No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you all suggest for those of us in a high risk group who also have to work to survive? I am on furlough at the moment but when my group is called back to work I have to go back (high risk group or not) or I will no longer have access to unemployment. Even if allowed to keep unemployment I would lose my job and/or seniority to continue to isolate. I think there are a lot of us in that category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
      What do you all suggest for those of us in a high risk group who also have to work to survive? I am on furlough at the moment but when my group is called back to work I have to go back (high risk group or not) or I will no longer have access to unemployment. Even if allowed to keep unemployment I would lose my job and/or seniority to continue to isolate. I think there are a lot of us in that category.
      That is a tough situation to be in and I sympathize with you. Without knowing what line of work you are in I would just say make sure your supervisor knows your situation and can help you in any way possible to take the precautions you need. Businesses will have to have a plan to deal with these issues.

Comment

• For a limited time (how limited is anyone's guess) the Red Cross will be testing blood donations for Covid-19 antibodies. I am donating tomorrow. They are supposed to have your results in 7-10 days.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate...y-testing.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          For a limited time (how limited is anyone's guess) the Red Cross will be testing blood donations for Covid-19 antibodies. I am donating tomorrow. They are supposed to have your results in 7-10 days.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate...y-testing.html
          The San Diego Blood Bank is doing the same here in SD. I am giving blood tomorrow and they indicated 7-10 days for antibody test.

Comment

What do you all suggest for those of us in a high risk group who also have to work to survive? I am on furlough at the moment but when my group is called back to work I have to go back (high risk group or not) or I will no longer have access to unemployment. Even if allowed to keep unemployment I would lose my job and/or seniority to continue to isolate. I think there are a lot of us in that category.
            Hold out as long as you can. When you have to go back, social distance as much as is allowed. Wash your hands. Wear an N95 mask until you’ve hit your risk tolerance level. Clean your mask or change it daily.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Just had my neighbor tell me that, in Wichita, when someone tests positive they are then tested daily until they no longer test positive. He said that those daily tests are recorded as positives EACH DAY THE SAME PERSON HAS A POSITIVE RESULT. This can give 1 person a reported ~14 cases, obviously skewing the total numbers. Anyone else know anything about this? Surely this can't be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Just had my neighbor tell me that, in Wichita, when someone tests positive they are then tested daily until they no longer test positive. He said that those daily tests are recorded as positives EACH DAY THE SAME PERSON HAS A POSITIVE RESULT. This can give 1 person a reported ~14 cases, obviously skewing the total numbers. Anyone else know anything about this? Surely this can't be right.
                I have a feeling someone is trolling you.. That would certainly be a total waste of a sometimes very elusive resource.

Comment

I have a feeling someone is trolling you.. That would certainly be a total waste of a sometimes very elusive resource.
                  Well, I had the feeling he was off just a tad on the facts. Lol

Comment

I have a feeling that people are re-tested

Comment

Just had my neighbor tell me that, in Wichita, when someone tests positive they are then tested daily until they no longer test positive. He said that those daily tests are recorded as positives EACH DAY THE SAME PERSON HAS A POSITIVE RESULT. This can give 1 person a reported ~14 cases, obviously skewing the total numbers. Anyone else know anything about this? Surely this can't be right.
                      Surely not.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I heard in NY they’re doing the same thing with deaths.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Numbers would be higher if they was the case. There was a release of where the cases were coming from in the county and state. In the county most are clusters in retirement homes, and 1 church. In the stare it is meat packing plants. If there was accounting issue it would have been easily seen then.

i do wonder how they are handling the recovered? Especially those who are not in hospital?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Numbers would be higher if they was the case. There was a release of where the cases were coming from in the county and state. In the county most are clusters in retirement homes, and 1 church. In the stare it is meat packing plants. If there was accounting issue it would have been easily seen then.

i do wonder how they are handling the recovered? Especially those who are not in hospital?
                            On the news, when they report the state and county caronavirus figures, they say the total cases, new cases, and the number who have recovered.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

In the name of full disclosure this data does not include hotspots such as TX, AZ, FL.
                              I'll address this when I am back in town after the 4th.

Meanwhile everyone have a happy 4th of July!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Due to how the virus counts are trending differently from state-to-state, I don't think looking at overall US deaths is going to tell us as much as if you look at them by state. FL, AZ and TX are seeing an increase in reported deaths.
                                I did not see that for AZ. I saw that hospitalizations peeked three weeks ago and have fallen sharply since, and deaths peeked two weeks ago and have fallen sharply since. On vacation so not in a situation to share graphs for several days, but maybe someone else can show the AZ dashboard graph.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X