Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I was going to tell a covid joke but I realized most of you won't get it.
    Okay, that's funny!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I was going to tell a covid joke but I realized most of you won't get it.

Comment

• Rejoice! I come to Shockernet with glad tidings! Today I appear before you not as the Death Angel for once, but as the dove.

Never have I been so encouraged throughout this whole pandemic as I am today!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/lasti...on-studies-say

A series of new studies have revealed signs of strong and lasting immunity in people who developed a mild coronavirus infection, according to a report on Sunday.

The studies, which have yet to be peer-reviewed, uncovered that antibodies and immune cells capable of recognizing the virus were apparently present months after infections concluded. The findings could help to eliminate the previous concerns over whether the virus could trick the immune system into having a poor memory of prior infections.

“This is exactly what you would hope for,” Marion Pepper, an immunologist at the University of Washington who authored one of the new studies told the New York Times. “All the pieces are there to have a totally protective immune response.”
        This is legit folks. This is not speculation. What this means for all of us is, we are absolutely gaining ground on this insidious alien virus with each successive infection. Sure, one could ASSume immunity was robust enough, but there were lots of questions from very smart people on whether or not one's immunity response is directly related to the severity of coronavirus infection. Some even wondered aloud if young asymptomatic carriers could keep getting reinfected on very short cycles. No harm to themselves, but a walking biological weapon facilitating the complete spread of this insidious alien... (you know the rest).

My advice remains the same though: Do Not contract this virus if you can help it. I am convinced we will have a syndrome of sorts to deal with well into the future. Many people have gone months without fully recovering; some are looking at years (or maybe never) from being fully free of post-recovery therapy.

But now you can rest in your beds at night knowing all the inconsiderate morons in the bars/parties/beaches/churches/theaters/campaign rallies/etc. are - AT LEAST - contributing to the goal of eradicating this plague from our day to day lives - albeit in a very dull ax sort of way...

So now we have: 1) Predictions of a very effective vaccine (possibly in the 90% range), and 2) Robust immunological response after mild coronavirus infections.

It's all downhill from here. Maybe literally if you get infected - so don't! But yeah... glad tidings indeed.

Have a great Monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Rejoice! I come to Shockernet with glad tidings! Today I appear before you not as the Death Angel for once, but as the dove.

This is legit folks. This is not speculation. What this means for all of us is, we are absolutely gaining ground on this insidious alien virus with each successive infection. Sure, one could ASSume immunity was robust enough, but there were lots of questions from very smart people on whether or not one's immunity response is directly related to the severity of coronavirus infection. Some even wondered aloud if young asymptomatic carriers could keep getting reinfected on very short cycles. No harm to themselves, but a walking biological weapon facilitating the complete spread of this insidious alien... (you know the rest).

My advice remains the same though: Do Not contract this virus if you can help it. I am convinced we will have a syndrome of sorts to deal with well into the future. Many people have gone months without fully recovering; some are looking at years (or maybe never) from being fully free of post-recovery therapy.

But now you can rest in your beds at night knowing all the inconsiderate morons in the bars/parties/beaches/churches/theaters/campaign rallies/etc. are - AT LEAST - contributing to the goal of eradicating this plague from our day to day lives - albeit in a very dull ax sort of way...

So now we have: 1) Predictions of a very effective vaccine (possibly in the 90% range), and 2) Robust immunological response after mild coronavirus infections.

It's all downhill from here. Maybe literally if you get infected - so don't! But yeah... glad tidings indeed.

Have a great Monday!
          Looks like CVS opened their pharmacy again
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Rejoice! I come to Shockernet with glad tidings! Today I appear before you not as the Death Angel for once, but as the dove.

Have a great Monday!
            Shouldn’t we wait until GodFauciGod decides what’s good and what’s bad before we go dancing into the streets?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So.....if we didn't panic about repeat contractions from 5 people around the world that SAID they got the virus again......we're good?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Shouldn’t we wait until GodFauciGod decides what’s good and what’s bad before we go dancing into the streets?
                Kung Wu Is there a way I can like this about 10000 times?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Kung Wu Is there a way I can like this about 10000 times?
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    So.....if we didn't panic about repeat contractions from 5 people around the world that SAID they got the virus again......we're good?
                    Yes, we have "definitive" (not peer-reviewed) science indicating (for the first time) that all these insidious asymptomatic infectees should have robust immune protection of some sort, for enough of a period of time to be helpful. A few reinfections here and there will not alter the ultimate goal which is herd immunity.

The goal always has been and always will be, herd immunity.

Now all these young cocksuckers in the bars who are spreading the virus like wildfire, should be removed from the problem after they've cleared the infection.

BUT! This speaks nothing to their selfish actions that absolutely will (and have) killed many, many people. The news I have posted should not in any way encourage everybody to go hit Teh Sizzler tonight and stick their pudgy little fingers in the chocolate fountain.

This is a happy day, but we are FAR from making it through this **** show. The upcoming Fall period could be the worst this country has ever seen. BUT... at least we can confidently say now that ALL those infected, are going to act as little shields in the future. Maybe that reality saves a thousand, ten thousand, a hundred thousand lives. Who knows.

Now, there still is a chance that the robust immunity period is only good for 3-6 months. But by then we'll be moving into the vaccine era and I can start arguing with all the anti-vaxxers. *sigh*

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...ine-poll-finds

JFC people are retarded...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

No need. Dr. Fauci is a scientist. I shared with you science.

But maybe you need to hear it from Tucker Carlson first...

Comment

No need. Dr. Fauci is a scientist. I shared with you science.

But maybe you need to hear it from Tucker Carlson first...
                        A perfectly reasonable response from a self-proclaimed conservative.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ......and suddenly I personally know a dozen people who have the China virus

Comment

• UNC-Chapel Hill goes to remote learning after 135 COVID-19 cases within week of starting classes

Comment

Have a great Monday!
                              This made me laugh.

Livin the dream

Comment

• I will share Cold’s optimism. We should rejoice that 135 students that are statistically unlikely to have any health consequences have become infected. If only they had waited for the number to reach 13,500 before shutting down school.

On a side note, I wonder if the tutors that are doing the work will be allowed to submit the work directly to the professor or if they will have to route it through the student?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X