Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Thanks for the actual data and perspective. It sure makes the fear monger continue to look like a twatwaffle.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wichita pastor battling COVID-19 to be removed from life support

In a post on Facebook on Thursday, Christ Church-ICT said the family of Pastor Dennis Turner had been receiving treatment for complications of COVID-19 which included them using an ECMO machine. The church said doctors had informed his family that they had done all they could do for the pastor, medically. Because of that, the church said doctors would be removing all of the support he has been receiving on Friday.
      Terrible story. Doesn't look that old in the pic.

Oscar De La Hoya announced Friday he contracted coronavirus and was in the hospital receiving treatment, and that he had to pull out of his upcoming fight against Vitor Belfort.

Oscar De La Hoya hospitalized after contracting coronavirus

The 48-year-old boxer said he was fully vaccinated

"Wanted you to hear directly from me that despite being fully vaccinated, I have contracted Covid and am not going to be able to fight next weekend. Preparing for this comeback has been everything to me over the last months, & I want to thank everyone for their tremendous support," he tweeted.
      Need that 3rd shot brotha!

With the latest Covid-19 surge upending American life yet again, an official rollout of booster doses could begin within weeks, pending FDA authorization. And it’s likely that three doses of the vaccine are needed for full protection, Dr. Anthony Fauci said.

Three doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says

With the latest Covid-19 surge upending American life yet again, an official rollout of booster doses could begin within weeks, pending FDA authorization. And it's likely that three doses of the vaccine are needed for full protection, Dr. Anthony Fauci said.

He cited two Israeli-based studies that showed a decrease in infections among people who got a third or booster shot.
      There was good reason to believe that a third dose "will actually be durable, and if it is durable, then you're going to have very likely a three-dose regimen being the routine regimen," Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said at a briefing Thursday.
      Good to hear! I'm one step ahead of ya. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Thanks for the actual data and perspective. It sure makes the fear monger continue to look like a twatwaffle.

Nothing I said was hyperbolic or a misrepresentation of the facts.

Why do you work so hard to look like a dumb-dumb?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Nothing I said was hyperbolic or a misrepresentation of the facts.

Why do you work so hard to look like a dumb-dumb?
          I see cut and paste is part of your arsenal as well.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Intensive care beds are full of unvaccinated coronavirus patients at a hospital in Boise, Idaho. Doctors now are bracing to have to conserve scarce resources for those most likely to survive.

Loss of hopeā€™: Idaho hospitals crushed by COVID-19 surge

BOISE, Idaho (AP) ā€” The intensive care rooms at St. Lukeā€™s Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.

But watch for a moment, and glimpses of who they were before the coronavirus become clear.

Artfully inked tattoos cover the tanned forearm of a man in his 30s. An expectant motherā€™s slightly swollen belly is briefly revealed as a nurse adjusts her position. The young woman is five months pregnant and hooked to a breathing machine.

Down the hall, another pregnant woman, just 24 and on a ventilator, is lying prone ā€” on top of her developing fetus ā€” to get more air into her ravaged lungs.
            ***** horrendous. It's like something out of a movie. These are YOUNG people!

Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.

With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nationā€™s lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.

St. Lukeā€™s Boise Medical Center invited The Associated Press into its restricted ICUs this week in hopes that sharing the dire reality would prompt people to change their behavior.

ā€œThere is so much loss here, and so much of it is preventable. Iā€™m not just talking about loss of life. Ultimately, itā€™s like loss of hope,ā€ said Dr. Jim Souza, chief medical officer. ā€œWhen the vaccines came out in December, those of us in health care were like, ā€˜Oh, my God, itā€™s like the cavalry coming over the hill.ā€™ ... To see now whatā€™s playing out? Itā€™s all so needless.ā€
            Inside the ICUs, Kristen Connelly and fellow nurses frequently gather to turn over each patient, careful to avoid disconnecting the tangle of tubes and wires keeping them alive. With breathing tubes, feeding tubes and half a dozen hanging bags of medications intended to halt a cascade of organ damage, turning a patient is a dangerous but necessary endeavor that happens twice a day.

When Idahoā€™s hospitals were nearly overwhelmed with coronavirus patients last winter, Connelly wasnā€™t fazed, believing she could make a difference. Now, instead of focusing on one patient at a time, she cares for multiple. Many colleagues have quit, burned out by the relentless demands of the pandemic.

ā€œAt this point, Iā€™m overwhelmed. I donā€™t have much left,ā€ the 26-year ICU nursing veteran said Tuesday.
            Most of the ICU patients fell prey to con artists before they fell ill with the virus, said Souza, the chief medical officer. He points to a patient who first tried the anti-parasite drug ivermectin. U.S. health officials have warned it should not be used to treat COVID-19. The man, in his 50s, refused standard medical treatments until he became so sick he needed to be hospitalized.

ā€œWhat weā€™re left with is organ supportive therapy. Misinformation is hurting people and killing people,ā€ Souza said.

What the science is clear on? Vaccines, he said. ā€œWe donā€™t have any vaccinated patients here.ā€

In deep-red Idaho, however, vaccinations, masks and nearly anything related to the coronavirus marks a de facto borderline between more traditional Republicans and the far-right.
            Owens fears her stepbrother may be taken off life support if someone with a better chance of survival needs the bed.

ā€œI donā€™t even want to think about it. ... I mean, heā€™s been in there for a month. If it comes to crisis standards of care, theyā€™re going to say heā€™s not showing enough improvement, because heā€™s not,ā€ she said, fighting back tears. ā€œI hope he pulls through it.ā€
            What a POWERFUL and compelling story. Must read!

CB stands by ready to roll out w/ a small vaccination army and tranq gun in hand. I will do it for my country. I will do it for each one of YOU!

Comment

• Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone. Stay safe!

I'm going to try and not think about the upcoming B12 meeting and the Shockers fate over the break.

Comment

Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone. Stay safe!

I'm going to try and not think about the upcoming B12 meeting and the Shockers fate over the break.
                That would be good for you! Disconnect. Stop the propaganda and accept even the CDC says the ā€œSpreadā€ cannot be stopped.

Those who can, should get these ā€œvaccinesā€ to limit impact on hospitals and potentially save your life.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya hospitalized after contracting coronavirus

The 48-year-old boxer said he was fully vaccinated

Need that 3rd shot brotha!

Maybe cocaine makes the vaccine worthless?

Comment

With the latest Covid-19 surge upending American life yet again, an official rollout of booster doses could begin within weeks, pending FDA authorization. And it’s likely that three doses of the vaccine are needed for full protection, Dr. Anthony Fauci said.

Three doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says

Good to hear! I'm one step ahead of ya. ;)
                    Four doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says...

Five doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says...

Six doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says...

Seven doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says...

Eight doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says...

Nine doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says...

Ten doses of Covid-19 vaccine are likely needed for full protection, Fauci says

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

That would be good for you! Disconnect. Stop the propaganda and accept even the CDC says the ā€œSpreadā€ cannot be stopped.

Those who can, should get these ā€œvaccinesā€ to limit impact on hospitals and potentially save your life.
                      Indeed. It's far past time we start realizing and learning to live with Covid instead of living in fear from Covid...that's not good for votes though...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Looks like Delta variant is waning. Good news. Also, I thought the Delta was causing spikes like we haven't seen? Looks like a blip to me.
                        Obviously you aren't paying attention to the media. Plug in.

Comment

• Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupDelta Lady · Joe CockerJoe Cocker!ā„— An A&M Records Release; ā„— 1969 UMG Recordings, Inc.Released on: 1969-11-01Pro...

Comment

• Iā€™m partially fully vaccinated.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Always
                              Be
                              Trolling

Comment

Always
                                Be
                                Trolling

Coffee is for closers!

We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X