Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Throw was about as off as all of his "scientific" based predictions...
    Just demonstrating proper social distancing with the ball

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You can't really help but stay away from each other... it's Kansas! ;)

On a more serious note: my zipcode was at 25% positivity not too long ago. How's that for big city feel? :(
      ​​​​​​There are five tested positives at my address. My two youngest son's didn't get tested. My guess is there are 8 Covid positives in my house. My eldest sons gf turned up positive. Her mom is a nurse and negative. She is staying here to keep away from her mom. She is on the couch. ABSOLUTELY NO HANKY PANKY! That said, if I don't catch my boy trying, I'll be a little disappointed in him.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

​​​​​​There are five tested positives at my address. My two youngest son's didn't get tested. My guess is there are 8 Covid positives in my house. My eldest sons gf turned up positive. Her mom is a nurse and negative. She is staying here to keep away from her mom. She is on the couch. ABSOLUTELY NO HANKY PANKY! That said, if I don't catch my boy trying, I'll be a little disappointed in him.
        Your wife's quite the Super-Spreader is she not? Go ahead and tell her I said that...

Your son is about to have the worst set of blue balls of his entire life.

Comment

Can you relate your(s) or anyone(s) experience with it yet?

Comment

Your wife's quite the Super-Spreader is she not? Go ahead and tell her I said that...

Your son is about to have the worst set of blue balls of his entire life.
            I have a feeling that the hospital is one big petri dish.

I set the rules in my house. I know that my wife and I are dedicated to keeping the two separated. My guess is they will find a weak spot in our defenses. I know, if I were in his shoes, I'd already have figured the whole thing out. I really don't care if they're boinking, but I have younger kids that need to be taught standards, you can't set standards without the eldest at least feigning that they are following the rules.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...244443257.html

COVID-19 patients will be ‘sent home to die’ if deemed too sick, Texas county says
              Now Starr County is at a dangerous “tipping point,” reporting an alarming number of new cases each day, data show. Starr County Memorial Hospital — the county’s only hospital — is overflowing with COVID-19 patients.

The county has been forced to form what is being compared to a so-called “death panel.” A county health board – which governs Starr Memorial – is set to authorize critical care guidelines Thursday that will help medical workers determine ways to allocate scarce medical resources on patients with the best chance to survive.

A committee will deem which COVID-19 patients are likely to die and send them home with family, Jose Vasquez, the county health authority, said during a news conference Tuesday.

“The situation is desperate,” Vasquez said. “We cannot continue functioning in the Starr County Memorial Hospital nor in our county in the way that things are going. The numbers are staggering.”

https://www.axios.com/birx-coronavir...d800d5753.html

Birx: Coronavirus surge in California, Florida and Texas creates "essentially 3 New Yorks"
              "I just want to make it clear to the American public — what we have right now are essentially three New Yorks with these three major states. And so, we're really having to respond as an American people, and that's why you hear us calling for masks and increased social distancing to really stop the spread of this epidemic."
              I certainly hope this is not the case. She obviously has access to more numbers than we have but... I gotta believe the doctors are making vast improvements in treatment. Then again, it goes back to the original fear, and that is, capacity. We can only treat so many people at once.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...almost-killed/

How the coronavirus almost killed a healthy woman with "no normal symptoms"
              London — Rebecca Wrixon knew that working as a nanny for a pair of doctors could leave her exposed to the coronavirus, but as a healthy 44-year-old with young children, she didn't worry much about catching COVID-19. It was already clear then, in early April, that the disease hit the elderly and those with underlying conditions hard, but it didn't seem much of a threat to her healthy family.

Then one morning just after Easter, Wrixon woke up with a numb arm.

She never had a cough or fever, never lost her sense of taste or smell, and it would take doctors days to even diagnose COVID-19 — and much longer to figure out how to stop her body's reaction to it. The insidious disease quietly caused her body to attack itself, inflaming her brain, paralyzing half of her body, rendering her unable to see or speak, and almost killing her in the process.

Researchers in Britain now believe COVID-19 may hit many more people with similar neurological symptoms than commonly thought — including younger patients and those who, like Wrixon, never experience the most well-known signs of the disease

"She looked like she'd had a stroke," said Dr. Ashwin Pinto, the consultant neurologist who ended up wrestling with Wrixon's case for almost three weeks. "Really soon after I saw Rebecca, she was really beginning to struggle with her speech."

Coronavirus, he said, "really wasn't on the radar at all."

But tests quickly confirmed there never was a stroke. Over the next few days, as Wrixon's condition deteriorated precipitously and the magnitude of the pandemic started to register around Europe, she was tested for COVID-19 as a matter of course.

"I didn't think, particularly, that it was going to be positive," Pinto said.

The result surprised him. Despite the positive throat swab test, however, there was nothing in Wrixon's blood or spinal fluid to suggest the virus was directly attacking her central nervous system. But something was. MRI scans showed more than half of her brain severely inflamed.
              Insidious. Alien. Disease.

A crazy ass story.

Remain vigilant!

Comment

I have a feeling that the hospital is one big petri dish.

I set the rules in my house. I know that my wife and I are dedicated to keeping the two separated. My guess is they will find a weak spot in our defenses. I know, if I were in his shoes, I'd already have figured the whole thing out. I really don't care if they're boinking, but I have younger kids that need to be taught standards, you can't set standards without the eldest at least feigning that they are following the rules.
                What's your wife think about taking a baby aspirin while you're infected? Ask her about DICS and Covid. I keep getting the same Interweb result: "Ask your doctor". You said you had Diabetes back in the day right?

Comment

I certainly hope this is not the case. She obviously has access to more numbers than we have but... I gotta believe the doctors are making vast improvements in treatment. Then again, it goes back to the original fear, and that is, capacity. We can only treat so many people at once.

A crazy ass story.

Remain vigilant!
                  LOL! This is so misleading. This is being used as a scare tactic. They are not the next New York.

Let's take a look at facts, and not wild guesses, shall we?

NY Death Rate = 7.8%

CA Death Rate = 1.9%

Texas Death Rate = 1.3%

Florida Death Rate = 1.4%

New York's response was woefully inept and Cuomo should be ashamed. He tried to downplay it and even sent nursing home patients who had the virus back in to nursing homes. Only when he was put in the spotlight and forced to do something did he act. Then he acted like Mr. Macho when he hadn't done anything up until that point. No way in HELL will any of those states be as dreadful as NY. She is just trying to stir people in to a panic with talk of "positive cases" which again don't really mean much.

These so called experts make me so angry when they purposely mislead the public. It should be an outrage to everyone. Again, no state will be the next NY. They are an outlier because their response was atrocious!!

Comment

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...244443257.html

A crazy ass story.

Remain vigilant
                    !
                    CB I love your drama. You sound like O'Donnell on "CBS Evening News, Breaking News" Every night, she says it with so much drama and conviction like the world is coming to an end or something. After a while, the drama and conviction just becomes more noise and difficult to take you all seriously, although the disease can be serious to a still (if you look at it with a discerning eye) smallish group of people. The flu can be serious too if you get seriously ill, although, I will submit that this disease is novel (does strange things on rare occasions) and still unknown to a degree.

Comment

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...244443257.html

A crazy ass story.

Remain vigilant!
                      Did California, Florida and Texas start locking the infected elderly in Nursing Homes too?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Did California, Florida and Texas start locking the infected elderly in Nursing Homes too?
                        No clue on nursing homes but here is from one county in Texas just sending them home if they are too sick.

https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...244443257.html

Comment

What's your wife think about taking a baby aspirin while you're infected? Ask her about DICS and Covid. I keep getting the same Interweb result: "Ask your doctor". You said you had Diabetes back in the day right?
                          She doesn't have an opinion. She's not in a very good mood right now, either. Fever, chills, aches, bones hurt and whatnot. The less I bug her the better. My son, who was sickest, badically better. He's playing video games, eating hot dogs and back to normal. He says he has a real mild sore throat. My eldest son, who is hosting his covid positive gf, is back to normal. I'm not sure how she is doing, I dont ask her a lot of questions. I just have a scratchy throat and cough, no aches. Good news, if every body feels good tomorrow, all the boys are cleaning the effing garage and finding all my tools and putting them back where they go. I haven't told them this yet, but the world ain't just GTA and Minecraft, or whatever these kids are playing nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I’m not sure about Texas and California but the Florida Gov. said that he has separated sick Seniors from their homes from the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              So this new amended order that was signed yesterday looks like it will do more harm than good.

The original order had all bar/clubs closed and all restaurants that served alcohol closed down down at 10.

They amended it to just close bars/clubs but removed that second part. Several of the "bars" in downtown serve enough food during the day that they aren't considered bars/clubs. (I'm thinking like Heroes/Pump House/Emersons). Since they will be allow to stay open at night as normal, but the rest of the "only bars/clubs" will not, you are going to be driving more people into less places and therefore packing them tighter. So unless they actually enforce masks/social distancing (which isn't going to happen in a crowded bar at night), this doesn't seem smart.

They needed to do one or the other, either stay with the original proposal which made sense, or don't do it at all. This half measure trying to please everyone will likely just make things worse.
                              Looks like they are having a special session right now to revisit this. Will be interesting to see which way they adjust it (the specific part about the excluded bar/restaurants being able to be open their full hours while other bars have to close completely)

Comment

I just have a scratchy throat and cough, no aches.
                                Hallucinations have been reported as a symptom. That's not an invitation for you to start posting about your morning missile inducing fantasies, but have you had any thoughts about Creighton making it to the Sweet-16?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X