Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this a couple pages back

"It's the flu is more obvious now".

Since when, since 1918, has the flu killed 600,000 Americans in a little over a year. An argument can be made that some of those people would have died from underlying conditions. The fact is that they didn't until they contracted covid.

Now I heard a report on KAKE that someone 29 years old got covid in Kingman and the closest hospital that would take a covid patient was in Denver. That person died.

If you want to see more than 2,500 to 5,000 people in CKA this fall and winter, you should do your best to convince everybody you know to get their shots and mask up so we can get covid under control before basketball starts up. There's a possibility none of this year's Fr will ever see a full CKA.

The 3 population groups with the lowest vaccination rates are (in no particular order) African-Americans, Hispanics, and Republicans. The large majority of my Republican friends are fully vaccinated. Party affiliation is implied in vaccination rates, but that seems to be coincidental rather than a cause-effect relationship. There's something other than party affiliation driving vaccinaction rates.

I've run into CDC reports that 99.99% of vaccinated people who get a breakthrough case do not develop conditions resulting in hospitalization. That's 1 out of 10,000 vaccinated people with a breakthrough case end up in the hospital. That's some damn fine odds.

I've run into nothing about breakthrough cases among people who've previously contacted covid. Anybody have any stats on recurrence and severity of recurrence among those who've contacted covid.

Comment

• A concern that's been brought to my attention. This is from one of my far-right leaning friends. When I've ridden with him the radio has been on Rush Limbaugh.

He's found sources that say even asymptomatic cases can result in dementia due to effects on the brain that are not immediately noticed but have long-term implications.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        Saw this a couple pages back

"It's the flu is more obvious now".

Since when, since 1918, has the flu killed 600,000 Americans in a little over a year. An argument can be made that some of those people would have died from underlying conditions. The fact is that they didn't until they contracted covid.

Now I heard a report on KAKE that someone 29 years old got covid in Kingman and the closest hospital that would take a covid patient was in Denver. That person died.

If you want to see more than 2,500 to 5,000 people in CKA this fall and winter, you should do your best to convince everybody you know to get their shots and mask up so we can get covid under control before basketball starts up. There's a possibility none of this year's Fr will ever see a full CKA.

The 3 population groups with the lowest vaccination rates are (in no particular order) African-Americans, Hispanics, and Republicans. The large majority of my Republican friends are fully vaccinated. Party affiliation is implied in vaccination rates, but that seems to be coincidental rather than a cause-effect relationship. There's something other than party affiliation driving vaccinaction rates.

I've run into CDC reports that 99.99% of vaccinated people who get a breakthrough case do not develop conditions resulting in hospitalization. That's 1 out of 10,000 vaccinated people with a breakthrough case end up in the hospital. That's some damn fine odds.

I've run into nothing about breakthrough cases among people who've previously contacted covid. Anybody have any stats on recurrence and severity of recurrence among those who've contacted covid.
        its more like the flu. Here’s why:

1. It will be seasonal. It isn’t going away.
        2. We have a vaccine that greatly increases your odds of survival.
        3. It has similar symptoms.

Try to keep up.
        Livin the dream

Comment

A concern that's been brought to my attention. This is from one of my far-right leaning friends. When I've ridden with him the radio has been on Rush Limbaugh.

He's found sources that say even asymptomatic cases can result in dementia due to effects on the brain that are not immediately noticed but have long-term implications.
          When was this? Rush died in February. Also, that’s total BS as there are no long term studies.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

When was this? Rush died in February. Also, that’s total BS as there are no long term studies.
            It’s now The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It’s now The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show.
              Does he really listen to this or was it a ruse to get us to think he really listens? AND, I wonder if his friend wears a mask while riding in a car in close quarters. I thought all of his friends expected mask wearing because of the virus. He probably sent out another letter demanding that while riding together, they wear masks.

Comment

As of two days ago in Sedgwick County there are 30 covid patients in ICU with 18 additional ICU beds configured for covid patients available.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Also, that’s total BS as there are no long term studies.
                  And this here is what most people I know that haven't gotten it talk about.

As I say, odds are it's fine. But you just don't know as the studies aren't there so it's hard to blame those people for still being hesitant.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

As of two days ago in Sedgwick County there are 30 covid patients in ICU with 18 additional ICU beds configured for covid patients available.
                    Correct. If someone from Kingman went to Denver, the reason was ancillary to Covid. It was by choice or due to specific comorbidities. .
                    Livin the dream

Comment

There are so many questions regarding long term affects that we still don't know too. We know the vaccine protects, but in addition to the question that Sub brought up, are questions regarding how long immunity or antibodies last if one has had the virus already, and while there is some data that those who have had the virus, plus the vaccine are "super immune" (protected? or immune isn't known yet), there isn't the data on how long they are protected.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And this here is what most people I know that haven't gotten it talk about.

As I say, odds are it's fine. But you just don't know as the studies aren't there so it's hard to blame those people for still being hesitant.
                        This was about SPECIFIC long term effects of the virus, not the vaccine.

Any long term effects from the virus and the vaccine are totally unknown. Having existential angst about either is totally normal and will shape your opinion about your personal choices. No issues here…it’s a belief that can not yet be proven or disproven.

My issue is calling out SPECIFIC consequences that may occur if you chose X or Y. That’s BS.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There are so many questions regarding long term affects that we still don't know too. We know the vaccine protects, but in addition to the question that Sub brought up, are questions regarding how long immunity or antibodies last if one has had the virus already, and while there is some data that those who have had the virus, plus the vaccine are "super immune" (protected? or immune isn't known yet), there isn't the data on how long they are protected.
                          Totally agree. What’s your stance on the validity of this scientific statement, “even asymptomatic cases can result in dementia due to effects on the brain that are not immediately noticed but have long-term implications.”
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• I've heard from experts that long term affects of getting Covid may lead to erectile dysfunction for those over 65. It also could lead to death at some point in the future for people who tested positive. This is not a virus to take lightly.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Also, that’s total BS as there are no long term studies.
                              So............ give us the results for folks 5 years after the vaccine.....

Comment

Totally agree. What’s your stance on the validity of this scientific statement, “even asymptomatic cases can result in dementia due to effects on the brain that are not immediately noticed but have long-term implications.”
                                Doctors Marc Siegel and I think that Dr. Marty McKary mentioned that there were studies that there anti-bodies were a real thing that the government is not bringing up, and they mentioned several times that there was "super immunity" powers from people who had the virus and were vaccinated (I think once Vandy was mentioned as conducting the study).

Comment

Working...
                                X