Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I got the Carona. It's not that bad. A little tickle in my throat and a rash on the arm. I guess having unprotected sex with a Covid positive partner ain't a good idea.

As for my wife, she had a little headache. We are in full lockdown mode, and as RickyfRicky TrailerPark Boys would say, "There's nothing to do but smoke dope get drunk and bang."

Good thing I got the Netflix, Hulu Live and Prime. Thinking about binging the whole Press Your Luck game show from the early 80's.
    ​​​​​
    Keep bangin'!

What a luxury to be quarantined with a Covid-trained healthcare worker. Can't ask for better odds.

Please list your symptoms as they appear if possible. Any fever yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Just wanted to give a little heads up to all my friends in the Covid forum: The last time Trump warned us that things were going to get worse, we had NYC. He just said the exact same thing not too long ago. Last week I mentioned the possibility that we could see 2,500 daily deaths again... I hope that doesn't come to pass. But we've gained almost a million documented positive cases over the last 2 weeks and I fear the bill is about to come due.

Not to be redundant, but.... please don't breathe the same (unfiltered) air as people not in your immediate household if at all possible. No bars or restaurants okay? Let's all do our part to spread the word and stop the infections.
      Is this where a “hell yah” high-five is in order?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is this where a “hell yah” high-five is in order?
        It's all very, very sad. We are in the midst of a historic moment. This is the pandemic we've been warned about and movies have been based on. The good news is, we haven't seen millions and millions of deaths... so far.

In the future we will face other pandemics as nature attempts to find a population equilibrium, yet we will be much more ready for them. Vaccine and anti-viral technology will have taken a huge leap forward when this is all said and done.

Comment

Keep bangin'!

What a luxury to be quarantined with a Covid-trained healthcare worker. Can't ask for better odds.

Please list your symptoms as they appear if possible. Any fever yet?
          Just minor stuff. If this doesn’t get bad, soon, I dunno. It took all of less than a day to break my rule of no tv’s in kids rooms. So sick and tired of having everyone home playing video games on all of the TV's. Broke down a had three 32" jobs delivered. I get my Netflix back!
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Just minor stuff. If this doesn’t get bad, soon, I dunno. It took all of less than a day to break my rule of no tv’s in kids rooms. So sick and tired of having everyone home playing video games on all of the TV's. Broke down a had three 32" jobs delivered. I get my Netflix back!
            Hey now... don't taunt the little mother****ers. Keep your head down. You have an alien inside and it traveled halfway across the world just to find you.

Make sure you're gettin' ur zinc. Eat a couple eggs or somethin' because...

With every ejaculation, a human male loses about 1 milligram of zinc.

Comment

It's all very, very sad. We are in the midst of a historic moment. This is the pandemic we've been warned about and movies have been based on. The good news is, we haven't seen millions and millions of deaths... so far.

In the future we will face other pandemics as nature attempts to find a population equilibrium, yet we will be much more ready for them. Vaccine and anti-viral technology will have taken a huge leap forward when this is all said and done.
              Yep, we were told millions of deaths would ensue. Waiting on that to come to fruition. We were told that all the new cases from the "spike" would lead to massive deaths. Waiting on that to come to fruition.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep, we were told millions of deaths would ensue. Waiting on that to come to fruition. We were told that all the new cases from the "spike" would lead to massive deaths. Waiting on that to come to fruition.
                The millions of death were what was forcast if nothing was done. We all /done something/ staying home for so long. We simply got too bored and quit it a couple of weeks too early. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

The millions of death were what was forcast if nothing was done. We all /done something/ staying home for so long. We simply got too bored and quit it a couple of weeks too early. :)
                  So the consensus is that if we didn't wear masks and socially distance, our death count would go from 144,000 to millions?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

So the consensus is that if we didn't wear masks and socially distance, our death count would go from 144,000 to millions?
                    Very early in the pandemic we only had the 3% mortality rate out of china to work with. We also knew that it was highly contagious. If you project a 70% U.S. infection penetration with 3% mortality... you get around 7 million dead. This doesn't take into consideration a cascade failure in the healthcare system due to millions of Covid hospitalizations. Add in all the folks with normal emergencies who are now not getting taken care of and... well... that's why everybody was talking about flattening the curve.

The good news is the mortality rate today is likely between .04% and .08%. That puts the projected death toll at: 70% infected x (I use) .06% = 1,386,000. Of course this is with no eventual vaccine or gains in therapeutics. I have heard from some doctors that we are saving twice as many people now than we were in April. So just take today's death total and multiply it by 2 if we hadn't larned nuttin'.

But make no mistake... if we fail with the vaccine and have to drag this out for years eventually infecting 70-90% of the population... the ultimate death toll will be very high (1-2M). The reason for this is that it is a novel virus. Humanity has never faced it before. Even the plain old Flu would eventually kill over a quarter of a million people if it was novel and infected 70% of the population.

Don't even get me started on reinfections, which have happened.

And PLEASE don't even get me started on long-term complications, which are happening.

So yeah! Gimme a V! Gimme an A! Gimme a C! Etc...

Kumbaya muh lord, Kumbaya...

Comment

Quarantine fatigue is a real sonofabitch. :(

Comment

Very early in the pandemic we only had the 3% mortality rate out of china to work with. We also knew that it was highly contagious. If you project a 70% U.S. infection penetration with 3% mortality... you get around 7 million dead. This doesn't take into consideration a cascade failure in the healthcare system due to millions of Covid hospitalizations. Add in all the folks with normal emergencies who are now not getting taken care of and... well... that's why everybody was talking about flattening the curve.

The good news is the mortality rate today is likely between .04% and .08%. That puts the projected death toll at: 70% infected x (I use) .06% = 1,386,000. Of course this is with no eventual vaccine or gains in therapeutics. I have heard from some doctors that we are saving twice as many people now than we were in April. So just take today's death total and multiply it by 2 if we hadn't larned nuttin'.

But make no mistake... if we fail with the vaccine and have to drag this out for years eventually infecting 70-90% of the population... the ultimate death toll will be very high (1-2M). The reason for this is that it is a novel virus. Humanity has never faced it before. Even the plain old Flu would eventually kill over a quarter of a million people if it was novel and infected 70% of the population.

Don't even get me started on reinfections, which have happened.

And PLEASE don't even get me started on long-term complications, which are happening.

So yeah! Gimme a V! Gimme an A! Gimme a C! Etc...

Kumbaya muh lord, Kumbaya...

Why 70%? 70% is the very upper end if you’re looking at natural vaccine-less herd immunity. That number decreases exponentially as the more susceptible are infected first.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Why 70%? 70% is the very upper end if you’re looking at natural vaccine-less herd immunity. That number decreases exponentially as the more susceptible are infected first.
                          john Hopkins claims it is 70-90%

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...h-covid19.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Please don't bring logic in to one of the Covsheeps responses. 70% is a ridiculous number.

Comment

That article is from April and does not account for variable change that comes with natural herd immunity. We know much more about the virus than we did at that time. More recent models show a significantly lower threshold.

More details for reference:

When will a disease stop spreading through a population? The formula is simple, but the variables are much more complicated.

Last edited by shoxtop; July 22, 2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• I’ve seen recent research claiming 45-65% to get herd immunity. I’m not going to pretend that one study is better than another. These are estimates. Once we get herd immunity, that doesn’t mean no one else will get the virus, it just means that it will naturally decline.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X