No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is slipping into politics -- which is okay, but wrong thread. I'll leave it for now, but if you guys want to argue over it I will move the posts for ya.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I don’t want to argue, I was just legitimately curious if anyone was reporting it.

Comment

• I’m sure the post was a generalization. It’s important to discuss the risk in its entirety in relation to both illness and the economy. I think most in this thread are open.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, it also makes me wonder. There are hundreds of news outlets in existence.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I get the impression you may not be a fan of mainstream media sources like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Are not some of the smaller more conservative news outlets reporting the fact that deaths are decreasing?
          wufan was right, it was a generalization. However, it's still hard to find stuff like that on the local news and for sure the Kansas City Eagle.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I've heard it mentioned many times already this morning on CNBC.
            That's genuinely great to see but I'm sure it isn't a lead talking point right?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think what's most concerning throughout all of this is the sheer number of people who are not only fine with these draconian lockdowns, but also actively want them enforced on others, specifically healthy people. It's one thing to have a government that tries to seize too much power; it's another to have a populace that would trade freedom for security in a heartbeat.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Kansas has activated KANG units to help with mobile testing in western Kansas as covid-19 outbrea continues in Dodge City and Liberal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  I think what's most concerning throughout all of this is the sheer number of people who are not only fine with these draconian lockdowns, but also actively want them enforced on others, specifically healthy people. It's one thing to have a government that tries to seize too much power; it's another to have a populace that would trade freedom for security in a heartbeat.
                  My wife is a Karen.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Coronavirus spreads in a New York nursing home forced to take recovering patients

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1191811

Comment

• Panel of physicians recommends extending COVID restrictions for Sedgwick County:

I think that they lay out their arguments well (and succinctly).
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Covid-19 results summed up in 1:49...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Covid-19 results summed up in 1:49...

That is ****** funny folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Covid-19 results summed up in 1:49...

Freaking hilarious!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Panel of physicians recommends extending COVID restrictions for Sedgwick County:

I think that they lay out their arguments well (and succinctly).
                              Strongly disagree. Lots of generalities laid forth in that statement.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• U.S. Growth Rate (7 day average): 3.2%
                                Kansas Growth Rate (7 day average): 9.2%
                                Sedgwick County Growth Rate (7 day average): 1.5%

U.S. as a whole has got a decent trend line (hopefully will get even better in the next couple weeks)

Kansas is not doing so hot. Kansas was riding along with the downward trend of the national average until they let western Kansas get out of control. The risk is that new clusters will be imported back into Wichita and other areas.

The Wichita area is under control (it would be better if it was <1%, and probably will be after next week - unless a new cluster emerges).

Comment

Working...
                                X