No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to wufan for posting on a topic that might be unsettling to him and others. Covid-19 is no influenza. It has a dizzying array of dangerous effects on people of all ages. I would recommend NOT getting infected by this insidious, alien, exotic, novel, foreign, and confusing virus if at all possible.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Increasing cases do not mean jack! Get back to me when deaths start increasing. Deaths have been declining here in CA since April. Cases have "spiked" because of the protests and because of increased testing (particularly of patients going to see doctors or hospitals because of other elective reasons).
      Educate yourself brother on the "process". Infections precede deaths.

I don't mind arguing about this, but please protect yourself like wufan does. When you find out - again - that this virus is real... you'll be very glad you did.

T

Comment

• I never once said I wasn't protecting myself. Educate yourself on my posts and my stance brother.

I am simply saying don't listen to the frantic idiots on CNN and NBC and don't rely on them for your information. This makes you look uninformed. Cases are increasing and that is a fact. I however, am of the belief that this doesn't necessarily mean things are going to explode. There are plenty of other factors and contributors that can explain the "spike" that don't point to it leading to hospitalizations and death. Just a different perspective. Doesn't mean I am not educated just because I see it differently than you.

Comment

I never once said I wasn't protecting myself. Educate yourself on my posts and my stance brother.

I am simply saying don't listen to the frantic idiots on CNN and NBC and don't rely on them for your information. This makes you look uninformed. Cases are increasing and that is a fact. I however, am of the belief that this doesn't necessarily mean things are going to explode. There are plenty of other factors and contributors that can explain the "spike" that don't point to it leading to hospitalizations and death. Just a different perspective. Doesn't mean I am not educated just because I see it differently than you.
          I can't keep up with everybody's storyline. I'm glad to hear you are protecting yourself. :)

I am extremely well informed. I also watch about .03% Fake News.

It's time to be concerned.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Apologies to wufan for posting on a topic that might be unsettling to him and others. Covid-19 is no influenza. It has a dizzying array of dangerous effects on people of all ages. I would recommend NOT getting infected by this insidious, alien, exotic, novel, foreign, and confusing virus if at all possible.

T

I never said it wasn’t nasty to the symptomatic patients. It is. I am in total agreement that you don’t want the virus. Take scientific precautions if you are at risk.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Only 4,870,000 deaths to go to reach death angel status.

Is Italy and Spain still on lockdown?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I can't keep up with everybody's storyline. I'm glad to hear you are protecting yourself. :)

I am extremely well informed. I also watch about .03% Fake News.

It's time to be concerned.

T

Texas deaths are increasing. They are around 40 per day right now, just like New York. New York is safe but Texas is not. Weird.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Texas deaths are increasing. They are around 40 per day right now, just like New York. New York is safe but Texas is not. Weird.
                  Because you have to be proactive with you're dealing with Pandemics.

I will say this as far as NYC is concerned... serology studies have indicated as high as 20% of the city's population has been infected. With an 8M population and 25-30k deaths, that's a 1-1.3% fatality rate. That would be 10-13x is deadly as the flu. This of course doesn't take into consideration some of the long-term effects of Covid.

...but back to my point, NYC is starting to build some herd immunity, particularly in the poorer areas of the city. Also, they aren't fully open yet like we are.

So, 20% of NYC has been put through the ol' Covid ringer. Texas? They'd be lucky if they have had 3% infected.

T

Comment

• Houston hospital district ICU population is at 100%.
                    San Antonio's hospital capacity (general beds) is at 25% with roughly 100 patients admitted every day, meaning in 10 days, unless something gives they will also be maxed out.

Positivity rate is over 10% (meaning 10% of people taking COVID tests are positive)
                    Cases are doubling (where I am) every 16 days.

Abbott has cancelled elective surgeries in the most populous Texas counties (Travis, Harris, Dallas and Bexar) as of today.
                    Abbott has also put out a public plea for retired nurses to consider coming out of retirement.

Abbott is also hitting the brakes on opening back up as of today.

He has capable health department officials giving him information and crunching numbers. He would not do this unless he knew this could really get bad here.

If present trends continue, people will soon be dying in major texas cities (due to a lack of hospital beds) if additional space is not opened up. Note I don't know if the numbers include the temporary facility they set up at Reliant in case this happened.

This disease seems to be good at traversing interstate highways, which, in my opinion, is part of the problem in Oklahome.

If I lived in Kansas, I would be watching your leading indicators very carefully. Seems like your numbers are starting to track up. You might be where we are now in a couple of weeks.
                    Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 25, 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Sounds like the lily pad scenario. I do hope it doesn't happen. If Texas burns like New York did... Trump is finished.

I just talked to someone at a major Wichita Hospital and they have cleared space and are preparing for "the 2nd wave". They did this one time before and we never got our 1st wave. Maybe Wichita is just a blessed town.............................................. ................................................

T

Comment

Sounds like the lily pad scenario. I do hope it doesn't happen. If Texas burns like New York did... Trump is finished.

I just talked to someone at a major Wichita Hospital and they have cleared space and are preparing for "the 2nd wave". They did this one time before and we never got our 1st wave. Maybe Wichita is just a blessed town.............................................. ................................................

T

No. Wichita is not an anomaly. Most places outside of New York never hit the doom and gloom hospital projections in the "1st wave". We scrambled to brace for this HUGE millions of deaths and it fizzled.

I have three neighbors who are doctors, and every single one of them here in San Diego said they were never near capacity, not even close.

Comment

...but do it through a mask. :P

T

Comment

...but do it through a mask. :P

T

Comment

No. Wichita is not an anomaly. Most places outside of New York never hit the doom and gloom hospital projections in the "1st wave". We scrambled to brace for this HUGE millions of deaths and it fizzled.

I have three neighbors who are doctors, and every single one of them here in San Diego said they were never near capacity, not even close.
                                Therefore; ...

Go ahead, type it out. Then when you reread the bastardization of reason and logic that just vomited from your fingertips, DELETE IT. Then go and sin no more against game theory my son.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X