No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Novavax is going to delay applying for FDA approval until after September - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cine-clearance - and instead is applying for approval in other countries, including India. Probably a smart move because the US market is pretty well saturated and vaccinations have slowed. Other articles have mentioned they may be positioning themselves as a booster alternative. They've been part of a study in the UK that's been looking at boosters from companies other than the original shot maker.

Was hoping they'd get US approval sooner since they're more of a traditional vaccine. Would have been interesting to see what people who don't want to get a mRNA type or said the current ones came out too fast would have done if there was an alternative and it was released almost a year after the mRNA ones. IMO anyone who also refuses something like Novavax is probably going to refuse any vaccine. Also, the vaccine pill from Vaxart probably won't even be out of trials until 2022, so those waiting for the pill version may have to wait awhile.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      Looks like Novavax is going to delay applying for FDA approval until after September - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cine-clearance - and instead is applying for approval in other countries, including India. Probably a smart move because the US market is pretty well saturated and vaccinations have slowed. Other articles have mentioned they may be positioning themselves as a booster alternative. They've been part of a study in the UK that's been looking at boosters from companies other than the original shot maker.

Was hoping they'd get US approval sooner since they're more of a traditional vaccine. Would have been interesting to see what people who don't want to get a mRNA type or said the current ones came out too fast would have done if there was an alternative and it was released almost a year after the mRNA ones. IMO anyone who also refuses something like Novavax is probably going to refuse any vaccine. Also, the vaccine pill from Vaxart probably won't even be out of trials until 2022, so those waiting for the pill version may have to wait awhile.
      The J&J Vx is a traditional vaccine.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• My wife went and got poked (Moderna) in preparation for school starting. If she grows a third leg is that acceptable grounds for a divorce?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          My wife went and got poked (Moderna) in preparation for school starting. If she grows a third leg is that acceptable grounds for a divorce?
          I got Moderna and it made my third leg grow, so you should be worried. My wife was fine with it, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I got Moderna and it made my third leg grow, so you should be worried. My wife was fine with it, though.
            That's the blue Moderna, and if it lasts for more than 4 hours, you should call a doctor.

Comment

Worried my ass. Sign me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That's the blue Moderna, and if it lasts for more than 4 hours, you should call a doctor.
                What??? Crap!

I do remember thinking how impressed I was that the vaccine was already out in pill form! And now it makes sense as to why the nurse asked me to stay with her in a side room for 4-hours instead of 15 minutes. I was pretty tired when she finally let me leave. And she said I should ask for her when I came back for my 2nd dose.

Comment

What??? Crap!

I do remember thinking how impressed I was that the vaccine was already out in pill form! And now it makes sense as to why the nurse asked me to stay with her in a side room for 4-hours instead of 15 minutes. I was pretty tired when she finally let me leave. And she said I should ask for her when I came back for my 2nd dose.
                  Who hijacked Royal's account?

Comment

• Comment

• Sorry.......just thought it was funny

Comment

• assholes.jpg

Comment

• Pretty solid, non-political and informed discussion on Covid with Scott Gottlieb on Face the Nation this morning.

Almost completely void of politics during the 5 minute discussion. So refreshing. Would have liked a few more details and breakdowns, but it's Face the Nation.

Comment

• Jon Heyman @JonHeyman

Anthony Rizzo positive for Covid. This is a danger of being unvaccinated. Of course the Yankees also have the sport’s record for vaccinated players getting Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Anti-vax gonna anti-vax.

Super-duper funny joke!... if you really suck at critical thinking and maths.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Pretty solid, non-political and informed discussion on Covid with Scott Gottlieb on Face the Nation this morning.

Almost completely void of politics during the 5 minute discussion. So refreshing. Would have liked a few more details and breakdowns, but it's Face the Nation.
                                No need to watch Face the Nation. I've been delivering that discussion commercial-free going on 17 months now...

Comment

Working...
                                X