No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible delusion occurring in this thread. But it's totally understandable because we are all scared.

Italy has many more doctors and beds per capita than the U.S. We aren't even locked down yet. Our infection peak won't occur until 2-4 weeks AFTER people stop playing beach volleyball. We are in for a LOT of pain.

The low number is 10-15 million infected in the U.S. right now. The high number...?

It's normal for folks to not be able to grasp the infection rate behavior of outbreaks because it deals with math that isn't intuitive. I would advise all to watch the following video:

https://www.facebook.com/itsokaytobesmart/videos/213119293379367/

"I like it when people are thinking I'm overreacting because that means we're doing it just right." - Dr. Anthony Fauci

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Incredible delusion occurring in this thread. But it's totally understandable because we are all scared.

Italy has many more doctors and beds per capita than the U.S. We aren't even locked down yet. Our infection peak won't occur until 2-4 weeks AFTER people stop playing beach volleyball. We are in for a LOT of pain.

The low number is 10-15 million infected in the U.S. right now. The high number...?

It's normal for folks to not be able to grasp the infection rate behavior of outbreaks because it deals with math that isn't intuitive. I would advise all to watch the following video:

https://www.facebook.com/itsokaytobesmart/videos/213119293379367/

"I like it when people are thinking I'm overreacting because that means we're doing it just right." - Dr. Anthony Fauci

T

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Saw the area around Lake Como when I was on the TGV from Milan to Zurich a few years ago. That is a really pretty area. I would like to go back and spend some time after this is all over with. It looked like the epicenter (in Lombardy) was relatively close to that area.
        Como is technically in the state/region of Lombardy. And Yes, you should definitely go to Como - we stayed there a few nights. In fact, Como is where my fiance said yes this past summer! Too bad our wedding was scheduled for a few weeks....... :/
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Does anybody have "Recoveries" data for United States?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Como is technically in the state/region of Lombardy. And Yes, you should definitely go to Como - we stayed there a few nights. In fact, Como is where my fiance said yes this past summer! Too bad our wedding was scheduled for a few weeks....... :/
            I had a friend (he passed a couple of years ago from cancer) who had a castle on Lake Como. His wife could make the BEST home made pasta. His son took the business over (oilfield-related). The family was very interesting - they had 3 homes, one a walkup in NYC (kids went to school at the U.N. International School), the place in Como and a townhome in Houston. I hear she is/was living on the Lake now.

I remember the stories they told about how pretty the place was, and seeing it (plus hearing your recommendation) makes me even more eager to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Does anybody have "Recoveries" data for United States?
              it is in the worldmeter data

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

it is in the worldmeter data
                I suppose there just hasn't been enough time to generate any substantial recoveries.

Comment

• Here is the Bing COVID-19 Tracker. It allows you to go down to the county level in some states.

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

Comment

• Do we all agree with the following statement?

Testing has been primarily restricted to patients that have been screened by doctors to have exact symptoms with high enough severity and/or enough other evidence to indicate that there's a high probability that they have coronavirus.

Comment

Does anybody have "Recoveries" data for United States?
                      Don’t know all the filters, but this one has recoveries.

Comment

• Does anybody know if the flu mortality rate is based off of reported cases or estimated cases?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Do we all agree with the following statement?

Testing has been primarily restricted to patients that have been screened by doctors to have exact symptoms with high enough severity and/or enough other evidence to indicate that there's a high probability that they have coronavirus.
                          That's probably right. The only bad thing about that is that if they have the symptoms and test for the virus, they most likely already had it for a week. So who all did they give it to during that time?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Does anybody know if the flu mortality rate is based off of reported cases or estimated cases?
                            Usually estimated total.

Edit: And yes, that makes most comparisons out there between flu and coronavirus apples-to-oranges.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

That's probably right. The only bad thing about that is that if they have the symptoms and test for the virus, they most likely already had it for a week. So who all did they give it to during that time?
                              This is why people we need people to stay home. While all would be nice (its not doable unless youre in China)

Comment

Usually estimated total.

Edit: And yes, that makes most comparisons out there between flu and coronavirus apples-to-oranges.
                                So it's fair to say since we know there are millions that have been infected but not been tested (similar to flu) that the corona mortality rate is once again substantially lower since it's based off of reported cases? Perhaps as similar to the flu mortality rate?

Just spitballing here. And no, that doesn't mean i have no sympathy for the 400+ that have died in this country or the 15,000 + worldwide. Just trying to get some possible perspective.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X