Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Do you have any videos of Trump supporters after the vaccine was released? The video you posted is from September 11, 2020, well before any vaccine was released, so to try to tie that to how people feel after a vaccines was available seems to be misleading.
    C'mon man... there's an unlimited number of stories on conservative citizens making total asses of themselves over the pandemic. I mean, it's like a new face-palmer every day.

Dying man #163 in hospital who's just come to Jesus: "Listen to me America, the virus is REAL... take the vaccine. PLEASE!"

There are so many of these stories I stopped counting. And the prevailing attitude in this thread is a symptom of the disease they all suffer(ed) from. The cynicism, the need to challenge every single thing that is released from the doctors/scientists. It's conspiracy theory mentality and the conservative party is RIFE with it - promulgated by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and Tucker. It's all a slight of hand trick for the purposes of gaining attention and capturing repeat listeners/viewers. Not entirely dissimilar to the methods of a troll.

I would hope for my Shocker brethren that they would wake up one day and see the Matrix for what it really is. But like the movie, some who do finally wake up wonder if they should have just remained asleep. This is a thought that haunts me more often than I'd like to admit.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

C'mon man... there's an unlimited number of stories on conservative citizens making total asses of themselves over the pandemic. I mean, it's like a new face-palmer every day.

Dying man #163 in hospital who's just come to Jesus: "Listen to me America, the virus is REAL... take the vaccine. PLEASE!"

There are so many of these stories I stopped counting. And the prevailing attitude in this thread is a symptom of the disease they all suffer(ed) from. The cynicism, the need to challenge every single thing that is released from the doctors/scientists. It's conspiracy theory mentality and the conservative party is RIFE with it - promulgated by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and Tucker. It's all a slight of hand trick for the purposes of gaining attention and capturing repeat listeners/viewers. Not entirely dissimilar to the methods of a troll.

I would hope for my Shocker brethren that they would wake up one day and see the Matrix for what it really is. But like the movie, some who do finally wake up wonder if they should have just remained asleep. This is a thought that haunts me more often than I'd like to admit.
      So that's a no then.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• This may be the greatest article/thread on Covid I have ever seen:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...512244227.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

So that's a no then.
          Thanks for the softball.

I typed "Trump Supporters Vaccine" in YouTube and here's the first video in a long line of results.

Here's a real scary one...

The propagandists on FOX News who spin the vaccine push as an attack on freedom should be arrested and charged w/ endangering the public. This is not free speech, this is telling children to go play in a condemned house hoping they fall through the floor...

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            This may be the greatest article/thread on Covid I have ever seen:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...512244227.html
            The people who spin scientists and doctors offering new guidance as they respond to new information as "flip flopping", probably shouldn't even be allowed to drive automobiles. I mean, this isn't even basic adult-level critical thinking. There's a maldevelopment that makes me wonder if they can drive in traffic safely.

Comment

• I watch two shows on Fox and they push the importance of getting a vaccine quite often. However, they typically do make the point that it's still a personal decision to be made by an individual and their doctor as well.

Apparently 1/3 of all NYC medical staff are MAGA people as that's the percentage of medical professionals there that aren't vaccinated. Large percentages of minorities, in very blue cities are not vaccinated.

Can you at least make a slight attempt to be honest and admit that this vaccinated vs non-vaccinated thing isn't political? You continuing to spew that same tired propaganda that's continually pushed by liberal media is tiresome and 100% dishonest.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm really ***** depressed at the idea that we're gonna go back to masks, full ICU's, etc. etc. I'm really ***** depressed about it all...

I do hope ya'll have a great weekend. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  I'm really ***** depressed at the idea that we're gonna go back to masks, full ICU's, etc. etc. I'm really ***** depressed about it all...

I do hope ya'll have a great weekend. :(
                  Enjoy your mask! At least that will save someone else from having to go to the ICU!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• While the CDC is saying fully vaccinated persons can get together indoors in groups, fully vaccinated people are voluntarily wearing masks if they've been exposed to either covid or RSV (the common cold). Among my social group, both far-right and far-left people are wearing masks if they think they've had exposure or if they want to avoid exposure.

I'm starting to think that reaction to covid may be more related to age than to political affiliation.

I'm dealing with trying to reopen a business that was totally shut down by covid. Our potential customers are insisting on every person in the facility must be fully vaccinated or they will not enter the facility. Our clientele is mostly older people. The average age is 72.

I imagine Shocker basketball fans in that age range will be a bit more receptive to being in a facility with unvaccinated people. Some in that age range may not want to take the risk. This could be the opportunity for some younger fans to buy season tickets.

Comment

• A2E755FC-AE7C-4248-9A27-96CECC7BC87C.jpeg
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Again, I will repeat what my spidey senses tell me: Masks work because the amount of people that don’t want to deal with them during a mandate stay home more often than not, thereby reducing interaction chances. It’s the effect of masks that work, not the mask themselves. If media and CDC were intellectually honest, they would compare foot traffic in public mask mandate/no mask mandate.

Comment

Again, I will repeat what my spidey senses tell me: Masks work because the amount of people that don’t want to deal with them during a mandate stay home more often than not, thereby reducing interaction chances. It’s the effect of masks that work, not the mask themselves. If media and CDC were intellectually honest, they would compare foot traffic in public mask mandate/no mask mandate.
                          There’s no correlation between mask mandates and transmission rates.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

There’s no correlation between mask mandates and transmission rates.
                            But there has to be a correlation on the effect of mask mandates by just the sheer number of people that say screw it, I’m staying home?

Comment

But there has to be a correlation on the effect of mask mandates by just the sheer number of people that say screw it, I’m staying home?
                              There is no difference in transmission rates between masked and unmasked areas. It doesn’t matter if people stay home for this reason on a population based metric. The population may or may not see increases in transmission.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• COVID protests and the dangers of the disinformation age - CNET

Comment

Working...
                                X