Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Kelly said. “When the pandemic first started a year and a half ago, we didn’t know what we know now (vaccines are available and they work). Now we know how to slow the spread and how to stop the virus. I would rather we implement those procedures rather than other things that we implemented a year and a half ago (masks) because it was the only thing we knew to do at the time. We know differently now.”

From the Eagle today. Gov. Kelly knows how to stop the virus. I hope she doesn't keep that information to herself.

****ing brain dead libtard.
    Kelly announced yesterday that she was not going to issue another mask mandate. What you quoted was part of that announcement. Without the context of no new mask mandate, it can be seen as not telling what she knows or meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I bet if you polled all the participants in this forum, 90% of them will say they have been vaccinated. So, I'm not really sure what the point of this sentence is, other than trying to create divisiveness that really isn't there and/or to make you feel better about yourself.
      He is attempting to be a countervailing force against Covidiocy, as am I. His points are logical and appropriately snarky.

This thread has been a very odd dichotomy to say the least.

You'll have a poster who says that he's vaxed, wears a mask, and hunkers in his home because getting Covid would be a death sentence to him (he thinks). Then in his next sentence, he'll call anybody and everybody who is working to save his and others' lives a Libtard/Authoritarian.

Sometimes I wonder if everybody in here is just pretending to be a Covidiot as part of an elaborate troll. That would be impressive!

The death total continues to rise though. This pandemic is not a joke to a lot of very smart people.

Comment

• I think we've had enough of the fake news and spin. The vaccine does not stop the virus. It DOES effectively stop really bad outcomes in a great percentage of users. We all know that.

If we could STOP having politicians and media acting like doctors, and doctors acting like gods and politicians, we'd all be in a better place.

And for those decrying the unvaxxed and the toll they are taking on the healthcare system, where is your outrage with the harm smoking causes? A COMPLETELY and 1000% PREVENTABLE problem? Something that has killed and will kill millions upon millions more than Covid-19? (I won't even get started on drug abuse, obesity and alcoholism).

Where are the doctors with their condemnation of being overworked on these cases that are far, far greater in number every single year? Something NOT in question, NOT debatable and completely avoidable, unlike Covid-19.

President BIden has done nothing to bring the country together in the battle against this, and you know it. He's a career politician who very well may be mentally compromised. And while you can say what you want about 1/6, if he is the SLIGHTEST impaired (they won't tell us or test him) then we've been living through a coup for 7+ months, and that's a REAL attack on Democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I think we've had enough of the fake news and spin. The vaccine does not stop the virus. It DOES effectively stop really bad outcomes in a great percentage of users. We all know that.
          No one ever said the vaccine would prevent all infections. The question was always met with "I don't know." No one even expected the vaccine to be 95% effective. Everyone expected the vaccine benefits to diminish in time. Few expected it to happen this quickly, but most ID scientists are familiar with coronavirus's notorious lack of eliciting durable immunity.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          If we could STOP having politicians and media acting like doctors, and doctors acting like gods and politicians, we'd all be in a better place.
          In my opinion, the Democrats have been regurgitating the advice of doctors and experts (which is what you're supposed to do). And it's been the Republicans who have acted like doctors prescribing their own treatments and questioning experts who have forgotten more about disease than these poor, confused souls will ever know.

And for those decrying the unvaxxed and the toll they are taking on the healthcare system, where is your outrage with the harm smoking causes? A COMPLETELY and 1000% PREVENTABLE problem? Something that has killed and will kill millions upon millions more than Covid-19? (I won't even get started on drug abuse, obesity and alcoholism).
          Smoking, alcohol, drug abuse, and obesity are very different from a time-senstive, and potentially devastating event like a once in a 100 year pandemic.

I believe the Libertarians should be excoriating you in 3..2..1 for even suggesting the government tell you what to do with your body.

Pandemics are unpredictable and different. Just like war.

Where are the doctors with their condemnation of being overworked on these cases that are far, far greater in number every single year? Something NOT in question, NOT debatable and completely avoidable, unlike Covid-19.
          Healthcare workers are frustrated because they are being traumatized by a virus that is draining all their resources and filling the morgue like nothing they've seen before. They are REALLY frustrated because a vaccine exists to literally stop it all overnight. They would share the same frustration about alcohol and drugs if a vaccine existed for those as well.

President BIden has done nothing to bring the country together in the battle against this, and you know it. He's a career politician who very well may be mentally compromised. And while you can say what you want about 1/6, if he is the SLIGHTEST impaired (they won't tell us or test him) then we've been living through a coup for 7+ months, and that's a REAL attack on Democracy.
          WTF!?

Comment

• BIG NEWS!

Give me a sec to type it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

We will all pay for the costs of hospitalizing those who refuse to protect themselves. I think those who refuse vaccinations should have some skin in the game and have some financial liability for their decision, instead of asking the rest of us to cover their medical expenses.
              If you really believe this then I propose that all overweight (near obese or over) have skin in the game. You'd probably have 60% + of the population paying their true fair share. They are also a large group that are causing much of the Covid costs (and deaths under 65). Not going to fact check all this, but if you disagree, you can do that and prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It's the vaccine brother! Literally all the people dying in the hospitals are not vaccinated.

And for those not vaccinated: social distancing and masking.

She may be a Libtard, but repeating scientific best practices in a pandemic does not make her one.

Depoliticizing Covid-19 begins with each one of us. We can choose to not engage in the political rhetoric.
                You are the BIGGEST politicizer of this pandemic. There’s not even a close second.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• https://www.axios.com/israeli-corona...a8c3b9970.html

Israeli coronavirus vaccine booster data gives the U.S. hope

Preliminary Israeli data shows that coronavirus booster shots quickly spike a person's protection against both severe disease and infection, suggesting that the additional shots could help blunt the virus' spread in the U.S. — although it's very unclear how much.

Why it matters: The Biden administration has said that the main rationale for its booster push is to stay ahead of any waning of the vaccines' effectiveness against severe disease. But slowing the spread of the Delta variant would be a welcome bonus.
                  Driving the news: A preprint study recently released by Israeli researchers found that, in the real world, adults who received a third Pfizer shot saw their risk of confirmed infection drop by 11.4-fold after 12 days or more, and their risk of severe disease drop by more than 10-fold.
                  • Israel was the first nation in the world to offer booster shots to its population, beginning with older adults.
                  • The study included more than a million people who were 60 or older, and the authors argue that it "demonstrates the effectiveness of a third vaccine dose in both reducing transmission and severe disease."
                  • More data is needed to confirm the study's results, which have not yet been peer-reviewed, experts cautioned. One particular limitation of this study is that people who receive a booster may be more risk-averse to begin with.
                  What they're saying: “The main takeaway message from Israel is there’s a short-term positive effect of boosts on both infection and severe disease," said a senior Biden administration official, adding that the Israeli government recently briefed members of the president's coronavirus team on their data.
                  • “I never thought of vaccines as short-term. This changes that paradigm. Again, the jury is out, but Israel is making that case," the official added.

Yes, but: Everyone getting a booster shot is, by definition, vaccinated. The U.S. doesn't have good data on how many cases are occurring among vaccinated Americans, but most cases appear to be among unvaccinated people.
                  • Without knowing what contribution the vaccinated are currently making to the spread of the virus or the U.S. caseload, it's impossible to know how much each could be reduced by giving those people a booster shot.
                  • Giving a first round of shots to the unvaccinated would be a much more effective way of limiting spread. But ineligible children make up a large chunk of this population, along with vaccine-resistant adults who, thus far, have been unpersuadable.

The bottom line: The U.S. may start offering booster shots to members of the general population in a few weeks. Data like this, despite its limitations, may be our best window — at least for now — into what the effect of the U.S. effort could be.
                  It's been 9 days now since I LiEd to the vet tech and got my Moderna booster. I am literally shitting antibodies at this very moment. Maybe I'll head out to Da Club this weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Maybe 95%. Heck 100% wouldn't surprise me.
                    99%. I’m not. I can post a myriad of excuses, but it comes down to only being available 1 day a week 40 miles away and I’m too lazy/busy to put out that effort. I’m not anti vaccine and I encouraged my wife to go get it. I just don’t have time. Winter is coming.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If you really believe this then I propose that all overweight (near obese or over) have skin in the game. You'd probably have 60% + of the population paying their true fair share. They are also a large group that are causing much of the Covid costs (and deaths under 65). Not going to fact check all this, but if you disagree, you can do that and prove me wrong.
                      Imagine how much cheaper health insurance would be if we simply excluded drinkers, smokers, the obese, and pregnant women. Are they each also NOT personal decisions? Obesity is a gray area, but the other three ain't.

Heck of a novel idea... derp.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

99%. I’m not. I can post a myriad of excuses, but it comes down to only being available 1 day a week 40 miles away and I’m too lazy/busy to put out that effort. I’m not anti vaccine and I encouraged my wife to go get it. I just don’t have time. Winter is coming.
                        To be honest, you're probably at greater risk if you DO become vaxxed than if you don't.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

To be honest, you're probably at greater risk if you DO become vaxxed than if you don't.
                          I got a script for Hydroxycloroquine and can get a script for Ivermectin if I want. I am also qualified to administer IM injections but they won’t let me administer to myself.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            It's been 9 days now since I LiEd to the vet tech and got my Moderna booster. I am literally shitting antibodies at this very moment. Maybe I'll head out to Da Club this weekend...
                            Just because you lied on a federal form to get a booster shot that hasn't been released yet, doesn't mean you can't spread the virus. Why would you put other people at risk unnecessarily? Is obtaining a federal ID under false pretenses (in this case a CDC issued doctored vaccination card) a felony?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I got a script for Hydroxycloroquine and can get a script for Ivermectin if I want. I am also qualified to administer IM injections but they won’t let me administer to myself.
                              LoL!

Promoted by conservative talk show hosts, politicians and even some physicians as an effective treatment for covid-19, the medication has soared in popularity despite having no proven anti-viral benefits — and also some clear harms.

Comment

Just because you lied on a federal form to get a booster shot that hasn't been released yet, doesn't mean you can't spread the virus. Why would you put other people at risk unnecessarily? Is obtaining a federal ID under false pretenses (in this case a CDC issued doctored vaccination card) a felony?
                                LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X