Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Would you honestly say that news readers suffering from TDS and spinning anything and everything the president says to the negative could be described as "dangerous"? I didn't think so. If they're libelous or slanderous, they'll get sued.

Having a professionally produced propagandist video with "official-looking" doctors spouting blatant false medical information in the midst of a pandemic is... dangerous.
    I would say that what the idiots on CNN and MSNBC do is indeed dangerous. They have people, albeit a small group compared to say Fox News, who listen to what they say and actually believe it and their influence on these simple minded folks helps to stoke the fire of division and hate the left has for the country. That is... dangerous.

Comment

Yuuuuup. I believe she's an RN?

But I would be careful using the word "premier" when describing anything hailing from Bug'aha. It's antithetical to being a Shocker. :P

I know healthcare workers who don't keep pulse/ox's at home with them. I'm very thorough.

P.S. And I know this is a bad joke but... they didn't do a very good job of containment now did they? MVJ's got his own little Omaha cluster. In fact, I'd say they did about as premier a job as the BJ's do in the post-season...
      She was working in th er at the time. The biocontainment unit hads't been used for covid since the first pts came from the cruise ship. There is a huge difference between protocol in the biocontainment unit and everywhere else.

That said, pretty much any healthcare worker in any hospital is at risk and I expected this. You cant be on guard 24
      -7, you're super careful during pts care, then slip up in the break room, its gonna happen.

As for the hospital, it's pretty friggin impressive. If you want to knock a hospital, knock Creighton's, that puss belching disaster is surrounded on three sides by cemeteries. Not a long haul to bury your mistakes.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

She was working in th er at the time. The biocontainment unit hads't been used for covid since the first pts came from the cruise ship. There is a huge difference between protocol in the biocontainment unit and everywhere else.

That said, pretty much any healthcare worker in any hospital is at risk and I expected this. You cant be on guard 24
        -7, you're super careful during pts care, then slip up in the break room, its gonna happen.

As for the hospital, it's pretty friggin impressive. If you want to knock a hospital, knock Creighton's, that puss belching disaster is surrounded on three sides by cemeteries. Not a long haul to bury your mistakes.
        LoL! Sweet take!

I was just funnin'. I know your wife wasn't working in a biocontainment lab. If you're around this insidious, alien, virus long enough... it will find a way into your squishy parts. Your wife deserves to be commended for her bravery, and thanked for attending to the sickly. In fact... she deserves a little help around the house and a very nice dinner when you both get better.

That being said... you didn't sign up for this healthcare jazz and likely have not one benevolent bone in your body. You're a civilian and classified as collateral damage in this war with the "Invisible Enemy". For that you are owed...

I'm thinkin' 3 mos. of Friday Night Head should suffice. It'll do wonders for your relationship as well!

The Godfather has spoken.

Comment

I'm doing great today!

What has been your daily drug regimen for the past week?

What was prescribed and what o-t-c did you and your wife take?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What has been your daily drug regimen for the past week?

What was prescribed and what o-t-c did you and your wife take?
            Acetaminophen. Lots of acetaminophen. Nothing else. 1,000 mg's x 4.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Glad you’re doing better MVJ.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Level with us though MVJ... was there a point in time where you were like, "this might just take me out"? It'll make a believer outta ya with the quickness. Just imagine the possibilities had you not been a marathon biker in great shape. Imagine the typical American 56 yr. old male (overweight, hypertension) and then this alien virus grabs a hold of their ass. You get perspective on the issue, really quick.

Comment

• **** is starting to get out of hand...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/who-...of-people.html

WHO warns that waiting to achieve herd immunity to the coronavirus will kill a lot of people

Herd immunity is necessary to really contain a virus, according to epidemiologists. That is generally achieved once enough people either get vaccinated or survive the virus so they have the antibodies to fight off new infections and the virus doesn’t have enough new hosts to spread.

Most scientists think 60% to 80% of the population needs to be vaccinated or have natural antibodies to achieve herd immunity, Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s health emergencies program, said on a live Q&A streamed across multiple social media platforms. “Whatever that number is, we’re nowhere near close to it, which means this virus has a long way to burn in our communities before we ever reach that,” he added.

Simply waiting for herd immunity to happen by allowing the virus to spread, as some opponents of social distancing measures have suggested, is dangerous, he added.

“The idea that we would have herd immunity as an objective, in some sense, it goes against controlling the disease because if you were to say, ‘We need to have a herd immunity of 70% and we should let the virus spread until we get to 70%,’ we’ve seen what happens,” he said. “Hospitals get overwhelmed. A lot of people die.”

Even if people don’t die from the disease, there are still long-term problems, Ryan said. “Anyone who looks at patients who are severe with Covid realizes this is a very severe, multiorgan disease that stresses many systems in the body, the cardiovascular system, the neurologic system. And we have to assume in milder cases a similar process is happening at a milder level.”

Young people with Covid-19 have left hospitals healthy, only to experience problems 10 or 15 weeks later, he said.

“They can’t run. They can’t exercise, they are out of breath, having coughing fits,” he said. “Who wants or needs that?”
                  So my advice remains the same: Avoid. The. Alien. Bug. We'll have a vaccine for the old folks by December. The rest of us will get it early 2021. How we'll (I'll) make it that long attempting to social distance without losing my sanity... I will never know.

I'll probably get banned by then so you won't know how the story ends. :(

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 29, 2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

**** is starting to get out of hand...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/who-...of-people.html

So my advice remains the same: Avoid. The. Alien. Bug. We'll have a vaccine for the old folks by December. The rest of us will get it early 2021. How we'll (I'll) make it that long attempting to social distance without losing my sanity... I will never know.

I'll probably get banned by then so you won't know how the story ends. :(
                    WHO is the agency that hid the true origin of the virus from the world for at least a month or two, saving Xi’s buttocks and now you give them credibility? Your solution makes sense but I don’t trust WHO.

Comment

So my advice remains the same: Avoid. The. Alien. Bug. We'll have a vaccine for the old folks by December.
                      In the mean time you ARE wearing goggles when you are out in public places such as grocery stores, etc, correct?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Looks like my favorite Texas Looney Tune, Goofy Gohmert, now has COVID and is blaming it on his mask (but he doesn't wear one, folks).

That's why he's so G-O-O-F-Y!

We grow things bigger (and goofier) in Texas, folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                          Looks like my favorite Texas Looney Tune, Goofy Gohmert, now has COVID and is blaming it on his mask (but he doesn't wear one, folks).

That's why he's so G-O-O-F-Y!

We grow things bigger (and goofier) in Texas, folks!
                          Does he never wear a mask?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Level with us though MVJ... was there a point in time where you were like, "this might just take me out"? It'll make a believer outta ya with the quickness. Just imagine the possibilities had you not been a marathon biker in great shape. Imagine the typical American 56 yr. old male (overweight, hypertension) and then this alien virus grabs a hold of their ass. You get perspective on the issue, really quick.
                            I'm very glad that I improved my health, I know it was a factor. There was never a point when I was even remotely concerned about dying from this, I just knew I had to let it take its course. I knew that there was very little which to be concerned unless I had trouble breathing and subsequently needed to go to the hospital, neither of which happened. I would have considered death as a viable option on day three of the bad stuff, however, that was the worst!

This does reinforce my resolve to stay in shape, though. I slept the entire night last night, first time in over a week. I feel great! No cough, no sore throat, no joint pain (other than normal). I'm going to try to workout in the basement and if possible, sneak out after dark for a walk. It was okayed as long as I stay away from anyone else.

I really need to thank a strong network of friends who sent well wishes and dropped food and supplies off on our porch, it meant everything. I want to thank Shockernetters as well for their genuine concern, everybody's prayers and well wishes helps, thank you!

One item that was dropped off a few days ago was a bottle of Tanqueray and some diet tonic. I hardly drink at all anymore, but this evening I'm going to destroy a tall gin and tonic!

Comment

I'm very glad that I improved my health, I know it was a factor. There was never a point when I was even remotely concerned about dying from this, I just knew I had to let it take its course. I knew that there was very little which to be concerned unless I had trouble breathing and subsequently needed to go to the hospital, neither of which happened. I would have considered death as a viable option on day three of the bad stuff, however, that was the worst!

This does reinforce my resolve to stay in shape, though. I slept the entire night last night, first time in over a week. I feel great! No cough, no sore throat, no joint pain (other than normal). I'm going to try to workout in the basement and if possible, sneak out after dark for a walk. It was okayed as long as I stay away from anyone else.

I really need to thank a strong network of friends who sent well wishes and dropped food and supplies off on our porch, it meant everything. I want to thank Shockernetters as well for their genuine concern, everybody's prayers and well wishes helps, thank you!

One item that was dropped off a few days ago was a bottle of Tanqueray and some diet tonic. I hardly drink at all anymore, but this evening I'm going to destroy a tall gin and tonic!
                              I'm glad you're ok.

Comment

• Just saw where Herman Cain passed on from the Trump flu.....condolences and thoughts go to his family. Very unfortunate. Everyone follow cold's advice, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X