Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It may be the most irresponsible display of governance you will see if you lived to be 150 years old. And the license to act in such a way comes from on high (The District of Columbia). Wichita, Ks. is firmly in the cross-hairs of the ghost of Charles Darwin. I guess we'll just see how things "shake out".

I feel kind of stuffy today with a slight chill. Perhaps it's my turn at the Coronavirus Roulette Wheel of Variable Outcomes. I was hoping I didn't have to play so soon. :(
    How in the he’ll would you have it with all of the preventative measures you take?

Or maybe since it’s a virus, you can’t stop it anyways and all of this stuff is just delaying the inevitable or not working as well as you’ve been claiming.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      So this new amended order that was signed yesterday looks like it will do more harm than good.

The original order had all bar/clubs closed and all restaurants that served alcohol closed down down at 10.

They amended it to just close bars/clubs but removed that second part. Several of the "bars" in downtown serve enough food during the day that they aren't considered bars/clubs. (I'm thinking like Heroes/Pump House/Emersons). Since they will be allow to stay open at night as normal, but the rest of the "only bars/clubs" will not, you are going to be driving more people into less places and therefore packing them tighter. So unless they actually enforce masks/social distancing (which isn't going to happen in a crowded bar at night), this doesn't seem smart.

They needed to do one or the other, either stay with the original proposal which made sense, or don't do it at all. This half measure trying to please everyone will likely just make things worse.
      Does the coronavirus get up at 10:00 or something?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Does the coronavirus get up at 10:00 or something?
        Do you REALLY not understand the difference in patrons and their interactions during the day vs at night?

If not .. go to Pump House at noon then at midnight .. tell me what you see different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Do you REALLY not understand the difference in patrons and their interactions during the day vs at night?

If not .. go to Pump House at noon then at midnight .. tell me what you see different.
          What about at 8? REALLY.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Kansas' Rt value has dipped nicely the last couple of days. Good job staying away from each other everybody!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

How in the he’ll would you have it with all of the preventative measures you take?

Or maybe since it’s a virus, you can’t stop it anyways and all of this stuff is just delaying the inevitable or not working as well as you’ve been claiming.
              This virus is really sticky. I took my temp. and it's normal. Felt really weird though. Every chill and headache nowadays makes one immediately think "they've got it". You are right though, I do take ample precautions. If I get this ****, ya'll better just run for the hills cuz ur screwed!

And yes, if we don't get a vaccine it will make its way through our entire country no matter what we do. Nobody is perfect and nobody can keep this **** up forever. Eventually you just say **** it! "Take me you mother****ing insidious alien virus!!!"

In other news: India is done. I predicted this long ago based on demographics. They. Are. Done.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/india/

Some good news: The effective mortality rate seems to have dropped precipitously since March based on doctors' descriptions of the impact they are having on patients. One doctor said we are saving twice as many people than before. One of the biggest factors is not blowing folks up with ventilators at the drop of a hat. Now they roll you on your belly and jack up the oxygen in the masks. Its making a HUGE difference. Add in the steroids, and other therapies, and we are making progress. While 1k deaths a day is bad, just multiply yesterday's deaths by 2x if we were back in March. This speaks to the seriousness of the infection surge though. This virus is not "magically becoming less dangerous", we are merely getting better at treating it. But we must have hospital beds to do so. So remain vigilant because resources are finite, and too few have been infected thus far. America is still a tinder box of explosive infection potential as everyone with eyes can attest.

Comment

What about at 8? REALLY.
                And redirect you go ... but 8-10 is closer to the interactions you see at noon than you would at midnight. 10 seemed like a nice reasonable compromise for businesses while attacking the root of the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Kansas' Rt value has dipped nicely the last couple of days. Good job staying away from each other everybody!
                  You can't really help but stay away from each other... it's Kansas! ;)

On a more serious note: my zipcode was at 25% positivity not too long ago. How's that for big city feel? :(

Comment

• I think if every privately owned bar had a greeter at the door like Walmart, they might be allowed to open. Seems like that must be the key to safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

This virus is really sticky. I took my temp. and it's normal. Felt really weird though. Every chill and headache nowadays makes one immediately think "they've got it". You are right though, I do take ample precautions. If I get this ****, ya'll better just run for the hills cuz ur screwed!

And yes, if we don't get a vaccine it will make its way through our entire country no matter what we do. Nobody is perfect and nobody can keep this **** up forever. Eventually you just say **** it! "Take me you mother****ing insidious alien virus!!!"
                      Each time you mention "insidious alien virus", I'm reminded of this crazy scene... yikes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Each time you mention "insidious alien virus", I'm reminded of this crazy scene... yikes!

And I'm literally thinking about that scene every time I say it lol.

Comment

• Back to India for a moment...

Every see anything so unrestrained in your life?

They have over 4x our population. They've gotta be looking at us with 150k deaths and literally just squeezing their nutsacks. India is about to get a population haircut.

Here's our infection curve for comparison. You can clearly see where we gave it "the ol' college try".

This ****ing virus will not be denied.

It will be morbidly interesting though to see just how bad it gets over there. So dense, so poor. The bright side is we may be able to get our country's GDP back on track on ventilator production alone. Every man woman and child would have to go to ventilator factories to satisfy India's coming demand I reckon'.

And I'll be honest with you... Mexico and Brazil are just as ****ed.

You wanna know something even more sick? These poor countries getting rid of their aged, sickly, and diseased will actually be a net benefit in the long run.

There is no limit to my Nihilism sometimes folks. Sorry.

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dr-anth...231001329.html

Fauci throws like BHO

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Butane Hash Oil?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Throw was about as off as all of his "scientific" based predictions...

Comment

Working...
                                X