Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I'm very glad that I improved my health, I know it was a factor. There was never a point when I was even remotely concerned about dying from this, I just knew I had to let it take its course. I knew that there was very little which to be concerned unless I had trouble breathing and subsequently needed to go to the hospital, neither of which happened. I would have considered death as a viable option on day three of the bad stuff, however, that was the worst!

This does reinforce my resolve to stay in shape, though. I slept the entire night last night, first time in over a week. I feel great! No cough, no sore throat, no joint pain (other than normal). I'm going to try to workout in the basement and if possible, sneak out after dark for a walk. It was okayed as long as I stay away from anyone else.

I really need to thank a strong network of friends who sent well wishes and dropped food and supplies off on our porch, it meant everything. I want to thank Shockernetters as well for their genuine concern, everybody's prayers and well wishes helps, thank you!

One item that was dropped off a few days ago was a bottle of Tanqueray and some diet tonic. I hardly drink at all anymore, but this evening I'm going to destroy a tall gin and tonic!
    So now you're our local hero and test case. It will be interesting to hear of any lingering effects firsthand and whether or not anyone in the house falls ill again. Really glad to hear everyone is OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Does he never wear a mask?
      He says he does, but I don't think anyone has seen him with it on. I don't call him goofy for nothing. He has richly deserved his nickname.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I'm very glad that I improved my health, I know it was a factor. There was never a point when I was even remotely concerned about dying from this, I just knew I had to let it take its course. I knew that there was very little which to be concerned unless I had trouble breathing and subsequently needed to go to the hospital, neither of which happened. I would have considered death as a viable option on day three of the bad stuff, however, that was the worst!

This does reinforce my resolve to stay in shape, though. I slept the entire night last night, first time in over a week. I feel great! No cough, no sore throat, no joint pain (other than normal). I'm going to try to workout in the basement and if possible, sneak out after dark for a walk. It was okayed as long as I stay away from anyone else.

I really need to thank a strong network of friends who sent well wishes and dropped food and supplies off on our porch, it meant everything. I want to thank Shockernetters as well for their genuine concern, everybody's prayers and well wishes helps, thank you!

One item that was dropped off a few days ago was a bottle of Tanqueray and some diet tonic. I hardly drink at all anymore, but this evening I'm going to destroy a tall gin and tonic!
        You're very fortunate to have not suffered the "shortness of breath" symptom. It's quite common with "mild cases" - even with middle-aged athletes. I personally have a high pain threshold; I've been in the gym my entire life. But, if you mess with my breathing or my heart... I'm gonna be looking for thumbs and blankies pretty soon after. :)

I don't know who's tellin' ya to work out, but a short walk should be fine. It's not uncommon with this to see improvement and then relapse. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but I wouldn't tempt fate.

Did you do any stretching/breathing exercises when you were at your worst? If so did they help your cough? It is curious how you staved off the quite common "shortness of breath" symptom. Such an odd and random disease.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
          Just saw where Herman Cain passed on from the Trump flu.....condolences and thoughts go to his family. Very unfortunate. Everyone follow cold's advice, please.
          Herman Cain was 74 and was a Cancer survivor.

This hideous illness that evidence points to being set upon the world by Xi and China has killed a great deal of the people over 65.

80 percent of the deaths have come from this age group and I don't think that includes pre-existing conditions although the older one is, the more chance they had pre-existing conditions such as cancer.

Comment

• https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/02/herm...-covid-19.html

Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain dies after battle with coronavirus
            Well, I was not expecting this. Just the other day they were saying he was improving. Herman was a Covid Denier, running around the Tulsa rally with no mask. Well, it looks like Covid is real to him and his loved ones now... after it's too late. If Herman were my dad, he wouldn't have been acting so reckless at 74.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

In the mean time you ARE wearing goggles when you are out in public places such as grocery stores, etc, correct?
            Funny you mention this...

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fauci...st-coronavirus

Fauci suggests goggles, eye shield for better protection against coronavirus
            I looked into infection via the eyes months ago. It's certainly possible. Studies have indicated that how you're infected and what level of exposure to the virus you receive has implications on the severity of your experience. There is preliminary evidence that virus entering through the ocular membranes has a lower incidence of causing serious illness - particularly in the lungs. The trade-off is a worst case of conjunctivitis. Take this all with a grain of salt.

And no, I'm not going to wear goggles out in public. :)

I will however wear my glasses instead of contacts hoping to create more air turbulence in front and around my eyes as I slice my way through "all the viral clouds". o_O

You Shocker aerospace engineers out there can help me with my theories. I do not believe we need a total eye seal. However, if I was working in the Covid unit of a hospital, I would absolutely seal my eyes from the air with goggles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Herman Cain was 74 and was a Cancer survivor.

This hideous illness that evidence points to being set upon the world by Xi and China has killed a great deal of the people over 65.

80 percent of the deaths have come from this age group and I don't think that includes pre-existing conditions although the older one is, the more chance they had pre-existing conditions such as cancer.
              Death is not the only bad outcome with Covid-19. There are lasting effects with many younger people who've gotten "mild cases". It's best to respect the alien bug and avoid it as much as possible. Finding solace in the fact that most of its victims are geriatric breeds false security. Don't let your guard down brother. Don't go insane with fear either.

But... I would recommend paranoia over Herman Cain's approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                There is preliminary evidence that virus entering through the ocular membranes has a lower incidence of causing serious illness - particularly in the lungs. ... Take this all with a grain of salt.

And no, I'm not going to wear goggles out in public. :)
                You covidiot, wearing goggles is not about protecting YOU, it's about preventing you from becoming asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic and infecting others. You are a complete covidiot for not following Fauci's advice and wearing goggles in public to protect others. The evidence is clear: You CAN be infected via your eyes and therefore become a risk to others.

Please don't be a hypocrit Cold and WEAR. YOUR. GOGGLES.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

He says he does, but I don't think anyone has seen him with it on. I don't call him goofy for nothing. He has richly deserved his nickname.
                  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-386076

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
                  Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

"[I]f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."
                  Gohmert attended Tuesday's blockbuster House Judiciary Committee hearing with Attorney General William Barr in person, where lawmakers were seated at some distance from one another.

But footage from before the hearing shows Gohmert and Barr walking together in close contact, with neither wearing a mask.
                  At one point in Tuesday's hearing, Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) chastised several Republicans for taking off their masks, though Gohmert was not among those he scolded.

"I would remind Mr. Jordan, Mr. Biggs and Mr. Johnson to stop violating the rules of the committee,” Nadler said, referring to Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs and Louisiana Rep. Mike Johnson, three GOP lawmakers. “To stop violating the safety of the members of the committee. To stop holding themselves out as not caring by refusing to wear their masks.”

“Is it permissible to drink a sip of coffee?” one of the members asked.

“It is not permissible,” replied Nadler.
                  In a tweet, Nadler wrote, "I want to wish ⁦@replouiegohmert⁩ a full & speedy recovery. When individuals refuse to take the necessary precautions it puts everyone at risk. I’ve regularly instructed all Members to wear their masks and hope this is a lesson by all my colleagues."

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer ripped Gohmert and some of his GOP colleagues for frequently not wearing masks in the Capitol.

“Too many Republicans have continued to act extraordinarily irresponsibly, including Louie Gohmert. Louie Gohmert ought to quarantine himself right now,” Hoyer told reporters.
                  Louie Gohmert is a sterling example of Covidiocy. He as well as President Trump are responsible for politicizing the entire pandemic (including mask wearing) and are literally responsible for thousands of American deaths. This is a fact.

WEAR THE ****ING MASK YOU CONSPIRACY THEORIZING, SCIENCE DENYING, BABBLING BUFFOONS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You covidiot, wearing goggles is not about protecting YOU, it's about preventing you from becoming asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic and infecting others. You are a complete covidiot for not following Fauci's advice and wearing goggles in public to protect others. The evidence is clear: You CAN be infected via your eyes and therefore become a risk to others.

Please don't be a hypocrit Cold and WEAR. YOUR. GOGGLES.
                    Hmmm... there is a lot of tension in your prose this morning. That is your right. This is your domain. :)

Ummm... there are trade-offs in this pandemic.

We could shut the economy completely down, all restaurants, grocery stores, and factories, then weld everyone's door shut. That would temporarily rid this country of the virus one way or the other in about 3-4 weeks. I say temporarily because unless travel was eliminated, foreigners would bring it right back in. This is obviously an untenable position.

What I and others like Dr. Fauci propose, is reasonable vigilance. We all wear masks when around strangers, we social distance as much as possible. We quarantine the sick. And we don't congregate indoors under any circumstances. If there was unanimous adherence to these principles in this country, our infection and death rate would mimic the other more successful countries. But we are the Wild West - which is fine in nearly every other circumstance besides pandemics.

I have found no indication that infection via the eyes (in public) is a major source of community spread. If one is wearing glasses, I think it's logical to say the probability of infection goes down even more - IF, you are not sitting in a restaurant and jawboning for hours across the table from a super-spreader.

The primary points of threat from this virus are the nose and mouth. When you inhale a concentrated dose, it spreads across all your receptive sites like fertilizer across the lawn. If we shut that down, we can live with all the un-goggled eyes. :)

P.S. Fauci wouldn't even be discussing this had we acted appropriately from the start. I personally think he is just getting frustrated at this point. But who knows... he's the expert. If studies come out pointing to the eyes as the primary source of infection (highly doubtful to the point of ridiculous), CB will don him some goggles and go shoppin'!

Comment

Just saw where Herman Cain passed on from the Trump flu.....condolences and thoughts go to his family. Very unfortunate. Everyone follow cold's advice, please.
                      It's not Cold's advice. LOL!! He is just regurgitating what he hears on CNN and MSNBC and from the illustrious WHO.
                      Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; July 30, 2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

It's not Cold's advice. LOL!! He is just regurgitating what he hears on CNN and MSNBC and from the illustrious WHO.
                        I had to like that. I think it's perfectly understandable as to why people are up in arms about the WHO, but please keep in mind that guidance and standards (i.e. what they are telling you to do to manage the risk) are a totally different animal from the politics (the head of WHO letting the Chinese fabricate evidence which minimized the optics of the pandemic ).

Comment

• Well since the angle of eyeglasses are nearly vertical, I'm guessing one enjoys a not insignificant boundary layer of air around the head - channeling any potentially floating baddies up and away from the ocular mucosa.

If all else fails, I can simply increase my walking speed to 45mph down Dillon's aisles and get high confidence of exceptional protection from viruses AND rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Hmmm... there is a lot of tension in your prose this morning. That is your right. This is your domain. :)

Ummm... there are trade-offs in this pandemic.

We could shut the economy completely down, all restaurants, grocery stores, and factories, then weld everyone's door shut. That would temporarily rid this country of the virus one way or the other in about 3-4 weeks. I say temporarily because unless travel was eliminated, foreigners would bring it right back in. This is obviously an untenable position.

What I and others like Dr. Fauci propose, is reasonable vigilance. We all wear masks when around strangers, we social distance as much as possible. We quarantine the sick. And we don't congregate indoors under any circumstances. If there was unanimous adherence to these principles in this country, our infection and death rate would mimic the other more successful countries. But we are the Wild West - which is fine in nearly every other circumstance besides pandemics.

I have found no indication that infection via the eyes (in public) is a major source of community spread. If one is wearing glasses, I think it's logical to say the probability of infection goes down even more - IF, you are not sitting in a restaurant and jawboning for hours across the table from a super-spreader.

The primary points of threat from this virus are the nose and mouth. When you inhale a concentrated dose, it spreads across all your receptive sites like fertilizer across the lawn. If we shut that down, we can live with all the un-goggled eyes. :)

P.S. Fauci wouldn't even be discussing this had we acted appropriately from the start. I personally think he is just getting frustrated at this point. But who knows... he's the expert. If studies come out pointing to the eyes as the primary source of infection (highly doubtful to the point of ridiculous), CB will don him some goggles and go shoppin'!
                            Actually I was just giving you some well deserved static for fun.

I do agree - this entire pandemic is one severe pile of trade-offs. The first and most important trade-off being to lock down nursing homes due to them easily being the highest risk threat to life -- and second place isn't even close. After that it all becomes arguable.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Actually I was just giving you some well deserved static for fun.

I do agree - this entire pandemic is one severe pile of trade-offs. The first and most important trade-off being to lock down nursing homes due to them easily being the highest risk threat to life -- and second place isn't even close. After that it all becomes arguable.
                              Need more emojis to convey humor. I'm continually attacked in this thread and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I dated a gal (I am not bullshitting rofl - I already talked about her earlier) that owns a retirement home. She charges her residents upwards of 6-7k per month. The children of her residents are quite unhappy watching their inheritance dwindle away. How do you think they responded when she locked her place down well before anyone else forbidding visitors -- on my recommendation btw :) --- They were furious! But guess what? She's had no infections as of yet while several of her competitors nearby have gotten Covid cases and deaths.

However......

She got herself infected because her dumbass couldn't stay away from the restaurants. I let her have it CB style and really don't talk to her much today. She risked the lives of her residents, her family, her employees, and the general public because she needed "her social life".

I'm getting mad now just thinking about it.

She apologized and said she "learned her lesson". Everybody learns their lesson after the fact... *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Thank you Don Lemon?

How about the FauciFlu? Seems like he was the "expert" right?

Kind of like the study he and the NIH completed in 2005 about the positive effects Hydroxychloroquine has on SARS-CoV. Now he denies its effects? Hmm.
                                You're welcome, Father Coughlin.

I guess you did not read my post, or perhaps you are being wilfully blind, but it is rather obvious to about 80% of us that Trump has failed the leadership test on this, none of the others have failed any sort of a leadership test.

Which is why Fauci is trusted more on this subject than Trump is, which evidently not only pi$$es Trump off, but also the 20% who seem to think he's doing a great job and leading well.

Comment

Working...
                                X