Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    What if I told you the ENTIRE COUNTRY of Sweden (population 10 million) has the exact same number of people in ICU beds as Sedgwick County (population 516,000)?
    How many is that?

I just got finished having a walk in the park with an old girlfriend that works up at St. Francis. She said originally the ER had 4 sections and Covid was assigned to one quarter. But recently Covid has taken over the entire ER. The ER has 39 beds and they are usually 70%+ filled with Covid and whatever else. They have also cleared an entire floor for patients that get admitted. The 5th floor currently has 63 beds and 43 of them have Covid patients.

There was also a rumor going around the hospital that the **** will hit the fan around September. I don't know if this is just silly rumors or if they know something we don't... perhaps just thinking about flu+Covid.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

How many is that?
      27 but that data is a week old and it's probably a bit more now in Sedgwick County.

Sweden has 27 patients in the ICU as well.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

How many is that?

I just got finished having a walk in the park with an old girlfriend that works up at St. Francis. She said originally the ER had 4 sections and Covid was assigned to one quarter. But recently Covid has taken over the entire ER. The ER has 39 beds and they are usually 70%+ filled with Covid and whatever else. They have also cleared an entire floor for patients that get admitted. The 5th floor currently has 63 beds and 43 of them have Covid patients.

There was also a rumor going around the hospital that the **** will hit the fan around September. I don't know if this is just silly rumors or if they know something we don't... perhaps just thinking about flu+Covid.

T

Your little anecdotes are weak and not believable in the slightest.

Comment

• One thing I have wondered about. Where are all of these people supposedly NOT wearing masks?? I go out just about every day (grocery store, church service, restaurant pick up, etc.) and I cannot remember a single time since the mask orders and recommendations took place that I didn't see 100% compliance. Maybe it is a media sensationalized thing?? No, couldn't possibly be right? Maybe it's a case of he very few times it happens it gets blown out of proportion and is not really a thing.

Comment

What if I told you the ENTIRE COUNTRY of Sweden (population 10 million) has the exact same number of people in ICU beds as Sedgwick County (population 516,000)?
            Keeping with this general point, I drive by Westurban every night on the way home from work and I was just thinking.. this is kind of a pre-school experiment. Now Cold will argue that outdoor interaction is different than indoors but don't tell me there isn't an exchange of particles between these youngsters in the dugout and on the field and then back to the parents. I was waiting for a surge in cases/hospitalizations throughout a lot of May into June and wrapping up into July. Nothing. The season is now over without a glitch. I have not heard about one incident involving corona from a youth sport league. Thought that was weird given the super contagiousness of the virus.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Your little anecdotes are weak and not believable in the slightest.
              You're right, I was not completely forthright, but I didn't feel the need to say she was my fiance'. But now you have full disclosure. :)

I don't lie btw. Ever. I'm the most honest guy you know...

What a coincidence! Doc met the smartest guy he knows today and you met the most honest.

T

Comment

You're right, I was not completely forthright, but I didn't feel the need to say she was my fiance'. But now you have full disclosure. :)

I don't lie btw. Ever. I'm the most honest guy you know...

What a coincidence! Doc met the smartest guy he knows today and you met the most honest.

T

James 4:6

Get yoself some bro...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Keeping with this general point, I drive by Westurban every night on the way home from work and I was just thinking.. this is kind of a pre-school experiment. Now Cold will argue that outdoor interaction is different than indoors but don't tell me there isn't an exchange of particles between these youngsters in the dugout and on the field and then back to the parents. I was waiting for a surge in cases/hospitalizations throughout a lot of May into June and wrapping up into July. Nothing. The season is now over without a glitch. I have not heard about one incident involving corona from a youth sport league. Thought that was weird given the super contagiousness of the virus.
                  Please stop calling me out. I am going to try and stop posting for a while. Hell, I may never post again on the subject. Then if there's a miracle and all of a sudden the virus just "disappears" like Mr. Trump says it will, you can proclaim that the Death Angel is under the blankets crying that he's not getting his deaths...

We are having a surge in Sedgwick County. I'm sure it's because of a lot of things. The kids won't be the ones in the ER, it will be their folks.

I have a personal friend (ex-girlfriend - another one - sorry MKR) who was part of a super-spreader event in a restaurant in east Wichita. The details of that are posted a few pages back. I do believe all healed up, but haven't talked with the friend since last week.

There are many facets to a pandemic. Infections happen everywhere. But you are right, outside is far safer than inside. Massively lower viral concentrations on a baseball field than Old Chicago.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

James 4:6

Get yoself some bro...
                    Great advice! I'm almost tolerable in real life.

CB is my evil alter-ego. My "demon" if you will.

Comment

Please stop calling me out. I am going to try and stop posting for a while. Hell, I may never post again on the subject. Then if there's a miracle and all of a sudden the virus just "disappears" like Mr. Trump says it will, you can proclaim that the Death Angel is under the blankets crying that he's not getting his deaths...

We are having a surge in Sedgwick County. I'm sure it's because of a lot of things. The kids won't be the ones in the ER, it will be their folks.

I have a personal friend (ex-girlfriend - another one - sorry MKR) who was part of a super-spreader event in a restaurant in east Wichita. The details of that are posted a few pages back. I do believe all healed up, but haven't talked with the friend since last week.

There are many facets to a pandemic. Infections happen everywhere. But you are right, outside is far safer than inside. Massively lower viral concentrations on a baseball field than Old Chicago.

T

But you do agree that there are lots of interactions going on in the dugouts where there's no masks, no hand sanitizer and kids wiping their faces and touching each other's equipment and so on and so forth? I know there's no social distancing going on with this stuff. And again this started in May. Why is it taking 2 months for us to get the "surge"? There's been a LOT of youth sport activities going on the last two months. Let me guess, it's just the virus doing what it wants to do and is "unpredictable". So the whole 14 day incubation period isn't accurate? Please tell me I'm a Covidiot for questioning this line of events.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

But you do agree that there are lots of interactions going on in the dugouts where there's no masks, no hand sanitizer and kids wiping their faces and touching each other's equipment and so on and so forth? I know there's no social distancing going on with this stuff. And again this started in May. Why is it taking 2 months for us to get the "surge"? There's been a LOT of youth sport activities going on the last two months. Let me guess, it's just the virus doing what it wants to do and is "unpredictable". So the whole 14 day incubation period isn't accurate? Please tell me I'm a Covidiot for questioning this line of events.
                        IDK what do you want me to say? Maybe the kids weren't infected. We were showing a lot lower positivity rate in May. I can show you countless reports of people in enclosed areas where several get infected 20 feet away and not the guy sitting next to the spreader. There are genetic reasons some people get it and some don't that go beyond just inhaling the actual virus. Blood types seem to matter - particularly Type A. It's an insidious, unpredictable, alien, bio-weapon-like scourge on humanity. If you try to figure out the why or the where you will be left scratching your head. The ONLY logical strategy is to assume that everybody around you is infected and act accordingly. It's discomforting, but it's the only way you can give yourself a significant edge and perhaps make a difference in stopping the spread. Then you just have to hope and pray you don't get unlucky. I've been to the dentist twice since this whole Covid thing... mouth jacked open and everything. I even had to tell this 20-something bar fly to kindly put her ******* mask back on. *sigh*

Make no mistake, your behavior might be the difference between whether or not my folks live or die and vice versa. You have to think 3 steps ahead instead of what your eyes see right in front of you. If we're all wrong and nothing we do will keep us from all getting infected, then so be it. But we have to try. You don't want to live with regret. A lot of people have lost family members and are now living with regret. CNN specializes in those kind of articles...

T

Comment

Oh, and the vast majority of child infections are asymptomatic unless they get REALLY unlucky. That gal with Covid that I went on one date with (sorry MKR, this is another one) said her kids got the Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome. That's supposed to be quite rare. But she described it perfectly. They both developed a rash 4-6 wks after she was infected. She had been travelling in Europe and went through NYC in January so she likely got the original Italian strain. She had to take them both to the ER, for what I do not remember. But it can affect the heart.

As far as the asymptomatic children infecting their parents... some seem to believe the very young toddlers cannot infect adults, and others point to occurrences where it has happened. I wanna believe that an asymptomatic child is less infectious than a full-blown symptomatic adult, but I don't have exact factual evidence to support that theory, just an unbelievable amount of Covid data stored inside my massive brain (I'm kidding. Sorry Doc) connecting disparate ideas and coming up with new conclusions.

T

Comment

They had their spike early and went for herd immunity. Now doing quite well. It’s almost as if everyone is going to get it eventually and the goal should be to keep it low enough to manage.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Must be some special form of secret super intelligence where they teach you that "I am going to try and stop posting for a while" means something different than what Covidiots like myself think it means.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

They had their spike early and went for herd immunity. Now doing quite well. It’s almost as if everyone is going to get it eventually and the goal should be to keep it low enough to manage.
                                If you read the headlines they did it all wrong. I don't understand the purpose of the bias. The bias is easy to see, and there is clearly a narrative out there that we should lock down and that our government is somehow to blame for a disease. But I don't understand why. I haven't watched a minute of cable news in years (since the last election), so I guess I am just not tuned in. Is this an anti-Trump thing? Is it a left-wing power grab? Is this all just an election thing?

Sweden's big problem -- if one appears -- won't be Sweden. If there is another flare up in Europe, Sweden's problem will be that other countries keep trying to flatten the curve, which will jack with herd immunity if reinfections is a thing.

This is the daily number of ICU beds in use in Sweden ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X