• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're insane. Every one of em...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Only Covid deaths matter.
      And they're higher than first thought.

New analysis finds global Covid death toll is double official estimates (statnews.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        That study is trash. I’m sure there are many discrepancies, but they’ve failed to figure out what they are.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• The only number that matters is how many excess total deaths there were in the U.S.

I haven't really been able to find out what that # was for 2020. But whatever 2019 was, then add whatever the % increase normally is year over year, and subtract that # from the 2020 total.

That's how many people can be attributed to Covid. Period. Everything else, is just phony math.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            The only number that matters is how many excess total deaths there were in the U.S.

I haven't really been able to find out what that # was for 2020. But whatever 2019 was, then add whatever the % increase normally is year over year, and subtract that # from the 2020 total.

That's how many people can be attributed to Covid. Period. Everything else, is just phony math.
            Yes. Also, in another year I want to see that total as well, as I suspect we're going to see a bit of a decline, where we see we lost some people that were close to death anyway, just sped up.

Not trying to be flippant about anything, especially death, but I don't have a better way of putting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yes. Also, in another year I want to see that total as well, as I suspect we're going to see a bit of a decline, where we see we lost some people that were close to death anyway, just sped up.

Not trying to be flippant about anything, especially death, but I don't have a better way of putting it.
              For some reason this comment made me think of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail bit, 'Bring out your dead!'
              Last edited by shocktown; May 11, 2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                The only number that matters is how many excess total deaths there were in the U.S.

Not sure the accuracy of the data but according to the data in the link.

with an average increase of 1.28% we had 467,196 excess total deaths. Using the min and the max increases we had between 431,930 to 488,256 excess deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

with an average increase of 1.28% we had 467,196 excess total deaths. Using the min and the max increases we had between 431,930 to 488,256 excess deaths.
                  That seems to be a pretty accurate assessment to me.

Thanks
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• NORMAL.jpg

This gives the Quack faoci wood just like watching old videos of the 'cassanova' sherwon colins driv-n-dishin' to kole alldrich gives Cold a boner...

How deranged!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

If accurate, then according to the article referenced earlier, 435k lives were saved by Covid. That is, since 900k died from covid, but there were only 465k excess deaths, then 435k that would have died normally, didn’t actually die.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• James Wagner

@ByJamesWagner
                        ·
                        1h
                        The Yankees announce that 3B coach Phil Nevin, who is fully vaccinated, tested positive (“a breakthrough positive”). He is under the quarantine protocols in Tampa. "Under MLB's guidance and advice, and with its assistance, additional testing and contact tracing are ongoing.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          James Wagner

@ByJamesWagner
                          ·
                          1h
                          The Yankees announce that 3B coach Phil Nevin, who is fully vaccinated, tested positive (“a breakthrough positive”). He is under the quarantine protocols in Tampa. "Under MLB's guidance and advice, and with its assistance, additional testing and contact tracing are ongoing.”
                          About 1 in 10 vaccinated persons can still get Covid. About 1 in 200 may become symptomatic. About 1 in 1000 may be hospitalized. About 1 in a million will die.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• At least five of the Yankees’ coaches have tested positive for COVID-19, Marly Rivera of ESPN reports. All have been vaccinated and most are asymptomatic, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network.

Comment

• The Biden administration wants to make the Pfizer/bioentech technology open market. Seems like a good way to stifle innovation when they just take your patent away.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• MAY 12: Pitching coach Matt Blake and two other staff members tested positive, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com was among those to report. That brings the Yankees’ total to seven positive cases (three coaches, four non-coaches). The team also scratched shortstop Gleyber Torres from its lineup Wednesday out of “an abundance of caution,” Boone said

Comment

Working...
                                X