Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Check out Independence, Ks. for instance.
    I don't have time to drive to independence. Can you go there and make a video of your evidence and then post it for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I don't have time to drive to independence. Can you go there and make a video of your evidence and then post it for us?
      Sometimes I feel like I'm conducting a seminar in a nursing home while everybody is playing bingo and drooling.

Comment

• Vaccinations progress

vacine.JPG

Comment

The fall surge (in America) is due to seasonal behavior changes and holiday gatherings. This fact is not being debated. The mutation is new on our shores. Any affect it has will be added to an already out-of-control situation.
          The viruses spread in the winter because of several factors related to the environment

1. Temperature and humidity is lower in the winter - this allows for viruses to be able to live longer on things like restaurant tables. In winter this could mean a week, while in higher temperature/humidity region the virus may only survive an hour.

2. The colder temperatures stresses (particularly the elderly) immune systems. We are are more susceptible to viral infections in the winter.

3. Micro-dust is more prevalent during the winter due to the lower pressure that helps keep the air stagnant and pollution nearer the ground (especially in the cities). The micro-dust get deeper into the lungs and if it is carrying Covid, then you get more severe infections.

4. In the cold with the lower humidity, it allows the droplets from a sneeze or a cough to become a finer aerosol, which will stay in the air longer and travel farther. In warmer weather we a talking about 6 ft that the droplets may travel with no mask. In the cold, dry environment - the droplets may travel 4x that distance up to 24 ft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Ha! I appreciate that Doc! The second Feverite arrived about 6 weeks ago. We don’t believe in stop gaps apparently.

She does indeed and I will pass the sentiments along to her. Thanks a lot!
            Congratulations on the birth of your second child. I'm glad you are staying at home with your kids for New Year's Eve.

Pretty impressive to have a kid in the middle of a pandemic. I bet as he/she grows up, they will be asking a lot of questions about what life was like during these times.

I had a new grandchild this year, but it was more like 6 months rather than 6 weeks ago. I've been pretty strict about locking down, but my daughter suggested we meet outside at her house (I suspect she's been pretty strict about locking down, too) and i was able to hold her for the first time last Sunday.

Now I'm back in lockdown again until the vaccine becomes available, which it is for my age/morbidity group now. I can sustain this for another 6-9 months, but I'm hoping that most of us will be out by mid-summer. I need to check on getting my shot scheduled, i've heard some people are getting dates as late as end of February. I'd be OK if I can get something by the end of March.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I keep hearing of these tales of people not wearing them in QT and can think of maybe one time in the last five months I’ve witnessed such an incident. This coming from somebody that is at that place 3-4 times per week.
              The few times I've been in a Wichita QT lately, I can't say I've seen anyone without a mask.

Now, in Hutch Kwik Shops (one in particular), a mask is a rare sight, even among employees. And that's with a mandate and sign on the doors saying masks are required. I do wear mine but since people are rarely in a convenience store for more than a few minutes and generally distanced, it doesn't bother me too much. But the damn employees shouldn't be violating their own rules. The ironic thing is that over the past month several of them have had a few days of being closed or resorting to reduced business hours due to employees either having Covid or being quarantined.

In a Hutch Dillons yesterday I saw one person not wearing a mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

The few times I've been in a Wichita QT lately, I can't say I've seen anyone without a mask.

Now, in Hutch Kwik Shops (one in particular), a mask is a rare sight, even among employees. And that's with a mandate and sign on the doors saying masks are required. I do wear mine but since people are rarely in a convenience store for more than a few minutes and generally distanced, it doesn't bother me too much. But the damn employees shouldn't be violating their own rules. The ironic thing is that over the past month several of them have had a few days of being closed or resorting to reduced business hours due to employees either having Covid or being quarantined.

In a Hutch Dillons yesterday I saw one person not wearing a mask.
                Dillon's has done an excellent job of enforcing the mask mandate. They will come right up to a customer and ask them to leave if they won't wear the free mask they are offered. To think that there are people still not wearing masks today is mind-blowing. But we are Americans and we live in a country that was founded on the principles of: leave me the **** alone. Nations thrive under those conditions except during times of national emergencies like war, natural disasters, and pandemics. In those times we need to band together like a family, like a team, because we are stronger together, than apart.

Comment

• Federal government data says Kansas ranks last among states in its reported COVID-19 vaccination rate.

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Federal government data says Kansas ranks last among states in its reported COVID-19 vaccination rate. State officials attribute the issue to a lag in reporting by providers of the shots. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that 12,164 people had received the first of two vaccine doses in Kansas as of Wednesday, or 418 for every 100,000 of its 2.9 million residents. The CDC said Kansas had administered less than 11% of the vaccine doses it had received. A state health department spokeswoman said Thursday that the vaccination numbers are not current because not all providers are fully trained on using a computer system for reporting inoculations.
                  We suck.

Comment

Agreed, we certainly suck at reporting data in a timely manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Agreed, we certainly suck at reporting data in a timely manner.
                      That's spin.

Comment

That's spin.
                        Spin? It literally says that’s why the numbers look the way they do in two of the five sentences. For whatever reason Kdhe still seems to rely on manual entry for all of their data like it’s 1995. So, as I previously stated, you are correct - we suck at reporting data in a timely manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Spin? It literally says that’s why the numbers look the way they do in two of the five sentences. For whatever reason Kdhe still seems to rely on manual entry for all of their data like it’s 1995. So, as I previously stated, you are correct - we suck at reporting data in a timely manner.
                          I know what it says sport...

Comment

• Not sure why you even posted that if you didn’t agree with the premise of it. Reading is hard.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Not sure why you even posted that if you didn’t agree with the premise of it. Reading is hard.
                              Reading is easy. It’s the comprehension part that gets overlooked far too often.

Comment

That's spin.
                                Based on what facts and science? Since that is what you always base your posts on right?

Comment

Working...
                                X