Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not going to debate it, but whatever is behind that information is terribly flawed. The vaccine "problem" (if there is in fact a problem) is within the minority segment of the population.

The continued virtue signaling has to end. Stop pushing the "stupid redneck truth denying Trumpists" mantra. Americans are much smarter. Are there some that will refuse the vaccine? Of course, and it's their right. But those few people were never going to get any vaccine. Undocumented, illegals and minorities are the ones not interested in getting the vaccine, for a variety of reasons.

And yes there are differences between New York and Kansas.

Unplug.
    Owned. Dismantled. Tail tucked between the legs.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I drove through campus to see all the updates that have been happening (mostly beautifully done, by the way) and the amount of students walking around...alone...outside...in the sun...wearing masks... blew my mind.

These are supposed to be some of the youngest, healthiest people when it come to COVID, yet they are living with a muzzle on.

The media and politicians have successfully let these kids live in fear and submission. What’s worse is they seems to like it or at least welcome it.

Our future looks bright!
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        I drove through campus to see all the updates that have been happening (mostly beautifully done, by the way) and the amount of students walking around...alone...outside...in the sun...wearing masks... blew my mind.

These are supposed to be some of the youngest, healthiest people when it come to COVID, yet they are living with a muzzle on.

The media and politicians have successfully let these kids live in fear and submission. What’s worse is they seems to like it or at least welcome it.

Our future looks bright!
        It's the Venezuela model working perfectly...

Comment

• A lot of it is a few faculty and staff feel internally compelled to wear them outdoors be it from paranoia, political statements or self righteousness....and students see that and become confused on what they are supposed to do, not what they want to do. It will slowly change as more and more classes return to normal. There are still signs encouraging mask wear on campus, although the mandatory language was removed. I wore a mask diligently inside (sometimes outside in crowds) on campus, except in the privacy of my office, up until the point I received my second shot and the mandate was lifted. Now, it’s off most of the time inside and all of the time outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You don't wanna paint because you'll fail to get that upward motion on your line. And that hurts you tremendously. Cases are flat at worst and appear to be trending downward. If you look at your worldometer 7-day rolling average, which I know you check on every 25 minutes of every day, it's as plain as pie.

You're just like the media. If the truth isn't what you want to happen, it just doesn't exist and isn't worth reporting on. You could paint if you wanted to, or more importantly, if it lended to your "surge" assertions, but it doesn't so blah on for several posts about posting what you want, yada, yada, yada. What a horribly frail media puppet you are.
            And there it is again! Same tired old schtick, but with one spectacular peculiarity: a miss rate of nearly 100%. Someone should really go back over the last year and count up all the times you've attacked one of my posts only to be found wrong. The number would be hilarious... and miraculous! You're perhaps the best contrarian indicator to reality I've ever seen. The NSA explores all sorts of "alternate intelligence" to gather insight on future events and brother, I do think there's a high-paying job for you in that field somewhere. Your task would be quite simple; just make a series of predictions about random events, after which your answers would be collected, reversed, and then sent to the various agencies for immediate consideration. Perhaps you could solve the age old dilemma of general relativity and quantum mechanics incompatibility. You've already disproven the notion that a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not going to debate it, but whatever is behind that information is terribly flawed. The vaccine "problem" (if there is in fact a problem) is within the minority segment of the population.

The continued virtue signaling has to end. Stop pushing the "stupid redneck truth denying Trumpists" mantra. Americans are much smarter. Are there some that will refuse the vaccine? Of course, and it's their right. But those few people were never going to get any vaccine. Undocumented, illegals and minorities are the ones not interested in getting the vaccine, for a variety of reasons.

And yes there are differences between New York and Kansas.

Unplug.
              You're not going to debate it yet you'll conveniently discount the truth then lay it all on the illegals?

Some polls show Trump voters rejecting the vaccine at a 10 to 1 rate compared to Dems.

Sticking your head in the sand does not make the bad/sad news go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                I drove through campus to see all the updates that have been happening (mostly beautifully done, by the way) and the amount of students walking around...alone...outside...in the sun...wearing masks... blew my mind.

Our future looks bright!
                Some folks have turned them into fashion statements oddly enough. I have no problem with a person wanting to wear a mask, but it is largely unnecessary outdoors unless you are in a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Years of studies prior to the Covid Craze indicated that masks do virtually nothing to stop the spread of viruses. They're basically a placebo for the weak minded. The above link says the same thing.
                  It's amazing the effect one man can have with regards to warping the minds of decent folk. I could toss a ball up in the air watching it fall to the ground. I could ask you what happened and you would say, gravity! I could take you fishing, toss a net over the side of the boat hauling in a bunch of fish (and other stuff). I could then ask you want happened. What would you say?

Masks are most effective as “source control,” which means preventing infected people from spreading the virus to other people.

Respiratory droplets with the virus are expelled into the air when infected people cough, talk, sneeze, or breathe. These droplets quickly evaporate and shrink to become tiny airborne particles.

But if an infected person is wearing a mask, it will catch and contain the larger droplets in the humid space between the person’s mouth and the mask. In this environment, droplets take nearly a hundred times as long to transform into airborne particles. So masks reduce the spread of infectious particles.

This makes a meaningful difference when everyone is wearing masks. If you’re the only one wearing a mask in a public location, it won’t necessarily protect you from being infected. But if everybody is wearing a mask, your odds of infection will go down by quite a bit.

Masks are ubiquitous in healthcare and laboratory settings. They clearly work. And the better the mask, the better the protection. That's on the wearer to secure the best they can find. I've worn K/N95's exclusively since the very beginning. And the methods I've used to obtain them are available to all.
                  The fascinating issue here is your and many others willingness to take the least likely side of the debate. I would challenge you to look inside yourself and ask why?

Comment

• Coronavirus-Denier Ted Nugent Tests Positive For COVID-19: ‘I Thought I Was Dying’

“I got the Chinese s**t,” the Trump-loving musician said in a Facebook live video filled with racist slurs.
                    I'm just gonna leave this here...

Comment

• These kids were alone. No one within 100+ ft of them.

It was odd.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Yesterday as I was taking my kid to school I saw a high school kid walking down Rock Road with a mask on -- he was completely alone and not another person in site in any direction.

And my son and I were like ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

And there it is again! Same tired old schtick, but with one spectacular peculiarity: a miss rate of nearly 100%. Someone should really go back over the last year and count up all the times you've attacked one of my posts only to be found wrong. The number would be hilarious... and miraculous! You're perhaps the best contrarian indicator to reality I've ever seen. The NSA explores all sorts of "alternate intelligence" to gather insight on future events and brother, I do think there's a high-paying job for you in that field somewhere. Your task would be quite simple; just make a series of predictions about random events, after which your answers would be collected, reversed, and then sent to the various agencies for immediate consideration. Perhaps you could solve the age old dilemma of general relativity and quantum mechanics incompatibility. You've already disproven the notion that a broken clock is right twice a day.
                          YOU complaining to someone about a tired old shtick??? LMAO.

I’m sorry I took so much time out of your busy day that generated a response that had zero to do with the thread. Don’t come unglued. Focus on the prize.

And in all that wastefulness, you could’ve completed your paint graph. But you didn’t because, you know you’re wrong.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Did he die?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Some polls show Trump voters rejecting the vaccine at a 10 to 1 rate compared to Dems.
                              Which ones? Links please.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Yesterday as I was taking my kid to school I saw a high school kid walking down Rock Road with a mask on -- he was completely alone and not another person in site in any direction.

And my son and I were like ...

Some people (my 9 year old if you can call him a person) forget they are wearing them.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X