Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

First of all, thanks!

I've looked @ that website, however, I do believe death rate would be a lagging metric, until the healthcare industry gets overwhelmed. Then not so much.

And I appreciate your information on risk profile. This virus can morph (I know, seems like a simple comment from me) and it could be that it is now could hit the middle aged folks like the Spanish Flu did in 1918.
    That's why we don't concern ourselves with death rate. Besides, not much we can do for the dead.
    This virus HAS morphed; it morphed before most of us even knew about it. It's one of the things the CDC considers when making recommendations on isolation times.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So I would consider the death rate, in this case, to be a lagging indicator, but I'm not watching it too closely (Cases start to spike, people linger for a week or two, then pass - initial infection is a leading indicator, followed by an increase in the death rates as the small percentage of the population gradually worsen at a future point, which would be the lagging indicator).

Anyone want to weigh in on this assumption? Also noting a spike in severe cases among younger people, especially here in the U.S.
      I would think that the death rate is mainly a lagging indicator. Of course, here recently, there has been some testing of folks that aren’t responding to treatment so they are positive today and dead tomorrow, but obviously some folks that just tested positive haven’t side yet.

The numbers kinda are what they are. That uncertainty is driving a lot of the negatives we are seeing IMO.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• At least one good thing to come out of this, so far, is the display of unity in the face of a national crisis; came across this link and couldn't find it anywhere else to corroborate, for what it's worth:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-arent-joking/

Comment

• Reports are it's being community spread in Kansas City. Today it was reported in additional more rural counties. Perhaps more tests are being ran but according to Kake yesterday the state was down to 500 tests and no longer testing in Johnson county unless the person is admitted into the hospital and high risk.

I heard there were 450 deaths in Italy in the past 24 hours. The hospital staff reports out of Italy and now NY are terrifying. Trying to stay positive but it sure seems it will only get worse.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            Reports are it's being community spread in Kansas City.
            As C0|dB|00ded stated in an earlier post......I suspect it's been transmitted "community style" across this country for at least 8 weeks.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Absolutely.

More people have it, probably many, than the active cases now reported. I've seen several times that it wouldn't be unusual for a person to have it and not even display any of the known symptoms. Any projected numbers or graphs/curves right now, and probably for the duration, are just speculation. The only hard numbers gathering most of my attention right now are those in Wuhan, keeping in mind the data gathering source. They appear to have leveled out, with an existing number of less than 7000 active cases. That's good news.

Comment

• 1.7 Million. Excellent news.

Comment

• Netanyahu: Israel Begins 7-Day Lockdown, Hoping to Slow COVID-19 Pandemic

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                    1.7 Million. Excellent news.
                    So is it OK to go eat Chinese food in the seating area this weekend? I say this because I hate to take food home and I heard Rush Limbaugh said it was OK (or at least he was saying that last week). **Asking for a friend since they invited me up there to dine with them**

Comment

• +3900
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        +3900
                        Isn't it telling that numbers are increasing at a rate consistent with the increase in tests available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          +3900
                          For perspective, that's more additional severe cases in one day than there were TOTAL, just 5 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                            Isn't it telling that numbers are increasing at a rate consistent with the increase in tests available?
                            Sure, these increases are expected with the increase of testing, no doubt.

Comment

• From my take based on being a healthcare worker's spouse. I am almost absolutely certain to be contaminated. If it were to get out just how many people in the country have been exposed, it would be mind-blowing. I'm still not worried. I have done a diligent job of avoiding the elderly and immunocompromised, I am not in quarantine, and have been told that I don't need to be. Neither is my wife. That said, we are 100% certain that she has been exposed.

I can't get into the details as to why we aren't in quarantine, but let's just say, if all the healthcare worker's that were exposed, put themselves in quarantine, there wouldn't be any available healthcare worker's It's to treat the sick.

All that said, I'm not all that worried.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                From my take based on being a healthcare worker's spouse. I am almost absolutely certain to be contaminated. If it were to get out just how many people in the country have been exposed, it would be mind-blowing. I'm still not worried. I have done a diligent job of avoiding the elderly and immunocompromised, I am not in quarantine, and have been told that I don't need to be. Neither is my wife. That said, we are 100% certain that she has been exposed.

I can't get into the details as to why we aren't in quarantine, but let's just say, if all the healthcare worker's that were exposed, put themselves in quarantine, there wouldn't be any available healthcare worker's It's to treat the sick.

All that said, I'm not all that worried.
                                The sooner we can know how many people have had it, asymptomatically or mildly, and have recovered the better.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X