Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

There is no additional data needed at this time, other than ICU hospital beds available, which is ZERO.
    Well, I disagree sir. Hospital bed availability is for hospitals and news papers. Infectious disease experts watch percent positive.

Google leading vs. lagging indicator.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

No. I am gonna head out later and test that theory tho.
      Took DayQuill, then went out. Cows don't care how I feel, they only care about themselves. I didn't notice if they smelled better or worse. I am assuming that I am positive, and will act accordingly.

Comment

• While most COVID-19 patients with loss of taste and smell see it return within six weeks, others struggle with changes to these senses months later.

well, that sucks

Comment

People who suffer depression are less sensitive to odours and the parts of their brains responsible for smelling are smaller

I wonder what the percent of patients is that suffers long term loss of smell from Covid vs the percentage that is impacted by depression from lock down due to Covid?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• The situation in Sedgwick County is getting worse. I've pulled my kid out of school for the time being (not due to concern for him getting Covid):

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The situation in Sedgwick County is getting worse. I've pulled my kid out of school for the time being (not due to concern for him getting Covid):

Apparently, ICU Beds Available are incorrect or "moving" numbers in some fashion. The next to last data on the graph has 60 ICU Patients with 0 ICU Beds Available while the last set of data shows 80 ICU Patients with 0 ICU Beds Available.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Apparently, ICU Beds Available are incorrect or "moving" numbers in some fashion. The next to last data on the graph has 60 ICU Patients with 0 ICU Beds Available while the last set of data shows 80 ICU Patients with 0 ICU Beds Available.
                There is natural daily turnover on ICU beds, so people that weren't Covid could have left and Covid people taken those beds over. I know at least one hospital is converting offices into covid-patient storage (doesn't mean they will have more ICU beds though).

Comment

There is natural daily turnover on ICU beds, so people that weren't Covid could have left and Covid people taken those beds over. I know at least one hospital is converting offices into covid-patient storage (doesn't mean they will have more ICU beds though).
                  Not going to look it up here, but I thought someone pointed out that Sedgwick County had 100 (give or take) ICU beds. Probably remembering wrong.

Comment

The situation in Sedgwick County is getting worse. I've pulled my kid out of school for the time being (not due to concern for him getting Covid):

Did your kid ever contract it or test positive after you and your wife did?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not going to look it up here, but I thought someone pointed out that Sedgwick County had 100 (give or take) ICU beds. Probably remembering wrong.
                      208 is what it's showing on the graph. I think that was confirmed at one point?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Did your kid ever contract it or test positive after you and your wife did?
                        No idea, we never tested him. We aren't worried about him at all.

Comment

The situation in Sedgwick County is getting worse. I've pulled my kid out of school for the time being (not due to concern for him getting Covid)
                          Talk about your low-probability risks. Do you guys wear helmets in case of meteorite strikes when you go outdoors too? :P

There's plenty of critical care available in Wichita at the moment. They are constantly adapting, converting wings, bringing in outside personnel as needed.
                          Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 10, 2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

No idea, we never tested him. We aren't worried about him at all.
                            Of course. Nothing to be concerned about with Covid whatsoever.

Comment

Where have you been the last 7 months as I have been dutifully educating the local membership on risks, procedures, and outcomes? I have a friend who is still without the majority of her taste and smell. She was infected like 4 months ago? Seems like a small thing, but it could be a life changer for some. I'm much more concerned about other long-lasting issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's odd. Do you guys wear helmets in case of meteorite strikes when you go outdoors too? :P

There's plenty of critical care available in Wichita. They are constantly adapting, converting wings, bringing in outside personnel as needed.
                                We have reasons to be extra diligent -- and it's none of your business.

Comment

Working...
                                X