Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Beyond the normal first responders and healthcare there was 26 exemptions. They included grocery store workers and farmers markets and convenience stores that sell food. Gas stations, cleaning services and the ag industry and the media services are considered essential.

Food process, social services, all media, gas stations and auto road service, banks, hardware stores, plumber and electricians and HVAC, mail and shipping, educational institutions and laundry and dry cleaning are on the list. Also included is restaurants for drive through or pickup, school lunch deliveries, supply products services, shipping and trucking and delivery persons, taxi and commercial aircraft workers and those who offer shelter to adults or kids are on the list. Also on the list is attorneys, realtors, insurance and title companies, child care facilities (up to ten kids) mortuaries, and manufacturing companies that supply products as well as clergy. And I'm sure there are others not listed here.
    Booze?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Booze is still open?
      The Booze lobby was very active. They will be open clear up to the apocalypse. Also I believe any store or range that sells ammo or firearms can stay open (at least that exemption was requested).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The Booze lobby was very active. They will be open clear up to the apocalypse. Also I believe any store or range that sells ammo or firearms can stay open (at least that exemption was requested).

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

My personal opinion is that we need to accept the suck for a few more weeks and then start easing back into things. Easing back into things a week from today would be far, far too premature and undoubtedly cost lives. There's a relative risk to everything, and you could make the argument that by waiting a few more weeks more lives could be lost due to the effect on the economy, and I get that. That's why it's important to get fiscal stimulus and checks distributed as soon as possible.
          But if you listened it wasn't a blanket everything back to normal. I would expect NYC to be different than Ellis, Kansas. Do we really need a state wide lockdown in small town southern Illinois vs Chicago?

Low risk areas should be able to start getting back to normal.

Comment

Booze is still open?
            Replacement hand sanitizer? Everclear will zap that bug.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Booze is still open?
              Pour some scotch on Cheerios and you have a winner...says a friend of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Replacement hand sanitizer? Everclear will zap that bug.

When Clorox wipes ran out, my wife soaked paper towels in everclear... They’re delicious with coke.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

But if you listened it wasn't a blanket everything back to normal. I would expect NYC to be different than Ellis, Kansas. Do we really need a state wide lockdown in small town southern Illinois vs Chicago?

Low risk areas should be able to start getting back to normal.
                  I'd agree. But I'd also point to Louisiana as a state where it is spreading widely in rural communities.

You might be able to do this on a 'case by case' basis but it's not going to happen without a better testing infrastructure.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Booze may seem extraneous, but the hospitals probably don't want to deal with a bunch of alcohols involuntarily detoxing. Alcohol withdrawal leads to severe issues about in about 3% of cases, with complications ranging from seizures to death.

​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                      Booze may seem extraneous, but the hospitals probably don't want to deal with a bunch of alcohols involuntarily detoxing. Alcohol withdrawal leads to severe issues about in about 3% of cases, with complications ranging from seizures to death.

​​​
                      Being shut in with my family also leads to severe issues. So the beer helps. ;)
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

I'd agree. But I'd also point to Louisiana as a state where it is spreading widely in rural communities.

You might be able to do this on a 'case by case' basis but it's not going to happen without a better testing infrastructure.
                        Given that most economic activity occurs in large urban centers (which are the most impacted), this won't have much of an impact on the national economy.

But if health experts rate the risk low, and the community is willing to accept the risk.....

Comment

• Can't we estimate that as of today that on the high side there are about 214,000 people in the United States with coronavirus?

Why?

As of 03-23-2020 ...

- There are 42,752 presumptive confirmed cases

- WHO and China have reported that about 80% of cases are mild (unreported).

- WORST CASE all 42,752 are considered severe cases (we know that's not true, there are mild cases mixed into this number).

- That would mean (worst case), 42,752 people represent the 20% of the population of people with coronavirus that are "reported".

- From there it's easy to calculate (42,752 x 100) / 20 = 213,760 total people with coronavirus.

"BUT!", you say, "we haven't tested enough people -- there may be millions of people with it and we haven't tested them!"

- Well ... we have tested about 294,000 people at this point. That's a LOT of samples (0.1% of the population).

- 42,000 positives / 294,000 tests = 15% positives, and 85% negatives.

- The tests are only being given to people _highly probable_ to have coronavirus, and yet only 14.2% do.

Why it could be wrong?

As the test number increases, so does the ratio of positives to total tests. However, I have a gut feeling this is almost purely because New York is blowing up and a disproportionate bulk of testing is being done in hot spots. That's purely a hypothesis, and I haven't looked into it at all.

Comment

• Can someone tell me what magical company Gov Cuomo knows about, the one that can just snap their fingers and produce millions of masks, gowns and ventilator in an instant?

The one that takes time to voluntarily make them but instantly produces them when the government forces them?

Comment

• Market is up almost 9% today.

Good to see Green for once.
                              The Assman

Comment

• 2 new cases in Segwick county - unrelated, both are under 60, community transfer

Comment

Working...
                                X