (once supply was geared up). They lost it when they wanted to make sure every 80 year got it before they allowed 70 year olds.

Imagine that....Government screwing something up and ignoring SCIENCE in favor of fairness.

The vaccine is running it's course, just like the virus. Peaks and valleys. Just like expected, and science. NOT Government.

Comment

I don't think so. That's why I'm on an island.

I would prefer to be a member of the logical, science-believing, compassionate, accountable, hard-working, law-abiding, inclusive (the real meaning) demographic.
                The one who believes in Science so much, they say that children can't go to school even though the Science says they can, but their AFT Union says they can't so the CDC bows down to them? The one who believe in Science so much that even though it says that vaccinated people can be around other vaccinated people without masks, but they (President Biden) wear a mask anyway.

You are really logical and a believer in Science, Clod. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually Kansas is doing pretty well on the vaccination compared to the rest of the U.S. Kansas has vaccinated 50% of the available adult population. The weakness is with the minority black and hispanic democrats who are lagging in getting the vaccine.
                  Facts. Unplug and Unite.

Comment

Excellent.

When you're ready, there's room for you here. We'll welcome you with open arms, as we always have.

And I will agree, we all will benefit from more accountability. ALL of us.

Comment

• Lots of misinformation and spittle flying from mouths, but no solutions. A need to unplug is still real.

Educate yourselves brethren:

As Colorado reaches its saturation point of having enough COVID-19 vaccines for people who want them, new Colorado polling continues to show a political divide in who wants to get them.

Comment

Excellent.

When you're ready, there's room for you here. We'll welcome you with open arms, as we always have.

And I will agree, we all will benefit from more accountability. ALL of us.
                        Who's "we"? You sure as **** aren't talking about people who still support Trump. Those are the brainwashed living dead. If there's another camp, my ears are open.

Comment

Lots of misinformation and spittle flying from mouths, but no solutions. A need to unplug is still real.

As Colorado reaches its saturation point of having enough COVID-19 vaccines for people who want them, new Colorado polling continues to show a political divide in who wants to get them.

What does Colorado have to do with Kansas - they are just a bunch of transplanted California pot-heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

What does Colorado have to do with Kansas - they are just a bunch of transplanted California pot-heads.
                            When on earth was I talking about only Kansas? That was your strawman.

There are TONS of unvaccinated folks remaining and we need at least half of them to get vaccinated.

Comment

• From this map it appears that major metro areas of the country where population is more dense seem to have above average vaccinations. Isn't that kind of the point? Who cares if billy bob in rural arkansas doesn't get his vaccine when the vast majority of people in major population centers have theirs? Again, Cold you are spreading false narratives and disinformation just like your heroes at CNN and MSDNC.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday about 147.9 million people have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, including about 106.2 million people who have been fully vaccinated by Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine or the two-dose series made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.

More than 56 percent of adults have received at least one shot.

Unplug...

Unite...

Don't fear monger...

Comment

Lots of misinformation and spittle flying from mouths, but no solutions. A need to unplug is still real.

Notice that there is a correlation in geography and vaccines? Maybe that’s the more important correlation than politics. Statistics 101, and you failed.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X