Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/people...mpression=true

This could be a vital and groundbreaking piece of research.

Do any of our local Shockernet epidemiologist's know if this has been verified by fauci or not, cuz he's reliable and has never once flip-flopped. Oh, wait...
    A lot of bizarre conclusions from a weird correlation.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm all for free speech but dangerous misinformation is where I draw the line. I would say this almost qualifies. You don't allow instructional videos of cartoon characters making bombs on YouTube right? So there's a limit.

This was a desperate attempt by Don Jr. to foment more conspiratorial thinking out of his base. He fully expected it to get pulled and Trump's legion of lemmings to raise their fists in the air. Open your eyes people; you're being played.
      If I was censoring dangerous information, you would be gone. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If I was censoring dangerous information, you would be gone. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
        That made almost zero sense, but I'll give you a chance to explain yourself better.

I'm secretly hoping that somewhere in your explanation you imagine yourself as Thanos and you plan to "snap" me out of existence. Believe me brother; the pain will not stop even then. I'm merely a spotlight on reality.
        Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 29, 2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/corona...r-texas-party/

14 members of Texas family test positive for COVID-19 after mask-free party
          Tony Green, the Dallas man who hosted the party and believed the global pandemic was a hoax, called the cluster of infections “a harsh lesson in the reality of COVID-19,” NBC News reported.

“In great haste, I began prognosticating the alphabet soup about this ‘scamdemic,'” Green said in a column in the Dallas Voice. “I believed the virus to be a hoax. I believed the mainstream media and the Democrats were using it to create panic, crash the economy and destroy Trump’s chances at re-election.”

“I am calling myself out first, but now this is personal, and I fell on my sword,” he wrote. “And I promise you, if we continue being more worried about the disruption to our lives than we are about stopping this virus, not one American will be spared.”
          Here's a former Covidiot that had a rather resounding Coming to Jesus. Only after lives were lost though. That's a tough burden to carry I'm sure.

There is another party who is partly to blame for manipulating the mind of this now somber gentleman. Hint: some of their misinformation campaign was banned from popular social media sites just the other day.

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ms/5420534002/

Long-lasting COVID symptoms from lungs to limbs linger in coronavirus 'long haulers'

A growing number of people are suffering for months, but research is limited. Here are some of their stories.
            It's not all in their minds.

An unknown but growing number of the 4 million U.S. COVID-19 patients say they can't shake symptoms ranging from fatigue to serious respiratory or neurological problems, often for months after diagnosis. The ailments are all the more challenging because patients say they often face skeptical families, friends, employers and even doctors.

Research is limited on these so-called "long haulers." New York City's Mount Sinai hospital appears to have the first post-COVID treatment center in the U.S.

A study of 143 patients in Italy out this month in JAMA Network found 87% of patients who had recovered from COVID-19 reported at least one lingering symptom, notably fatigue and trouble breathing.

Natalie Lambert, an Indiana University associate research professor, analyzed at least 1,100 responses to a poll about post-COVID-19 symptoms in the 81,000-member Survivor Corps Facebook group. More than half of the patients reported at least one of six symptoms, including the now-common fatigue and breathing problems.

The list also includes two – inability to exercise or be active and difficulty concentrating – the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn't yet cited in its list of COVID-19 symptoms.

A little more information on what will be known in the future as Covid-19 Syndrome. I believe I brought this up several times over the last 3 months or so and was met with angry and aggressive responses from the resident "experts". FEAR-MONGERING! He said. Whelp, once again, CB comes out spot on. 100 for 100 now? It ain't magic folks... just eyes wide open, reptile brain suppressed, and rationality as my guide. No politics.

My advice remains the same: Do your best to avoid this insidious, alien disease if at all possible. Slow the spread using practical methods. Time is our friend on this. Buy yourself and your loved ones some with smart behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Then why isn't everything spewed by CNN and MSNBC banned every second of every day? Virtually everything on there is mis-information.
              Would you honestly say that news readers suffering from TDS and spinning anything and everything the president says to the negative could be described as "dangerous"? I didn't think so. If they're libelous or slanderous, they'll get sued.

Having a professionally produced propagandist video with "official-looking" doctors spouting blatant false medical information in the midst of a pandemic is... dangerous.

Comment

• I'm doing great today! That is relative, however. Fever is gone, aches are gone, cough is diminishing. It's been just over a week and I think I'm getting better, quickly. I'm just tired. Really tired. I was worn out just making the bed. I'm walking, but not far. Once my stamina improves, I should be good. On another note, last night I discovered that I did in fact, lose much of my sense of smell. I hadn't noticed it before, but when my daughter burnt some stuff on the stove and I couldn't tell, I knew something was off. I can still smell, but it's much reduced. No big deal. Pulse ox always stayed in mid 90's and now my resting heart rate is dropping back down to 60.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  I'm doing great today! That is relative, however. Fever is gone, aches are gone, cough is diminishing. It's been just over a week and I think I'm getting better, quickly. I'm just tired. Really tired. I was worn out just making the bed. I'm walking, but not far. Once my stamina improves, I should be good. On another note, last night I discovered that I did in fact, lose much of my sense of smell. I hadn't noticed it before, but when my daughter burnt some stuff on the stove and I couldn't tell, I knew something was off. I can still smell, but it's much reduced. No big deal. Pulse ox always stayed in mid 90's and now my resting heart rate is dropping back down to 60.
                  Good! Don't overexert yourself. Keep your head down and eat your Wheaties.

Comment

Are you a doctor?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That already been shown to be fake news you buffoon.
                      I did a quick Google and there have been new Covid studies on nsaids. Thanks for the polite correction. Strange why a local MD said to not take them just the other week during Covid though. Either he was thinking about something else or was misinformed. I would still stick with the acetaminophen as it reduces pain and fever fine and doesn't have some of the potential cardiac and gastrointestinal side effects of nsaids.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Are you a doctor?
                        Probably.

Are you officially protesting my advice?

You a Mueslix guy?

Comment

Probably.

Are you officially protesting my advice?

You a Mueslix guy?
                          Is your office on lockdown or something? You sure are here quite a lot during the day handing out all your professional medical advice.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You do know his wife works for the most premier biocontainment medical center in the country, right?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You do know his wife works for the most premier biocontainment medical center in the country, right?
                              Yuuuuup. I believe she's an RN?

But I would be careful using the word "premier" when describing anything hailing from Bug'aha. It's antithetical to being a Shocker. :P

I know healthcare workers who don't keep pulse/ox's at home with them. I'm very thorough.

P.S. And I know this is a bad joke but... they didn't do a very good job of containment now did they? MVJ's got his own little Omaha cluster. In fact, I'd say they did about as premier a job as the BJ's do in the post-season...

Comment

• https://www.ksn.com/news/health/coro...complications/

Majority owner of Wichita Wind Surge dies from COVID-19 complications
                                Schwechheimer was the driving force behind the return of affiliated baseball to Wichita and the construction of Riverfront Stadium. After spending 35 years with the Pawtucket Red Sox, helping to turn them into one of the elite minor league baseball franchises, Schwechheimer formed a group that purchased two minor league teams, the Single-A Charlotte Stone Crabs in the Florida State League and the AAA New Orleans Baby Cakes in the Pacific Coast League, who have since moved to Wichita, KS.

“There are no words to express the loss of the entire Wind Surge family,” said SVP/GM Jared Forma. “Lou was truly one of a kind, someone who never met a stranger. He will be deeply missed by his family and many friends, which included an extended baseball family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lou’s wife and daughter at this difficult time.

Comment

Working...
                                X