No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov. Steve Sisolak plans to extend his directive asking people to stay home to limit the spread of the coronavirus but he will ease some restrictions. The Democratic governor said in an interview with ABC News Wednesday that Nevada’s coronavirus cases and deaths have reached a plateau but he has to “extend the stay at home order a little bit” in order to see the numbers drop.

Vegas stays closed until secret plan is revealed

Comment

• Super Bowl champ fighting on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Comment

• 'Clear-cut' evidence coronavirus drug remdesivir works, Fauci says

Comment

• I wonder where they will make that?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            In Reno County it appears some dumbass who was supposed to be self-quarantining didn't and is responsible for spreading it to four other people, possibly more, with additional test results pending.

I could fix that real quick.....just take them to jail and hold him in the infirmary until they have no more symptoms, or if they aren't too sick, just put them in solitary.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I could fix that real quick.....just take them to jail and hold him in the infirmary until they have no more symptoms, or if they aren't too sick, just put them in solitary.
              No
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

No
                States, most likely, have the right to do that. I'm not saying it should happen, but police powers, especially in the face of a public health crisis, are left to the states.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

States, most likely, have the right to do that. I'm not saying it should happen, but police powers, especially in the face of a public health crisis, are left to the states.

Yep. I understand they could. Typhoid Mary is a great example of proper use of such an authority.

This person in Reno is an ass. Somewhere above voluntary quarantine, but less than prison is probably the correct response.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Yep. I understand they could. Typhoid Mary is a great example of proper use of such an authority.

This person in Reno is an ass. Somewhere above voluntary quarantine, but less than prison is probably the correct response.
                    He should be restricted to the KU campus. After all they are the only university in the state with a medical program -- I distinctly remember them making that case in the not so distant past.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I meant county jail, not a prison. Charge them with a misdemeanor and force them to bail themselves out. NO personal recognizance bonds.

Seriously, if you had a loved one that was at risk and some goofball knowingly gave them a potentially fatal disease, how would you feel? People in this country seem to get confused about the concept of freedom and how it relates to personal responsibility. It's great to have freedom, but it's useless unless we, as a society, exercise personal responsibility as well. Freedom without personal responsibility is anarchy.

Comment

I meant county jail, not a prison. Charge them with a misdemeanor and force them to bail themselves out. NO personal recognizance bonds.

Seriously, if you had a loved one that was at risk and some goofball knowingly gave them a potentially fatal disease, how would you feel? People in this country seem to get confused about the concept of freedom and how it relates to personal responsibility. It's great to have freedom, but it's useless unless we, as a society, exercise personal responsibility as well. Freedom without personal responsibility is anarchy.
                        Personal Responsibility. From other opinions you've stated, I wouldn't think you would believe in that. We Agree on something. :)

Comment

I totally agree with the freedom/responsibility dichotomy. Because someone is a dangerous asshole does not necessitate jail time. As a worst case measure, house arrest should be sufficient.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

What amount of the variability of increased cases is explained by increased testing, if you don't mind me asking? (Asking for R-Squared)
                            BTW -- You asked a very interesting question that I didn't think of when looking at this data.

Today's additional data points jumped R2 over .70 at 0.70258.

Has anybody on here ever seen real (non-academic) data sets have that high of an R2?! I haven't. There are almost always too many variables to get two separate data sets to yield that type of determinant. That's eye popping.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I totally agree with the freedom/responsibility dichotomy. Because someone is a dangerous asshole does not necessitate jail time. As a worst case measure, house arrest should be sufficient.
                              So, I like to drive fast cars. Does that mean that if I drove recklessly and killed someone while showing off, that would just make me a dangerous asshole who did not deserve jail time? Just asking how far we go with that label.

Comment

So, I like to drive fast cars. Does that mean that if I drove recklessly and killed someone while showing off, that would just make me a dangerous asshole who did not deserve jail time? Just asking how far we go with that label.
                                Given your example, it would make you more than just a dangerous asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X