Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I haven't kept up with this thread for several days, so hopefully this hasn't already been posted.

South Korea completed a large contact-tracing study, and if I'm reading the conclusion correctly, index patients between the ages of 10-19 had a high rate of transmittal within their households, while kids 0-9 had a low rate. If my understanding is accurate, that may complicate the plan to re-open middle and high schools this fall.

That’s good info. However, I have been lead to believe that the Chinese virus mutated while in the Mediterranean. This European version is the prominent strain in the US, so I’ve been told. If that is the case, then the current transmission in the US might not correlate at all with those in Asia.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Yeah that is the problem .. the states you chose were cherry picked when there are certainly other states that can be chosen to show the opposite conclusion.
      I am going by the trends that we have now with all the knowledge and science we have now to fight the virus. The "free states" are the ones exploding. Cali is kind of teetering and might explode, but they did open up restaurants and such if I'm not mistaken.

Feel free to show the opposite conclusion. Find states with a minimum of population density, that touted they weren't closing down, and show me their infections rates stabilized (this would exclude places like North Dakota)

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Agreed, I think you included it to show a trend, and are saying total deaths don't matter?
      I am saying "early deaths don't matter" because nobody knew WTF was going on in March. NYC, New Jersey, etc. were blind-sided. The exponential infection was firmly in place when they shut the city down. They just had to wait for the deaths to "process". NOW, we are all on the same page. We know that if you allow people to chill in bars, restaurants, gymnasiums, it is akin to letting a child lose with a sparkler in a cave full of gun powder (what a sick thought).

I just don't see any way that the Commies are beating Freedom other than trend line --
      Exacty. I deal with trendlines brother. Not to make a point, but to stay in touch with reality. What's happened in the past, is the past. Unless you think all those trendlines for Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. are just going to spike straight downward in a couple of days with no more casualties, well... I hope so too, but that's not rational/scientific thinking.

No, you DON'T have to shut down your entire society to handle this -- you primarily need to lock down nursing homes and inform the populace of exactly what's going on so they can handle it themselves.
      I agree you don't have to shut down your entire society to handle this, but I vehemently DISAGREE that all you have to do is lock down nursing homes. Nursing homes are not the "seeders", they are the victims. The "seeders" are in the bars, restaurants, gymnasiums, churches, etc. etc.

You don't fight a fire by spraying water at the tips of the flames, you fight the fire by aiming the water at the base, where the fuel is burning. Americans aged 13ish-50 are who are spreading this disease to the nursing homes and everywhere else. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've listened to the first-hand accounts of healthcare workers who've went from nursing home to nursing home and infected the entire lot of 'em.

I will repeat again, not to be an ass, but to finish my thought: All indoor social gatherings must be banned until the infection rates falls to a point where community spread is no longer occurring. Then you can start to SLOWLY open up things like bars and restaurants and contact trace, BUT... you must have fast and prolific testing (which we don't have).

Our only choice is to shut social **** down... I'm sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Breaking in with something that has nothing to do with the virus. Just thought it was cool.

Now back to your scheduled discussion.
        Those guys are not 6 ft apart.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yeah that is the problem .. the states you chose were cherry picked when there are certainly other states that can be chosen to show the opposite conclusion.

Agreed, I think you included it to show a trend, and are saying total deaths don't matter?

But even if you look at the cherry picked states individually and remove New York, the Freedom Lovers are still winning by a large margin:

Florida: 5,207
          Texas: 4,197
          Arizona: 2,918

Illinois: 7,517
          Massachusetts: 8,433

In fact the two Commies sans New York have a higher total than the other three combined.

-- and you DEFINITELY don't want to compare the deaths/1M population:

Florida: 242
          Texas: 145
          Arizona: 401

Illinois: 593
          Massachusetts: 1,224

I just don't see any way that the Commies are beating Freedom other than trend line -- and you don't think Sweden's trend lines are good enough to overcome death rate (even though they got hit at the same time as New York) -- so that can't be your definition of winning.

No, you DON'T have to shut down your entire society to handle this -- you primarily need to lock down nursing homes and inform the populace of exactly what's going on so they can handle it themselves.
          Not to mention the fact that California deaths and cases are now trending down. Deaths down from 140 on 7/14 to 9 on 7/19. Cases went from 11,126 on 7/14 to 6.846 on 7/19.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Exacty. I deal with trendlines brother. Not to make a point, but to stay in touch with reality. What's happened in the past, is the past. Unless you think all those trendlines for Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. are just going to spike straight downward in a couple of days with no more casualties, well... I hope so too, but that's not rational/scientific thinking.
            Sweden's trend line smashes every trend line you have posted to smithereens, but they did it wrong because of "deaths". Yet the states you are holding up as being the "winners" have a higher death rate than Sweden and slightly weaker trend lines.

You can't have it both ways.

You either have to admit that Sweden was hit early like New York, but is kicking ass now in terms of trend lines; or you have to admit that New York, Illinois and Massachusetts lockdowns were a complete fail as they did not stem the tide of deaths.

And why the hell is Massachusetts spelled like that and not Massachussets? The second spelling would allow me not to hit the damn backspace so often.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sweden's trend line smashes every trend line you have posted to smithereens, but they did it wrong because of "deaths". Yet the states you are holding up as being the "winners" have a higher death rate than Sweden and slightly weaker trend lines.

You can't have it both ways.

You either have to admit that Sweden was hit early like New York, but is kicking ass now in terms of trend lines; or you have to admit that New York, Illinois and Massachusetts lockdowns were a complete fail as they did not stem the tide of deaths.

And why the hell is Massachusetts spelled like that and not Massachussets? The second spelling would allow me not to hit the damn backspace so often.

Sweden is a completely different civilization than America. This has been cussed and discussed ad nauseam in Covid circles already. It is a low-dense civilization and they are all loners. It's THE worst place to be if you are a virus and want to live...

They had a lot of deaths (compared to their neighbors) because they didn't shut down, but they have a TINY amount of deaths compared to what would have happened if they had NYC's demographics. They're also all white, right? (that sounded funny - say it out loud lol)

Forgive my typing errors. I'm going really fast and doing 3 things at once right now. No spellchecking.

Here's a little something for you to analyze. This isn't a trap. I just thought of it moments ago and copy-pasted the list. I think it supports my point. Perhaps not. Please look at the states' ranking for today in infections and break them down between R's and D's. Remove states that don't have a minimum density level. I don't know what that threshold would be, but N. Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas would be places that likely fall under the threshold. Living in a low-density state is a bonus during pandemics. If a state like NYC has a lower infection ranking then ... say... S. Carolina, they should receive a bonus point no?

This is only a day's ranking so it is statistically ridiculous, but a lot of the "free states" are prominently at the top of the list and usually remain there on a daily basis.

To answer MKR's comment about me being a Communist, I think I'll go have a t-shirt made that says: "Communists do it better - with Covid!" lol

I can say that in good spirits, because I know they do just about everything else... worse. I'm talking about Democrats of course.

Comment

• Sort of off topic, but not really. A serial car thief in LA was arrested and released 14 times due to the zero bail rule before finally being locked up and not given bail. WTF??

Comment

• Dr. Nesheiwat is not only beautiful but right on the money:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/studie...hildren-europe

Comment

• Good Covid News:

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ath-row-inmate

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      The virus did not have a right to take that life. Inhumane. Release all of em.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The virus did not have a right to take that life. Inhumane. Release all of em.
                        LOL!!

Comment

• So we struck gold. Or not. Wife turned up positive. Finally. It wasn’t an if but a when. Working w/Covid pts for months, her number was bound to be picked. She's asymptomatic, I'm just going to quarantine and not test yet again. I'll stay home and test when her first negative comes back.
                          #paidtimeoff
                          ​​​​​
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Good luck!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              So we struck gold. Or not. Wife turned up positive. Finally. It wasn’t an if but a when. Working w/Covid pts for months, her number was bound to be picked. She's asymptomatic, I'm just going to quarantine and not test yet again. I'll stay home and test when her first negative comes back.
                              #paidtimeoff
                              ​​​​​
                              BTW, why wasn’t she wearing a mask?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

BTW, why wasn’t she wearing a mask?
                                C'mon man, don't start playing checkers with me now. It takes this entire forum going full on 100% at me to keep things challenging. You literally just did the equivalent of dropping your sword and exposing your heart. I will pretend like it didn't happen.
                                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 21, 2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X